Lucinda Creighton - the answer to all our problems !!

Started by Rossfan, January 02, 2015, 05:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 03, 2015, 11:43:36 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 03, 2015, 11:00:52 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 03, 2015, 08:25:17 PM
Oh she and her party will appeal to the 'right on' liberal pc brigade!!
Since the demise of the democratic left and the pd's then the greens they have no 'cool' party with which to shite talk and pontificate

What are you smoking Lynchboy? Lucinda Creighton appealing to liberals! She comes from the right of Fine Gael, she is hardcore pro life and against Gay marriage. She will appeal to the holy Joes that vote Fine Gael.

Hobbs is a populist, he is supposed to be the show biz side to this party. What he stands for I have no idea.

Oh that has all changed............

Turning to the upcoming same-sex marriage referendum, Ms Creighton confirmed she would be in favour of a Yes vote. "I think it is hugely important for gay people. Maybe I didn't appreciate that before," she said.
She said her view had changed recently "because so many people I know have actually gotten married, gay couples, or intend to, of course your personal contact and your personal experience will always inform your decisions". However, she said she would not campaign in the referendum.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/lucinda-creighton-seeking-1m-for-new-party-1.2053442
Gay marriage  made it onto the front page of the RTE Guide. Resistance  is futile. Fortress Abortion might hold out for another decade.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 04, 2015, 03:57:59 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 03, 2015, 11:00:12 PM
So boring and unimaginative - exactly what I would expect from Cretin. Like a child screaming, begging for attention. The country needs new parties but more importantly new thinking. This is just rubbish.

I agree. Lynchboy and his ilk trotting out clichés about the "liberal PC brigade," as if that legitimises their arguments, is a bit tiresome.
Well go have a lie down poor pet!!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: seafoid on January 04, 2015, 08:18:38 AM
Since the demise of the democratic left and the pd's then the greens they have no 'cool' party with which to shite talk and pontificate

What are you smoking Lynchboy? Lucinda Creighton appealing to liberals! She comes from the right of Fine Gael, she is hardcore pro life and against Gay marriage. She will appeal to the holy Joes that vote Fine Gael.

Hobbs is a populist, he is supposed to be the show biz side to this party. What he stands for I have no idea.

Turning to the upcoming same-sex marriage referendum, Ms Creighton confirmed she would be in favour of a Yes vote. "I think it is hugely important for gay people. Maybe I didn't appreciate that before," she said.
She said her view had changed recently "because so many people I know have actually gotten married, gay couples, or intend to, of course your personal contact and your personal experience will always inform your decisions". However, she said she would not campaign in the referendum.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/lucinda-creighton-seeking-1m-for-new-party-1.2053442
Gay marriage  made it onto the front page of the RTE Guide. Resistance  is futile. Fortress Abortion might hold out for another decade.
I'd have thought abortion for medical reasons at least was more urgent?

But the next step after gay marriage ( i actually have no real care about it either way) will be lobbying to have gay marriages accepted in churches.
I'm not sure - but isn't there a case somewhere that has a case against some church that is lobbying to make/enable it to hold same sex marriage ceremonies?
Under anti discrimination laws I think - prob USA.
Or maybe it was just the potential of challenging for this I heard. Anyone come across this?

Sidney

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 04, 2015, 11:53:34 AM
So boring and unimaginative - exactly what I would expect from Cretin. Like a child screaming, begging for attention. The country needs new parties but more importantly new thinking. This is just rubbish.

I agree. Lynchboy and his ilk trotting out clichés about the "liberal PC brigade," as if that legitimises their arguments, is a bit tiresome.
Political correctness truly is one of the evils of our time. I so miss the times when we could go around calling black people "niggers", when women knew their place, and queers didn't exist.

We need to do away with this PC madness and employ some good old fashioned common sense.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Sidney on January 04, 2015, 12:20:37 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 04, 2015, 11:53:34 AM

Political correctness truly is one of the evils of our time. I so miss the times when we could go around calling black people "niggers", when women knew their place, and queers didn't exist.

