Connacht Club SFC,IFC and JFC 2014

Started by Collie Brolly, September 30, 2014, 12:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: macdanger2 on November 28, 2014, 05:16:40 PM
Are John Mitchells any good?? Or would Oilean Aran be expected to win this??

I was reading an interview with the Aran manager there today and he said Mitchells are quite a big strong side whereas Aran are more fast and nippy. Seeing them in the Connacht final they are a very pacy skillful team alright but not the biggest physically. He also said they are running on fumes a bit at the moment having been out 12 weekends in a row. I think they got a bit of a hammering from Moycullen last weekend in the league.

tiempo

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 28, 2014, 06:36:31 PM

I was reading an interview with the Aran manager there today and he said Mitchells are quite a big strong side whereas Aran are more fast and nippy. Seeing them in the Connacht final they are a very pacy skillful team alright but not the biggest physically. He also said they are running on fumes a bit at the moment having been out 12 weekends in a row. I think they got a bit of a hammering from Moycullen last weekend in the league.

A junior club team out 12wks in a row cus Mayo got to AI semi final? That is obscene

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: tiempo on November 28, 2014, 06:53:39 PM

A junior club team out 12wks in a row cus Mayo got to AI semi final? That is obscene

And they still have to negotiate a 3 way relegation playoff in the league even after the Mitchells game.

muppet

How did Mayo hold up the Connacht Junior Championship for Aran?
MWWSI 2017

theticklemister

Some amount of Aran Island boys here in Birmingham!

maigheo

Cruel loss for Aran today.It seems there hectic schedule finally caught up with them.

Syferus

Quote from: maigheo on November 30, 2014, 02:06:22 AM
Cruel loss for Aran today.It seems there hectic schedule finally caught up with them.

Or John Mitchells were just a better team. Just as good as an Arann or Achill winning a Connacht title to see an English club win in the AI series.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Syferus on November 30, 2014, 03:09:28 PM
Quote from: maigheo on November 30, 2014, 02:06:22 AM

Or John Mitchells were just a better team. Just as good as an Arann or Achill winning a Connacht title to see an English club win in the AI series.

Aran were goosed physically. Even their manager said as much in the run up to the game but he hoped they would be able to raise it for one more go. In fairness 12 weekends out in a row is insane especially with the extra travel they have to do and they had to get up to play 3 separate finals in recent weeks. They took a hammering in the league last weekend so I think the warning signs were there if you were betting on the game. Might not have won anyway but they probably were a good bit away from their best.

theticklemister

They were 1-10 to 0-03 points down after 20 minutes but pulled it back in second half, as the game wore on they got stronger

criostlinn

What ??????