Sean Brady Has Retired.

Are you glad to see him go?
42 (80.8%)
Are you sad to see him go?
10 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Zip Code

Quote from: T Fearon on September 24, 2014, 06:39:08 AM
He appeared to all the apostles (Tom got quite a shock) and they all witnessed his ascension into heaven.His mother witnessed the crucifixion.

How do you know all this, the bibles will written by people who didn't live in Jesus's time and then took apart and reinvented centuries later, it is for all intentional purposes a fairy story.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: haveaharp on September 24, 2014, 08:17:43 AM
He appeared to all the apostles (Tom got quite a shock) and they all witnessed his ascension into heaven.His mother witnessed the crucifixion.

Jesus wept

So would you!
Hasta la victoria siempre

T Fearon

Like billions of other people I believe this.We can't all be wrong?

haveaharp

Quote from: T Fearon on September 24, 2014, 09:47:51 AM
Like billions of other people I believe this.We can't all be wrong?

There was a time when everyone thought the earth was flat. They couldn't all be wrong could they ?

theskull1

Quote from: Zip Code on September 24, 2014, 08:41:13 AM

How do you know all this, the bibles will written by people who didn't live in Jesus's time and then took apart and reinvented centuries later, it is for all intentional purposes a fairy story.

Remembering how important religion and its rules were to the controlling power structures throughout the centuries.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

T Fearon

Here we go again,trying to apply reason and logic to faith matters ::)

Zip Code

Quote from: T Fearon on September 24, 2014, 09:53:21 AM
Here we go again,trying to apply reason and logic to faith matters ::)

But it's not faith, you say the bible is evidence, but it was written by people who never met Jesus. 

Main Street

Poking holes in religious text does provide hours of entertainment, however, regardless  that what the bible says, or the koran, or Judaism says, can't be defended on rational or empirical grounds, none of that debunking process disproves a belief in God.
it's a form of cultural arrogance for all these new atheists (all of them westerners)  to then make a claim that God doesn't exist  because the main religions have irrational belief systems. The irrational nature of those belief system does not refute a belief in God.
To believe that material science can answer all the unanswered questions regarding the universe is a type of faith that is essentially religious in nature. It is merely belief, not science but scientism.
The atheist will look at the universe and see no proof of God's existence and the spiritualist will look at the same universe and see everything as proof of God's existence.

Zip Code

Quote from: Main Street on September 24, 2014, 11:13:49 AM
Poking holes in religious text does provide hours of entertainment, however, regardless  that what the bible says, or the koran, or Judaism says, can't be defended on rational or empirical grounds, none of that debunking process disproves a belief in God.
it's a form of cultural arrogance for all these new atheists (all of them westerners)  to then make a claim that God doesn't exist  because the main religions have irrational belief systems. The irrational nature of those belief system does not refute a belief in God.
To believe that material science can answer all the unanswered questions regarding the universe is a type of faith that is essentially religious in nature. It is merely belief, not science but scientism.
The atheist will look at the universe and see no proof of God's existence and the spiritualist will look at the same universe and see everything as proof of God's existence.

It is great that of the 6 billion people currently residing on our planet, you know only westerners question the existence of god.  If that is the case, which you seem to know for certain, why do you think that is, maybe because westerners can question the state view of god without fear of beheading, stoning, exile, family being tortured etc.   

T Fearon

Generally no argument here is going to convert people here to or from religious belief.The issue on this thread now is the inordinately offensive reaction to religious beliefs and believers and the unilateral lack of tolerance demonstrated by non believers for those who do believe.

haveaharp

Quote from: T Fearon on September 24, 2014, 11:39:26 AM
Generally no argument here is going to convert people here to or from religious belief.The issue on this thread now is the inordinately offensive reaction to religious beliefs and believers and the unilateral lack of tolerance demonstrated by non believers for those who do believe.

I didnt see any of the non believers saying that your afterlife was going to be anything other than what it will be. Whereas you said anyone that doesnt follow your god and creed is up the creek without a paddle. Who was being intolerant ?

Zip Code

Quote from: T Fearon on September 24, 2014, 11:39:26 AM

You really do need to google the definition of hypocrisy.  You are allowed to tell everyone they are going to be lost forever for not following some maddy-uppy religion which changes as much as Jordan's breast size but no one is allowed to ask any questions about your beliefs, grow up.

T Fearon

I think you will find i've made my case in a non vitriolic polite manner at all times.

Zip Code

Quote from: T Fearon on September 24, 2014, 12:56:11 PM
I think you will find i've made my case in a non vitriolic polite manner at all times.

So is being polite:

blaming parents for the abuse of their children

blaming abused children for their abuse.

telling people who do not follow your maddy-uppy religion they are lost forever.

I am not really into political correctness
[Mod edit]

T Fearon

Lol, your last post makes my point for me regarding abuse.By the way I dont make the rules God does.