Taggart Brothers Vs Ulster Bank court case

Started by God14, December 16, 2014, 01:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Quote from: bannside on December 21, 2014, 05:36:08 PM
It's the previous friends, neighbours and people who vested their trust in the Taggarts that I'm talking about. And there are many in this bracket alone who got badly stung.

Now shit happens in business, and company law protects the protagonists in this type of instance, but let's suppose the Taggarts get a result here that leaves them flush again.

I'd say they wouldn't last long in the community they come from IF they don't make some type of arrangement or gesture of goodwill.

If they were to adopt an "I'm ok Jack, tough shit about you" attitude - well I wouldn't fancy their quality of life let's put it that way. There is company law and there's another unwritten law that says you don't pish on those around you and expect to get away with it.
+1

oakleafgael

Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 21, 2014, 12:06:45 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on December 21, 2014, 11:27:43 AM
When they were worth an absolute fortune, many of those who bought houses and worked through them were ignored time and time again with a plethora of issues / complaints. You think they will gain a conscious now IF they fluke a few mil from the Ulster Bank.....2 hopes
You could be somewhat right and entitled to your opinion.
But it does not tackle that they are under pressure in their community to address the issue of men losing out on wages. I wouldn't expect back payment ( not yet and maybe not ever) but they would be seen to be trying to make amends if they went to re-hire those workmen that lost out.

No chance of those that bought houses being recompensed. Not sure how you thought I was advocating a 'brewsters millions' type of splurge !

They didn't give a fiddlers f**k for the subbies who worked for them when they making their money so where do you think this sense of loyalty is going to surface from?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: oakleafgael on December 21, 2014, 08:55:54 PM
When they were worth an absolute fortune, many of those who bought houses and worked through them were ignored time and time again with a plethora of issues / complaints. You think they will gain a conscious now IF they fluke a few mil from the Ulster Bank.....2 hopes
But it does not tackle that they are under pressure in their community to address the issue of men losing out on wages. I wouldn't expect back payment ( not yet and maybe not ever) but they would be seen to be trying to make amends if they went to re-hire those workmen that lost out.

No chance of those that bought houses being recompensed. Not sure how you thought I was advocating a 'brewsters millions' type of splurge !

They didn't give a fiddlers f**k for the subbies who worked for them when they making their money so where do you think this sense of loyalty is going to surface from?
Community /peer pressure that will manifest itself from within their own family members.

You obv don't understand what Bannside or myself are getting at here.

cockahoop

Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 22, 2014, 04:41:43 PM

Community /peer pressure that will manifest itself from within their own family members.

Lynchbhoy you obviously dont know john and michael taggart too well,michael especially,there is no chance in hell they would pay any money back to the subbies they bust no matter WHO they are ;)

Bingo

Not in a million years. The only thing certain with guys like these is that they'd do it all again if they could.

oakleafgael

I know exactly what Bannside and yourself are getting at but your so far off the reality of what type of people those two c***ts are.

bannside

Reading between the lines some of the poster's here have a fairly personal knowledge of the Taggarts and the type of people they are. And the consensus amongst them is not favourable towards the  brothers.

I understand that. A fall from grace of their scale has a lot of ripple, knock on effects. Many people were badly stung.

Pattons are an example of a firm who callously rode rough shod over hundreds of subbies, and showed little or no remorse whilst padding their own soft landing - I was thinking the Taggarts (being of a small tight knit country parish) might (just possibly) be made of better stuff. And whilst the odds may be stacked against same, I am known for looking at the best traits in people.

If I thought they would be magnanimous, graceful and charitable in their attitude towards those who suffered most in their demise, I would be rooting for them getting a positive result. If I thought they would show no remorse or goodwill towards making good (to some pro rata degree ) I would hope they don't receive a crumb.

What goes around comes around, as they say!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: oakleafgael on December 22, 2014, 07:59:14 PM

I know exactly what Bannside and yourself are getting at but your so far off the reality of what type of people those two c***ts are.
Not sure you do to be honest

Maybe so
But the rest of their family mightn't be

And it's nothing to do with paying back what's owed - that's not what I'm saying!
That won't and prob can't happen!

JoG2

Like a phoenix from the flames. The brothers have built a big housing development in Limavady and have bought the land and laid the plans for 200 more luxury houses in Culmore. As well as this, they have purchased the Clarendon bar and license. A good friend of mine was speaking to a subbie yesterday who has just been fcuked over for £6k. He was initially being paid weekly, this was pushed to fortnightly, eventually monthly. Low and behold, a couple of months passed, no payment and the subbie wont be getting paid as the work is 'not up to scratch'. There is another subbie (that we know of )in the same boat. Builders and tradesmen are that desperate for work that they are gambling by working for these ar$eholes, and are losing again! Maddening

Franko

What's the story with the court case?  Has it been settled?  It's all gone very quiet in that regard.

The Subbie

Quote from: JoG2 on December 01, 2015, 10:59:43 AM
Like a phoenix from the flames. The brothers have built a big housing development in Limavady and have bought the land and laid the plans for 200 more luxury houses in Culmore. As well as this, they have purchased the Clarendon bar and license. A good friend of mine was speaking to a subbie yesterday who has just been fcuked over for £6k. He was initially being paid weekly, this was pushed to fortnightly, eventually monthly. Low and behold, a couple of months passed, no payment and the subbie wont be getting paid as the work is 'not up to scratch'. There is another subbie (that we know of )in the same boat. Builders and tradesmen are that desperate for work that they are gambling by working for these ar$eholes, and are losing again! Maddening

Hearing shite like this is going on makes me wonder why there was never a security of payments act brought in North or South.
That would soon sort out shite like this.
Most contracts allow for disputes over workmanship etc but blatantly financially out muscling a subbie for your own gain is an absolute f**king tramps act.

Hereiam

Unfortunately it is common practice up here. Contractors will always see their own ends are sorted before any subbies are paid in full.

God14

I see the court case came to its inevitable conclusion yesterday. ulster Bank victorious. They can now enforce personal guarantees to the tune of £5M each.
Court fees alone would be huge.

stew

Quote from: God14 on December 12, 2015, 03:34:13 PM
I see the court case came to its inevitable conclusion yesterday. ulster Bank victorious. They can now enforce personal guarantees to the tune of £5M each.

I am delighted the Bank won, these bastards need locked up and it is such a shame that the subbies get fecked.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

JoG2

Quote from: stew on December 12, 2015, 04:14:58 PM
Quote from: God14 on December 12, 2015, 03:34:13 PM

I am delighted the Bank won, these b**tards need locked up and it is such a shame that the subbies get fecked.

+1 . The 'subbie killers' brought down a peg or 2. The unscrupulous hooers are being bankrolled by a very wealthy family in the north-west. Id say all monies hit the investors accounts first before the Taggarts get their cut !