Aaron Kernan Retires From County Duty

Started by stpauls, October 07, 2014, 05:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffleKing

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 14, 2014, 11:13:54 AM
I stated 3-4 weeks ago that this was happening on another thread and I was told it wasn't happening. Nonsense isn't the word for it and it is taking an amateur sport to a complete ridiculous level.

It isn't. That report is flat out wrong. You should be able to check easy enough bc

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on December 14, 2014, 07:14:28 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 14, 2014, 04:29:45 PM
Cracking stylish player and seemed to be the type of person who looked after himself properly both on the pitch and off it, massive loss for Armagh and massive boost for Cross, watched him against us twice in the Ulster club games and by feck did he grab the game by the scruff when it was needed..... fecker
You just getting around to Aaron Kernan's retirement now?

Didn't realise, did he retire last year?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: DuffleKing on December 14, 2014, 05:19:49 PM
I stated 3-4 weeks ago that this was happening on another thread and I was told it wasn't happening. Nonsense isn't the word for it and it is taking an amateur sport to a complete ridiculous level.

It isn't. That report is flat out wrong. You should be able to check easy enough bc

I have and what I have been told is exactly what is reported.

DuffleKing

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 14, 2014, 07:23:58 PM

Someone somewhere in the communication chain is confused so.  They are training 4 times a week, three of those in the evening and none in the morning. These stories are very odd.

LCohen

Quote from: DuffleKing on December 14, 2014, 08:42:47 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 14, 2014, 07:23:58 PM

Someone somewhere in the communication chain is confused so.  They are training 4 times a week, three of those in the evening and none in the morning. These stories are very odd.

I saw 4 players in Lurgan at 6.45 in the morning and they were heading to training in Armagh. For your version of the regime to be true they must have been thumbing and pessismistic of their chances.

DuffleKing

LCohen

Quote from: DuffleKing on December 14, 2014, 08:52:11 PM

Lol.

What day of the week?

Think it was a friday (can't be sure)

But as you say there is no truth that they are training any morning so they must have been thumbing or you are your supply chain of info is "confused"

DuffleKing

Had to check... They can pick their start time two days according to my chain (I doubt he's spoofing but it's possible). They're start time can be morning afternoon or evening depending on what suits them. The chain I know only goes evenings so I hadn't a breeze he could be going morning's instead

LCohen

Quote from: DuffleKing on December 14, 2014, 09:04:38 PM

Had to check... They can pick their start time two days according to my chain (I doubt he's spoofing but it's possible). They're start time can be morning afternoon or evening depending on what suits them. The chain I know only goes evenings so I hadn't a breeze he could be going morning's instead

Yeah they said it was a drop in centre "whatever suits you" sort of arrangement the Geezer was running.

It seems its the people who posted that there are NO morning sessions that are the ones posting lies. Funny that was my suspicion from the off

DuffleKing

Hardly lies now - wasn't aware. Having the flexibility to do your gym session whenever it suits across the day seems a far cry from the picture painted in the Irish news that they've to be in Armagh three days a week at 6.30 in the morning followed by evening sessions.

yellowcard

Surprise surprise another bullshit Irish News story about Armagh. They are training 4 times a week and one pitch session at weekends. To listen to that Irish News article you would think they were robots training twice a day.

BennyHarp

So have I got this right? Armagh have 2 scheduled training sessions per week and the players are asked to go to the gym twice as well, at a time of their choosing - seems fairly reasonable to me.
That was never a square ball!!

rrhf

It's getting thick... this Armagh v the Irish news fallout. Mc keever wasn't even allowed to wear an armagh jersey at a recent mc Kenna cup launch.

rosnarun

one big difference is that the 'Elite' Atheles from triathalon and marathon running really are the elite and are very small in number would there be 10 elite marathing runners in the country? where are there are between men's and women's football Hurling and camogie probably 3000  Elite GAA players .
Thaey are not all going to be as dedicated as the handful of Triatheles and marathon runners we produce ,( and at the moment Fiona Brittion is probaly the only Truly elite runner we have anyway)
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

imtommygunn

Yeah but there are many non "elite" runners etc who train twice a day quite regularly.

Triathletes have to train for three disciplines so 2 sessions a day isn't enough.

The difference is though triathletes and athletes are quite individual and generally train when suits them.

GAA players don't get that. I guess it's team v individual thing.