Connacht Club SFC,IFC and JFC 2014

Started by Collie Brolly, September 30, 2014, 12:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: galwayman on October 27, 2014, 04:19:58 PM
I'd expect Corofin to have too much for Aughawillan.
Ballintubber or Brigids would be a big test for them then.

It's hard to know how much (if at all) Corofin have improved since last year but I guess we will find out over the next few weeks.
They're a very good side but I don't think there's an All Ireland in them.
I personally think in a tight game against one of the other top sides in the country - they lack a bit of quality up front.Lundy and Sice are top class but I wouldn't class any of their inside forwards in the same bracket.
That could be their undoing I fear.

Are they still frothing at the mouth to play Brigids? They'd have to cross the border for the final again if that's the final we end up with..

revsperminute

Connacht Senior Football Club Championship
Quarter Final (26/10/14)
Tubbercurry (Sligo) 0-13 Aughawillan (Leitrim) 2-12

Semi Final (09/11/14)
Ballintubber (Mayo) -v- St. Bridgets (Roscommon)
Aughawillan (Leitrim) -v- Corofin (Galway)

Final (23/11/14)

Connacht Intermediate Football Club Championship
Quarter Final (19/10/14)
Dromahair (Leitrim) 0-06 v Ballyhanuis (Mayo) 3-13

Semi Final (02/11/14)
Calry/St Joseph's (Sligo)} -v- Killanin (Galway)
Ballyhanuis (Mayo)  -v- St. Croans (Roscommon)

Final (16/11/14)

Connacht Junior Football Club Championship
Semi Final (19/10/14)
Owenmore Gaels (Sligo) 0-06 v Arann Islands (Galway) 4-18

Semi Final (02/11/14)
Achill Island (Mayo) -v- Michael Glaveys (Roscommon)

Final (16/11/14)
Semi Final Winners -v- Arann Islands (Galway)

Connacht Intermediate Hurling Club Championship
Semi Final (27/10/14)
Ballyhanuis (Mayo) 2-10 Four Roads (Roscommon) 1-10

Final (09/11/14)
Ballyhanuis (Mayo) -v-  [Cappataggle or Ahascragh (Galway)]

Connacht Junior Hurling Club Championship
Semi Final (27/10/14)
Calry/St. Josephs (Sligo) 1-09 -v- Carrick (Leitrim) 0-08

Final (08/11/14)
Calry/St. Josephs (Sligo) -v- [Ballygar -v- Annaghdown (Galway)]

GalwayBayBoy

Connacht IFC semi-final

Killanin 5-17 Calry/St Joseph's 0-6

maigheo

GalwayBayBoy

Connacht JFC semi-final

Achill Island 1-16 Michael Glaveys 1-14

Aran Islands v Achill Island in the final

manfromdelmonte

Surely that has to be played on a neutral island?

Syferus

Michael Glavey's 1-14 Achill 1-16 AET.

Heroic defeats have been a bit of a theme for Roscommon teams this year and this was another. But for a bobbled 45, but for a missed free with the last kick of regular time, this would have been Glavey's day. But it wasn't and Achill won an incredible game of football. Their number 9 was unmarkable in extra-time and pulled Achill to a four point lead in the second half of extra-time and yet Glavey's still dug deep and brought it back to a one point game before the end.

Hard to fathom emotions after a game like that. The Glavey's team did their club and county proud today; the step up to Inter should be within their reach.

twohands!!!

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on November 02, 2014, 04:09:02 PM
Surely that has to be played on a neutral island?

Get a big feckoff oil tanker and have the game played on that midway between the 2 islands.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Syferus on November 02, 2014, 04:19:29 PM

Heroic defeats have been a bit of a theme for Roscommon teams this year and this was another. But for a bobbled 45, but for a missed free with the last kick of regular time, this would have been Glavey's day. But it wasn't and Achill won an incredible game of football. Their number 9 was unmarkable in extra-time and pulled Achill to a four point lead in the second half of extra-time and yet Glavey's still dug deep and brought it back to a one point game before the end.

Hard to fathom emotions after a game like that. The Glavey's team did their club and county proud today; the step up to Inter should be within their reach.

Congrats to Achill. Hard luck to Ballyhaunis though. Croans were far better I believe.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 02, 2014, 09:18:08 PM
Quote from: Syferus on November 02, 2014, 04:19:29 PM

Congrats to Achill. Hard luck to Ballyhaunis though. Croans were far better I believe.

Croans are managed by young David Casey, the former Ros county player. I'll always remember his dedication to the jersey, his two knees were completely frigged but he still dragged us to the Connnacht title back in 2010.