We need to do away with this PC madness and employ some good old fashioned common sense.
I have to say I wouldn't agree with your ideals there.
That's just impolite and lacking manners!

Denn Forever

QuoteI agree. Lynchboy and his ilk trotting out clichés about the "liberal PC brigade," as if that legitimises their arguments, is a bit tiresome.

This is the first time I've heard of someone my age being a member of an "ilk".  Getting old I suppose.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Lar Naparka

Nah, I don't think you'll find too many liberal lefties will be wearing Lucinda's colours when the next election comes around.
Her policies are more right wing than Oliver Cromwell's. I guess she'll be looking to the middle-classes who got hit by the austerity policies more than any other income group. The left wing of Irish politics is pretty crowded at present and the Big Three, or what will be left of them, occupy the middle ground.

I think FF and FG would do some sort of Pact if the numbers work out after the next GE, rather than letting the Shinners get within an ass's roar of power.
I honestly don't think Enda or Michéal will be too worried about Lucinda or what she gets up to. I mean she's looking for a million euro but how many would be prepared to invest money in a party that as yet has no name, no policies and there's no indication who the candidates are going to be.
To cap it all, it will be another 8 weeks before Lucy decides whether to launch her proposed new party or not.

I don't think she has a chance in hell of getting her new party off the ground.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

lynchbhoy

Think you lads don't realise Irish liberals are actually fairly close to the centre!
There's no real left and don't say sf. Joe Higgins talks a good game.

You are spot in though on two things - Lucinda wants to capture middle class vote
Plus (as I said about this being akin to dl, pd's etc) this party won't last too long , even if it gets off the ground.

Get a few seats ( Lucinda) and fg will forgive her, take her back in and award her with cabinet position

macdanger2

Personally I don't think this new party will appeal to me but at least they're making an effort to do something instead of just whinging

Syferus

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 04, 2015, 11:58:27 AM
Quote from: seafoid on January 04, 2015, 08:18:38 AM

I'd have thought abortion for medical reasons at least was more urgent?

But the next step after gay marriage ( i actually have no real care about it either way) will be lobbying to have gay marriages accepted in churches.
I'm not sure - but isn't there a case somewhere that has a case against some church that is lobbying to make/enable it to hold same sex marriage ceremonies?
Under anti discrimination laws I think - prob USA.
Or maybe it was just the potential of challenging for this I heard. Anyone come across this?

I really doubt many LGBT people give two fúcks about gay marriage being accepted in churches. That's like tarring every religious person by the actions of the lunatic fringe.

deiseach

Quote from: macdanger2 on January 05, 2015, 10:25:58 AM
Personally I don't think this new party will appeal to me but at least they're making an effort to do something instead of just whinging

True enough. Fintan O'Toole talked the talk before the last election.

Canalman

If (and I am only assuming) this party opposes the same sex marriage referendum then it will get no end of publicity and airtime being the only party (afaik) opposing it. Will impress a fairly largeish wing of FG. Very smart timing if that is the case.

Even if it gets a smallish % of the vote it could harm FG no end just like the Hunger Strike candidates did to CJH all those years denying him a win in a GE.

Syferus

Quote from: Canalman on January 05, 2015, 11:01:08 AM
If (and I am only assuming) this party opposes the same sex marriage referendum then it will get no end of publicity and airtime being the only party (afaik) opposing it. Will impress a fairly largeish wing of FG. Very smart timing if that is the case.

Even if it gets a smallish % of the vote it could harm FG no end just like the Hunger Strike candidates did to CJH all those years denying him a win in a GE.

You'd want to read the thread more carefully Canalman..

Canalman

Quote from: Syferus on January 05, 2015, 11:53:02 AM
Quote from: Canalman on January 05, 2015, 11:01:08 AM

You'd want to read the thread more carefully Canalman..

Call me an old fuddy duddy but I tend to try and not to blindly believe everything posted on the internet. In the absence of any other info ( with all due respect to fellow posters ) I prefer to assume.

AZOffaly

It's the Irish Times interview. Not fellow posters. She clearly says she's voting Yes to Gay Marriage.