Anti Catholicism prevalent in Ireland,but...

Started by T Fearon, October 01, 2014, 04:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myles Na G.

Quote from: T Fearon on October 04, 2014, 05:32:45 PM
Surely the bible makes it very clear."The Angel of The Lord declared on Mary and she conceived by the Holy Ghost"
And that has nothing at all to do with the Immaculate Conception. You do know that, don't you?

Itchy

Quote from: Myles Na G. on October 04, 2014, 07:34:12 PM
Surely the bible makes it very clear."The Angel of The Lord declared on Mary and she conceived by the Holy Ghost"
And that has nothing at all to do with the Immaculate Conception. You do know that, don't you?

I'd say Tony is doing a Google search at this very moment

muppet

The question I asked was did Jesus ever refer to it?
MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

Quote from: muppet on October 04, 2014, 08:17:34 PM

Do you discuss your mother's means of procreation in public?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

muppet

Quote from: armaghniac on October 04, 2014, 08:25:01 PM

Is that a no?

MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

Who knows if he ever referred to it or not,it is not recorded whether he did or not.In any event the immaculate conception is not important in the grand scheme of things, belief and acceptance of God and an appropriate lifestyle based on this,is.

lynchbhoy

He never said it to me !!

LCohen

Who indeed could argue with such a clear statement.

Just to be clear - are you saying that it says it in the bible and independent of this you believe it to be true (If so please explain why) or are you saying that it says so in the bible and that in itself means that it is true and no other evidence is required??

LCohen

Quote from: armaghniac on October 04, 2014, 08:25:01 PM

Jesus would not have needed to her to mention it. As a 33.33% equal partner in God Inc he would have known anyway and therefore he could have mentioned it.

T Fearon

I believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God and it's narrative on the life of Christ from conception to resurrection,to be true.

LCohen

Quote from: T Fearon on October 05, 2014, 07:52:02 AM
I believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God and it's narrative on the life of Christ from conception to resurrection,to be true.

So when the bible says completely contradictory things (which it does) you believe this shambles to be inspired by god? Why?

And when the bible proposes the actions that are moraly horrific (which inter alia it does) you also believe these disgusting acts are inspired by god? Why?

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

T Fearon

I think the Bible is susceptible to misinterpretation but the core key messages are clear.

LCohen

Quote from: T Fearon on October 05, 2014, 11:15:43 AM
I think the Bible is susceptible to misinterpretation but the core key messages are clear.

I would have thought that murder, rape, family, racial equality etc were all key messages. How can you honestly say that the bible is clear on any of these?

muppet

Don't get me wrong. The Bible is a great book and a great insight into some fascinating lives and ideas.

But it shouldn't all be taken as absolute truth.
MWWSI 2017