He on Nigel Dineen's U21 management team in recent years, this is his first venture into the big job. Really has Croans humming - they hammered a Tulsk team that only lost last year's Ros Inter final by a point or two by a large margin in this year's decider. Hopefully they'll give the Connacht final a good rattle.

revsperminute

Connacht Senior Football Club Championship
Quarter Final (26/10/14)
Tubbercurry (Sligo) 0-13 Aughawillan (Leitrim) 2-12

Semi Final (09/11/14)
Ballintubber (Mayo) -v- St. Bridgets (Roscommon)
Aughawillan (Leitrim) -v- Corofin (Galway)

Final (23/11/14)

Connacht Intermediate Football Club Championship
Quarter Final (19/10/14)
Dromahair (Leitrim) 0-06 Ballyhanuis (Mayo) 3-13

Semi Final (02/11/14)
Calry/St Joseph's (Sligo) 0-06 Killanin (Galway) 5-17
Ballyhanuis (Mayo) 0-05 St. Croans (Roscommon) 1-14

Final (16/11/14)
St. Croans (Roscommon) -v- Killanin (Galway)

Connacht Junior Football Club Championship
Semi Final (19/10/14)
Owenmore Gaels (Sligo) 0-06 Arann Islands (Galway) 4-18

Semi Final (02/11/14)
Achill Island (Mayo) 1-16 Michael Glaveys (Roscommon) 1-14 AET

Final (16/11/14)
Achill Island (Mayo) -v- Arann Islands (Galway)

Connacht Intermediate Hurling Club Championship
Semi Final (27/10/14)
Ballyhanuis (Mayo) 2-10 Four Roads (Roscommon) 1-10

Final (09/11/14)
Ballyhanuis (Mayo) -v-  [Cappataggle or Ahascragh (Galway)]
Galway Intermediate final was a draw replay next Saturday, Will the game against Ballyhanuis still go ahead on the sunday?

Connacht Junior Hurling Club Championship
Semi Final (27/10/14)
Calry/St. Josephs (Sligo) 1-09 -v- Carrick (Leitrim) 0-08

Final (08/11/14)
Calry/St. Josephs (Sligo) -v- Annaghdown (Galway)

GalwayBayBoy

The junior final is getting a lot of play in the media. Will be a big crowd at it I'd say.

Islanders to meet in novel Connacht club JFC final

03 November 2014

The Island men of Aran and Achill will face off in a truly unique Connacht club JFC final on Sunday week, November 16.

In the semi-finals, Aran Islands of Galway cruised to a 4-18 to 0-6 victory over Sligo's Owenmore Gaels at Markievicz Park, while Mayo representatives Achill Island defeated Roscommon's Michael Glavey's by 1-16 to 1-14 after extra-time in Elvery's MacHale Park yesterday.

While the final is set to take place on the mainland, Achill Island corner back Colm Cafferkey has joked that it could be played on one of the islands off the West coast.

"It might be Inishbofin and they've a good pitch in Inishturk as well," he remarked in the Western People.

"This is a novel final. We've seen them (Aran) in the Comortas Peil and we've played against them in Sevens tournaments and they're a serious outfit. We know how hard they work to keep football alive on the islands – we know how hard it is for us and we've got a bridge.

"We're looking forward to meeting them and we'll be confident and ready for battle."

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/aran-islands-achill-island-1759533-Nov2014/

twohands!!!

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 03, 2014, 03:37:27 PM
The junior final is getting a lot of play in the media. Will be a big crowd at it I'd say.

Islanders to meet in novel Connacht club JFC final

03 November 2014

The Island men of Aran and Achill will face off in a truly unique Connacht club JFC final on Sunday week, November 16.

In the semi-finals, Aran Islands of Galway cruised to a 4-18 to 0-6 victory over Sligo's Owenmore Gaels at Markievicz Park, while Mayo representatives Achill Island defeated Roscommon's Michael Glavey's by 1-16 to 1-14 after extra-time in Elvery's MacHale Park yesterday.

While the final is set to take place on the mainland, Achill Island corner back Colm Cafferkey has joked that it could be played on one of the islands off the West coast.

"It might be Inishbofin and they've a good pitch in Inishturk as well," he remarked in the Western People.

"This is a novel final. We've seen them (Aran) in the Comortas Peil and we've played against them in Sevens tournaments and they're a serious outfit. We know how hard they work to keep football alive on the islands – we know how hard it is for us and we've got a bridge.

"We're looking forward to meeting them and we'll be confident and ready for battle."

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/aran-islands-achill-island-1759533-Nov2014/

Imagine the play it would get if my oil tanker suggestion was acted on.....

sligoman2

So we lost the senior by 5 pts, the intermediate by26 points an the junior by 24 points.  What a shambles.  Dark days for sligo football.

Hopefully calry can do better in the hurling.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.