Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leonardo

Seen marty approx 3 weeks ago - sipping over a pint. I probably had four in the time he had one - maybe I drink too fast :D

supersub

Quote from: alba2 on May 12, 2011, 02:28:31 PM
Quote from: supersub on May 12, 2011, 01:34:51 PM
There have been some wayward remarks made over the last while by some of the newer posters on the board. Yes it is a discussion forum but like everything else, use it in moderation. Accusations like the ones put forward and the phrasing used (ie. 'Flat out') are very disrespectful to the persons concerned. Maybe there has been some of this going on, but I don't think there is any need for a scathing attack on argubly our best player from an un named cyber poster so close to a major fixture. Do you think what is written on the board stays on the board? News travels fast, especially where high profile players are concerned.

Well maybe it will make him sit up and take notice.. And the term flat out is used in context this time... And newer posters have as much right as ye elder statemen...

Flat out meaning what?

I know they do, just saying that just because it's a discussion board doesn't mean anything can be thrown about!

Class of 99

Back to football lads what's the latest injury update???
Is it as bad as Goldenyears suggests

No1

QuoteAs far as I know No 1, the push came from the county board itself, with Eddie Harney prompting things from this side, I could be totally wrong though. Most of the players knew little or nothing about it on sat night. On the whole people in Ardglass are positive enough about the whole idea and are willing to give it a good lash. What is the reception to it in kilclief? my gut feeling is it wouldnt be as well received with some of your more hardcore followers.
Couple of the players I spoke to were happy enough to go along with it but I wouldn't say they were exactly chomping at the bit to get at it.  Getting Kilclief back into Division 2 is what it's about for them. F**k knows what way training and managing will work?

Personally, I wouldn't agree with it. Sure how could you share a changing room with boys who stink of fish all the time?   ;D

As for our hardcore, yiz have plenty of your own to be worrying about.  Is Ellie still barred from Arsehole Ardtole Memorial Park?   ;)

johnneycool

Lads, is there a road from Hilltown, right into Warrenpoint? I'm being told to take the left exit of the roundabout in the middle of the town and that'll take you into Warrenpoint.

Is this right and is it the quickest way coming from the Castlewellan direction?

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: johnneycool on May 13, 2011, 02:09:02 PM
Lads, is there a road from Hilltown, right into Warrenpoint? I'm being told to take the left exit of the roundabout in the middle of the town and that'll take you into Warrenpoint.

Is this right and is it the quickest way coming from the Castlewellan direction?

Yeah there is a straight road. When entering Hilltown coming from Castlewellan take a left exit at the top of the town ajacent the Clonduff Bar (Lowrys). There is no roundabout. This road will take you over the mountains (Ried Hall) and into Rostrenor. The point is only another couple of miles outside Rostrevor on the same main road.

amallon

Bryansford
Castlewellan
Tullylish
Bredagh
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

RGU08

Rgu and Castlewellan drew 2nite

DownFanatic

ACFL Division 3
Dundrum 1-09  Bosco 0-14

Less said the better.

Mid Down Gael

ACFL Division 1

Kilcoo 2-11 Clonduff 1-9

Superb result for us tonight against a poor Clonduff team. Considering we where missing 7 starting players it will give the management great confidence especially after Sundays poor showing. Anthony Devlin and Gary McEvoy led our youngsters superbly.

Mid Down Gael

Division 1

An Riocht 0-10 Rostrevor 0-10
Saval 1-15 Longstone 0-9
Burren 2-9 Ballyholland 0-8

DownFanatic

Carryduff beat Tullylish to end the latter's unbeaten record in Division 3.

here comes 6

Quote from: DownFanatic on May 13, 2011, 09:15:55 PM
ACFL Division 3
Dundrum 1-09  Bosco 0-14

Less said the better.
Why Downfanatic what happened?  poor showing or what? was McComisky playing

DownFanatic

Quote from: here comes 6 on May 14, 2011, 01:19:36 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on May 13, 2011, 09:15:55 PM
ACFL Division 3
Dundrum 1-09  Bosco 0-14

Less said the better.
Why Downfanatic what happened?  poor showing or what? was McComisky playing

Just a really bad game of poor quality football. McComiskey played and done rightly. Ended up with 1-06 of our 1-09.

ardtole

Quote from: No1 on May 12, 2011, 05:35:35 PM
QuoteAs far as I know No 1, the push came from the county board itself, with Eddie Harney prompting things from this side, I could be totally wrong though. Most of the players knew little or nothing about it on sat night. On the whole people in Ardglass are positive enough about the whole idea and are willing to give it a good lash. What is the reception to it in kilclief? my gut feeling is it wouldnt be as well received with some of your more hardcore followers.
Couple of the players I spoke to were happy enough to go along with it but I wouldn't say they were exactly chomping at the bit to get at it.  Getting Kilclief back into Division 2 is what it's about for them. F**k knows what way training and managing will work?

Personally, I wouldn't agree with it. Sure how could you share a changing room with boys who stink of fish all the time?   ;D

As for our hardcore, yiz have plenty of your own to be worrying about.  Is Ellie still barred from Arsehole Ardtole Memorial Park?   ;)
I wouldnt have been 100% behind it myself no1. But can you tell me when is the last time a player from our region started a sfc game for Down(bar dpk) . I would love to see Ardglass compete at sfc on their  own but its not likely to happen in the near future. I saw at 1st hand how proud Kilclief men were when Ricky Kerr won his all ireland minor medal and similary Ardglass people were proud to see Mick Magee play in an all Ireland U21 final. But these are few and far isolated incidents.
Kilclief have to amalgamate with Bright at underage level and they still operate in the bottom east down divisions. Ardglass have  no u-16 team this year due to lack of numbers. So what does the future hold?.
I was as suprised as you to hear about the amalgamation this year, but if it helps the better players in our clubs get exposure to county football then I think we should support it. we both know there are players from both clubs who over the past 20 years  if they were playing at a higher level were capable of playing county football. It gives me no pleasure to say it but at present there is an apathy towards gaa games in east down and definitly in ardglass, and if this experiment raises the profile of football in our area I will support it. I am looking forward to watching Rosie and Stevie Deegans compete against the elite in Down and show the juveniles in our clubs that we have players they can look up to.
As for sharing the changing room with fishermen there have been quite a few underage players transferring from kilclief to ardglass in the last few years and none that I know of going the other way.