Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

passedit

Quote from: johnneycool on May 25, 2011, 08:33:42 AM
Quote from: amallon on May 24, 2011, 09:12:46 PM
Senior Hurling Championship

Bredagh v Portaferry

To be played in Londonderry Park, Newtownards.

Perfect spot. St Pauls would need a bigger pitch if they're gonna give the hurling a serious go and sure did'nt Offaly have a puck around there one sunday morning. Wee Joe will be on to the council in the morning, I'm sure they'll be only too willing to help.
Don't Panic

outinfront

Any dates for preliminary rounds/round 1 for JFC?

Dates for round 1/2 for ACPR championship?

redandblackareback

Completely agree with MDG, Burren actually get to face a tough task in the first round and we ll really see what sort of a side they are as I felt last year they got a dream run to the final.

Some interesting ties, Rostrevor v Lstone is hard to call, Saval v Clonduff could also go anyway. The rest should go to the favourites, bar Wpoint v Tullylish which could see the Lish sneak through ;-)

This amalgamation thing is a complete joke and will turn out to be a cake walk for Saval, hope it doesnt become too much of a farce on the night, I can see 15/20 point spread.

Naomh Pol CLG

Quote from: John Martin on May 25, 2011, 09:18:12 AM
Quote from: Lecale2 on May 25, 2011, 07:52:58 AM
Around a Pound JFC
ROUND 1
A Dromara v Aughlisnafinn
B Saul v Ballykinlar
C Bright v Mitchels

ROUND 2
B v Bredagh
St Micheals v Teconnaught
Aghaderg v C
St Pauls v B

Is is what was issued to clubs last night. Which draw is correct? Bredagh or St Paul's must play the winner of A?

Mitchels are down to play Glassdrumman in the IFC so that one must be wrong. There is only 10 teams in the Junior according to Austin last night.

*Edit* Having looked on the down website it appears that St. Johns are down to play Glassdrumman. I assume this is because St. Johns were forgotten about when they made the draw and they are supposed to be in the IFC instead of mitchells meaning the JFC had to be redrawn which is what you have above.

The mistake is unfortunate but there is no harm done really.

No clearer who plays the winner of Saul -v- Ballykinler??  Us or Bredagh, this states we both play the winner whilst Dromara -v- Finn winners dont play in the second round......What a balls up :o

whitegoodman

Quote from: redandblackareback on May 25, 2011, 11:47:10 AM
Completely agree with MDG, Burren actually get to face a tough task in the first round and we ll really see what sort of a side they are as I felt last year they got a dream run to the final.

Some interesting ties, Rostrevor v Lstone is hard to call, Saval v Clonduff could also go anyway. The rest should go to the favourites, bar Wpoint v Tullylish which could see the Lish sneak through ;-)

This amalgamation thing is a complete joke and will turn out to be a cake walk for Saval, hope it doesnt become too much of a farce on the night, I can see 15/20 point spread.

Having beaten mayobridge and ford on the way to the county title and losing by a point to the eventual all ireland winners as well as finishing top of the league, i would suggest it is a bit harsh to say that we dont know what sort of side Burren were last year!!  However as I previously said they dont appear to have the same bite or hunger this year and unless they turn that around I would be going for the ford to win it.

On getting a hard first round draw i think alot of teams would prefer to get a tough first round draw.  I mean would teams not fancy their chances against Kilcoo, bridge, burren or ford in the first round rather than the final.  At least Ford and burren should both be up for this match anyway, whoever loses can not use the excuse of complacency.

outinfront

Quote from: Naomh Pol CLG on May 25, 2011, 12:58:52 PM
Quote from: John Martin on May 25, 2011, 09:18:12 AM
Quote from: Lecale2 on May 25, 2011, 07:52:58 AM
Around a Pound JFC
ROUND 1
A Dromara v Aughlisnafinn
B Saul v Ballykinlar
C Bright v Mitchels

ROUND 2
B v Bredagh
St Micheals v Teconnaught
Aghaderg v C
St Pauls v B

Is is what was issued to clubs last night. Which draw is correct? Bredagh or St Paul's must play the winner of A?

Mitchels are down to play Glassdrumman in the IFC so that one must be wrong. There is only 10 teams in the Junior according to Austin last night.

*Edit* Having looked on the down website it appears that St. Johns are down to play Glassdrumman. I assume this is because St. Johns were forgotten about when they made the draw and they are supposed to be in the IFC instead of mitchells meaning the JFC had to be redrawn which is what you have above.

The mistake is unfortunate but there is no harm done really.

No clearer who plays the winner of Saul -v- Ballykinler??  Us or Bredagh, this states we both play the winner whilst Dromara -v- Finn winners dont play in the second round......What a balls up :o

Confusion! No idea what the right way of it is now.

DownFanatic

Quote from: DownFanatic on November 14, 2010, 11:26:07 PM
Lineups for 2011 Championships

SFC

Burren 
Mayobridge   
Clonduff 
Kilcoo 
Bryansford 
Rostrevor 
An Riocht   
Longstone 
Liatroim 
Castlewellan 
Ballyholland   
Saval   
Downpatrick   
Loughinisland   
Warrenpoint
Tullylish

IFC

Clann na Banna   
Ballymartin   
Annaclone 
Shamrocks   
Kilclief 
Atticall 
Glasdrumman
Drumgath 
Darragh Cross   
Dundrum 
Ardglass   
Glenn 
Carryduff   
St Johns   
Bosco
Drumaness 

JFC

Bredagh
Saul
Teconnaught 
Mitchels 
St Michaels 
St Pauls   
Dromara   
Aughlisnafin 
Bright   
Aghaderg 
Ballykinlar

The men in charge hadn't their homework done :)

RGU08

Anyone know how the amalgamation of Kilclief, Saul and Ardglass will work in terms of the players that play in the Lecale team, if/when they get beat in the 1st round, surely the players will not be allowed to go back and play for their own teams in the Intermediate/Junior Championship?

I feel there is many more problems facing this scenario, if they get beat in the 1st game this year and their own club has a successful campaign in whatever championship, they will be raging having to watch from the sidelines (i'm assuming this is what happens), then come next year they maybe faced with the same scenario and choose not to join the amalgamation. I'm all for change but it appears to have more questions than answers at present.

Lecale2

They can still play JFC or IFC.

goldenyears

Any word on the senior champ'ship fixtures being re-drawn? I hear a rumour about a mix up - anyone else heard?

John Martin

Quote from: goldenyears on May 25, 2011, 08:19:44 PM
Any word on the senior champ'ship fixtures being re-drawn? I hear a rumour about a mix up - anyone else heard?

I'd say the mix-up was that the ball for tullylish didn't seem to be in the draw so they ended up just playing them against the last team drawn out, warrenpoint. They could get away with playing away as it is but some teams may say that it wasn't really fair.

goldenyears

Was the draw public? I tried to watch it online but the site crashed.
Did anyone see it?

John Martin

Yeah I seen it alright. It was fairly well presented but there was obviously a couple of glaring mistakes, it's still got me fairly excited for the championship weekends though.

John Martin

Result from division 3 tonight

St. John's     1-07
Glenn           2-13
;D

Long Ball

[I'd say the mix-up was that the ball for tullylish didn't seem to be in the draw so they ended up just playing them against the last team drawn out, warrenpoint. They could get away with playing away as it is but some teams may say that it wasn't really fair.
[/quote]

No offence to Tullylish but I'd rather we had drawn them than Mayobridge!
Drive yer boot in her!!