ACHL Div 2
Bredagh 4-17 0-02 Castlewellan
Clonduff v Ballygalget OFF

johnneycool

Quote from: Lecale2 on May 23, 2007, 07:48:14 AM
ACHL Div 2

Our seconds beat Liatroim by 4 points, but we're struggling to put out a thirds string at the minute with injuries and exams, so we couldn't field against Clonduff last night.

Is promotion between Clonduff and Bredagh Lecale?

Lecale2

Quote from: johnneycool on May 23, 2007, 08:48:16 AM
Quote from: Lecale2 on May 23, 2007, 07:48:14 AM
ACHL Div 2

Our seconds beat Liatroim by 4 points, but we're struggling to put out a thirds string at the minute with injuries and exams, so we couldn't field against Clonduff last night.

Is promotion between Clonduff and Bredagh Lecale?

It's looking that way. Castlewellan have gone to the dogs and Clonduff are a good young side. The Clonduff game was called off at 6.30 so I guessed you were struggling for numbers.

5 Sams

ACFL Div 2

Harps beat Glasdrumman away by 3 points in a tight battle last night. Good performance by our boys as we were missing 7 or 8 first choice players.
The Aristocrat Years

spiritof91and94

Quote from: TORGAEL on May 22, 2007, 10:33:36 PM
Fior Gael,.......Packie Downey didnt play for Drumgath last night......studying for exams was the story being told.
Hope he hasnt forgot his roots already!
His club should come first no matter what!

An Cloch Scoilte

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on May 23, 2007, 11:24:20 AM
Quote from: TORGAEL on May 22, 2007, 10:33:36 PM
Fior Gael,.......Packie Downey didnt play for Drumgath last night......studying for exams was the story being told.
Hope he hasnt forgot his roots already!
His club should come first no matter what!

Wise up Spirit!!

What do you expect the lad to do when he has an exam the morning after the game on a Monday night!!!

Playing Mitchels isn't gonna pass him his exams, and it surely won't get him a degree!!!

Missing one game doesn't make any less of a clubman!!

Fíor Gael

[/quote]

Wise up Spirit!!

What do you expect the lad to do when he has an exam the morning after the game on a Monday night!!!

Playing Mitchels isn't gonna pass him his exams, and it surely won't get him a degree!!!

Missing one game doesn't make any less of a clubman!!
[/quote]

Rumour has it he was on the beer all day in Gorman's Mayobridge with 3 other Down senior players and didn't even do his exams!!!!

DownFanatic

Square Ball, im just enquiring here about your Seniors match against Saul. Were Saul the better team or did the game change after Jody Gormley got a straight red?

TORGAEL

Fior Gael, i had heard that rumour re Packie, Benny & others on the piss in Gormans myself...........but as it was Packie's own father who had told me was studying for exams, i had to take that as being the truth !

Square Ball

Quote from: DownFanatic on May 23, 2007, 09:53:46 PM
Square Ball, im just enquiring here about your Seniors match against Saul. Were Saul the better team or did the game change after Jody Gormley got a straight red?

DowFanatic

wasnt at the game, first one i have missed this year, couldnt get the kids looked after. we were 6 down and recovered to go in at half time all square, we were 2 points down when Jody was sent off, i have heard a few different stories as to why, so saying nothing. they seem to be a hell of a lot better than they were at the start of of the season.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

off the laces

S,B/D,F
Saul where two points up when jody got sent off he had been trying to play the sweeper role in front off the full back line, and as the goals came after he went off you could say he was playing well also scoring a point from that position, although in the second half saul lost their playmaker JP to injury at the same time and still went on to score 2.4 to 0.2
Keeps 'er' straight

Square Ball

Quote from: off the laces on May 24, 2007, 08:44:20 PM
S,B/D,F
Saul where two points up when jody got sent off he had been trying to play the sweeper role in front off the full back line, and as the goals came after he went off you could say he was playing well also scoring a point from that position, although in the second half saul lost their playmaker JP to injury at the same time and still went on to score 2.4 to 0.2

Cheers

take it you were at the match?  they seem to have picked it up from the start of the season, have you got a few players back?

off the laces

well some would say i was not at the races in the first few games but seem to be coming back into it
Keeps 'er' straight

sabhallphadraig

Div 3 is already shaping up to be the tightest in the ACL. Saul haven't been under illusions on where they will end up and while its great that we have had a bit of a run, there's still only 2 points between us and a bottom 4 place and more than half the season to go  As for players, there's a few back from injury although Greek was missing against Bredagh last time round.

Square Ball - you'll have to tell us your secret as I saw score updates from you timed at half-time and full-time on Monday night so was expecting to have seen a supporter or squad member holding a fancy piece of technology at St Pats park. Your side looked good on the ball and Jody was doing a great job in front of the backline until we figured out how to get round that tactic. Have Bredagh played that tactic often or is every drawing inspiration from Parc Esler last Sunday  ;D    Enda came on fairly late in the game - he carrying an injury atm?   

Off the laces - I have you say u are looking a bit sharper these days  ;)

On league fixtures, can anybody confirm that Friday week (June 1st) will be the original rearranged Series 8 games i.e. unstarred?

Square Ball

sabhallphadraig

we use new fangled technology called mobile phones, have they not reached you neck of the woods yet?  ::) Got a lot of texts during the match and stuck them on as soon as i got them

Paddy H calls the shots on team tactics and yes thay have played that way once or twice, horses for courses and all that, as for Enda, was carrying a wee knock, but is OK now.

Its good to see a division so tight, everyone is beating everyone else, well sort of, we have a match tomorrow night against Newry B, then a rearranged one on Sunday at Dundrum