Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiritof91and94

Attical 1.02 Bryansford 2.11 - Atticall clearly punching above their weight, though we will take the win after An Riocht beating us on Friday.

Whitehair

ACHL Div1

Ballycran v Ballela: Postponed at the request of ballycran

magoo

Anyone heard last nights league results

Out in Front

Monday 21st May
O'Neills International Sportswear League
Div One
Atticall 1:3 Bryansford 2:13
Loughinisland 1:6 Castlewellan 1:7
Mayobridge (off) An Riocht
Rostrevor 0:14 Clonduff 2:14
Longstone 0:12 Burren 0:10
Kilcoo 0:12 Liatroim 0:8

Div Two
Ballymartin 0:9 Downpatrick 1:10
Glasdrumman (Tues) Ballyholland
Kilclief 2:15 Carryduff 0:4
Shamrocks 0:9 Warrenpoint 0:16
Clann Na Banna 1:6 Annaclone 1:16
Darragh Cross 0:7 Saval 0:12

Div Three
Bright 0:8 Teconnaught 3:5
St Pauls 2:12 Dundrum 3:15
Glenn 1:8 Ardglass 3:8
Drumgath 1:11 Mitchels 1:12
Tullylish (off) Bosco
Saul 2:13 Bredagh 0:9

Div Four
St. Michaels 2:11 Drumaness 2:17
Dromara 5:21 Aughlisnafin 1:4
Ballykinlar 0:7 St. Johns 1:13

east down gael

what seems to have happened up in carryduff?they havnt seemed competitive in their last two games.

johnneycool

Quote from: Whitehair on May 22, 2007, 09:59:28 AM
ACHL Div1

Ballycran v Ballela: Postponed at the request of ballycran

Postponed by the county board at the request of the county minor management you mean.

Is the Kilclief vrs Newry game not off as well due to Finty Conways and Ciaran courtney's involvement??

DownFanatic

Latest Down ACFL Division 3 Table

Tullylish 14pts
Teconnaught 12pts
Bredagh 11pts
Saul 10pts
--------------------------------
Drumgath 9pts
Dundrum 9pts
Glenn 9pts
Ardglass 9pts
--------------------------------
Bosco 7pts
Mitchels 6pts
St Pauls 4pts
Bright 4pts

stpauls

DF,

the only change to that would be we are below Bright on points difference (unfortunately)!! Did you make it to the game last night?

DownFanatic

St Pauls, I was there all right - primed and ready to be called in to action. Was on the subs bench, didnt get a runout. It was an excellent game to watch. We just pulled away at the end. To be honest there isnt much between our two teams in regards to standard of play. I thought your Number 12 was excellent as was your boy Conor McIllroy. The only problem I seen with St Pauls was lack of discipline.
   It is imperative that you boys stay up. Because out of the teams Ive seen so far this year yous are probably one of the toughest we have played. We got a big boost getting McComiskey and Kavanagh back and it seemed to lift our players.
   From my memory this must be the most close and exciting Division 3 in the past 7 or 8 years.

stpauls

DF, no 12 was Conor's brother Kevin, and i agree with you about that, didn't think Conor had as much an impact as you seem to have.
Our discipline does need to be dealt with, we need to learn to keep our mouth's shut when the ref gives a decision against us, but after the referees in our last 2 games you can hardly blame us. for your penalty last, your umpire behind that goal agreed with me that it was never a penalty!!

uselessfootballer

St Pauls, it was lack of discipline and the Dundrum No6 having the freedom to run straight through the middle unmarked at any time that done for us last night.
As in some previous games it only seems to take 1 dodgy decision and this puts several players off their game and more intent on shouting down the ref at every opportunity.

It's a pity cause on the games I've seen we've shown the ability to play the type of football that could have/should have seen us win most of these games. 

stpauls

useless, i know exactly what you mean, instead of putting the ball down and going ahead and playing the game, some of us prefer to shout at the ref to try and get him to change his mind, which he of course won't, and by that stage have lost track of their man and have to chase back to mark him again.

Fíor Gael

Tor Gael there's a bit of a debate going on on th Down Vs Cavan thread about the ability/worth of packie downey, just out of interest, how did he play for Drumgath last night?

AnDunYeGo

East down gael, the duff are missing 10-12 of their starting team through injury and one or 2 suspensions, so are basically playing with a reserve team at the min

TORGAEL

Fior Gael,.......Packie Downey didnt play for Drumgath last night......studying for exams was the story being told.