Donegal v Armagh Championship game

Started by MrC, April 18, 2007, 10:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

FFs armagh's wides are desperate.

If Donegal stop trying to hand pass it down the field we could be in trouble. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tyrones own

Could some of you throw an odd update on here as i can't get any of my Radio links to work :(
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

pintsofguinness

2 - 2 with 22 minutes gone

3 - 2 with 23 minutes McFadden free

Armagh were on top for the first ten or 15 minutes but had some desperate wides.  Donegal were trying to handpass the ball down the field and were being smothered.  They seem to have stopped that now.

4 - 2 another mcfadden free

4 - 3 Mcconville free

4 - 4 Mcdonnell

5 - 4 Toye

Half time

To be honest, they look like two poor teams.  Armagh look better but aren't taking their chances, Donegal are. 

Tyrones own

- Walter Lippmann

J70

5-4 half time. Armagh will be very disappointed with some of their wides. Campbell and Lacey are doing well on their men, but McDonnell and McConville have a lot of space to operate in at their end of the field and could create a goal chance or two. They definitely miss Clarke in that respect, as he would be doing better on the high balls. Donegal need to start moving it a bit quicker and stop trying to drive through the middle all the time.

magpie seanie

Agree with the half time views. Armagh better so far but have wasted chances. Still look more likely to get a goal and that could be key. Donegal will be able to deliver a bit longer with the wind.

Bannon is brutal. What about the free "where the all lands" that rolled 30 yards and was taken from there!

pintsofguinness

5 - 5 marsden

GOOOAAAAAALLLL  McConville

0-5 - 1-5

0-6 to 1-5 - mcfadden free

0-6 to 1-6 - stephen kernan - first thing he done

0-6 to 1-7 - Geezer

Roper off Sweeney on

0-7 to 1-7 McFadden Free

Hegarty off Devenny on

0-7 to 1-8 McDonnell
58 minutes gone

0-8 to 1-8 - Sweeney

M O'Rourke off  Mal Mackin on - God Help us.
I can only assume O'Rourke is injured.

0-9 to 1-8 McFadden Free
64 minutes

Bonner off McMenamin on

Goal - Cassidy from high ball in - through hearty's hands  (Actually Devenny's goal - cassidy didn't touch it)
FOR f**k SAKE!!

1-9 to 1-8
69 minutes - 3 minutes injury time

It's over.  ::)

Mayo4Sam

Armagh out, hope we get them in the qualifiers
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

joemamas

what are you smoking.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Poor game but at the same time always interesting. I thought Donegal were very lucky to win that, Armagh looked more likely all through the second half and was it not for a terrible mistake by Hearty they would have got the win. What were Donegal thinking kicking possesion twice near the end of injury time as well...they could do with getting a bit more cute! Armagh looked strong for most of that game and if they can get a few games in the qualifiers and get some momentum they might well take some stopping later in the summer....cant believe a Mayo fan wants to take them on ??? Donegal will be looking to improve on that performance I think.

J70

Better team lost. We definitely got out of jail, but we played shite and stayed with Armagh to give ourselves the chance. We'll need a lot more going forward the next day.

Tyrones own

Be carefull what you wish for, Mayo weren't exactly world beaters last weekend ;)

Hard luck Lads, had them on the ropes. McFadden is usually good for one game in the championship
and it wasn't today, guess what that means :(
  - Walter Lippmann

Over the Bar

Two words sum it up.

DODGY KEEPER!!  ;D :D

Would have preferred to play Armagh tho as Tyrone v Armagh always has an added edge.

Pints you need to get out more.  Spending the game on the PC while your team is playin.  ::)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Yep, happier to have Donegal on those displays -- very lucky to come away with a win there, still they all count, and congrats to them.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

The Claw

Raging, I had Armagh at 3/1 to win on live bet on PP. :(