Anti Catholicism prevalent in Ireland,but...

Started by T Fearon, October 01, 2014, 04:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

The Sacristan of the Dominican Church in Drogheda is currently on tenth day of a hunger strike against thr Order's decision to close the church in that locality.He claims that the church is drawing capacity congregations on Saturday evenings and ever increasing numbers to Sunday masses.Obviously hoping for a favourable outcome here but amid all the depressing anti catholic and theophobic statements,not least on this board,it is heartwarming to see people prepared to make great sacrifices for the faith.

guy crouchback

T Fearon

View Profile
        Personal Message (Online)

Re: Sean Brady Steps Down
« Reply #688 on: Today at 10:57:09 AM »

Insubordination and dissent is not good for any organisation.The last time this happened on a major basis in Catholic Church protestantism resulted.The decisions of the hierarchy must be obeyed without question as they are divinely informed at all times.

this is your take on internal dissent from this morning.

muppet

Quotewe weren't consulted about the closure, I don't know if other churches were, we just got the diktat

Tony, I thought you were a big fan of diktat within the Church?
MWWSI 2017

Franko

Quote from: guy crouchback on October 01, 2014, 04:53:15 PM
T Fearon

View Profile
        Personal Message (Online)

Re: Sean Brady Steps Down
« Reply #688 on: Today at 10:57:09 AM »

Insubordination and dissent is not good for any organisation.The last time this happened on a major basis in Catholic Church protestantism resulted.The decisions of the hierarchy must be obeyed without question as they are divinely informed at all times.

this is your take on internal dissent from this morning.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

T Fearon

I admire the commitment of the sacristan and the faith that inspires it,also he is not in defiance

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on October 01, 2014, 05:51:23 PM
I admire the commitment of the sacristan and the faith that inspires it,also he is not in defiance

He is on hunger strike Tony.

If that is not defiance then I don't know what is.
MWWSI 2017

Itchy

I still can't decide is Tony Fearon the biggest idiot ive ever come across or the greatest internet wind up merchant the world has ever known. Probably the former!

AhNowRef

Quote from: Itchy on October 01, 2014, 06:39:05 PM
I still can't decide is Tony Fearon the biggest idiot ive ever come across or the greatest internet wind up merchant the world has ever known. Probably the former!

Ive been wondering that myself ... and it does seem like the former except it would be a slur on all idiots as most of them don't harbor dangerous and hideous views like the aforementioned creature!!

Eamonnca1

He has been known to grace the letters page of the Belfast Telegraph with his presence. Much as I'd like him to be a fictitious persona invented for entertainment purposes, I suspect he might be the real deal.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: hardstation on October 01, 2014, 09:27:06 PM
I met him once. He wasn't a nutcase. Indeed, he was actually dead on.

Got his autograph.
I'd say he's sounder than he makes out to be on this. His facebook (am friends with a few from here) certainly doesn't make him out to be a nutter like he's made out by all and sundry here to be.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 01, 2014, 09:31:36 PM

Got his autograph.
I'd say he's sounder than he makes out to be on this. His facebook (am friends with a few from here) certainly doesn't make him out to be a nutter like he's made out by all and sundry here to be.
People can behave very differently online compared to face to face. Mike Sheehy may well be sound if you meet him in real life.
Fearon has something that makes him find taking the piss very amusing and he doesn't really know where to draw the line. Ask the Liverpool fans. 
It's probably studied in university departments, whatever it is.

muppet

Got his autograph.

As his advisor I must inform you that it was merely a note and was reported accurately to his superior.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

I would appreciate not being posted about as if I'm not here

Myles Na G.

Eamonnca1

Oh I'm sure he' a harmless oul divil in person.  When you go into certain forums where there's a certain topic that usually gets discussed, someone's going to pipe up his views on that one subject but that's only a small percentage of what they're about. Plus there's the keyboard attitude v face-to-face attitude which are always going to be different. There's a newspaper comments section that I often go onto to give out about motorists every time they give out about cyclists, just to stir it up a bit and for slagging purposes. To see my persona there you'd think I'm a bit of a lunatic too.