Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Down Follower

Quote from: Mike Tyson on December 22, 2010, 02:15:40 PM
Quote from: Down Follower on December 22, 2010, 02:01:40 PM
Quote from: Mike Tyson on December 22, 2010, 01:49:06 PM
Quote from: alba2 on December 22, 2010, 11:49:01 AM
He won an all ireland as a player and even came on in the final v Dublin in1994.  Think that is more than most have to say.  I also think its more than our whole senior panel has at the minute.

Ahh right, so because he came on as a sub to collect an all ireland medal he will be a good manager? Makes perfect sense

Mike Tyson, you are from Loughinisland. Did Colgan not manage you to 2 Championship Finals in a row. Fair enough you lost both of them, but you lost both of them to established top teams and if things had went your way you could have ended up with two wins rather than two defeats.

Going on your comments i take it you are not a fan of BIG Colgan!

He sure did, and we are extremely grateful to him for getting us to both. However we had our fair share of luck getting to both, and with a bit more tactical knowledge and common sense he would have won us the second. He also managed to get us relegated. I neither dislike or like "BIG Colgan."

Fair enough.  Although like all of us are aware, a championship team is different to a league team, not least because County players are missing for large parts of the year. Perhaps Loughinisland found that missing Dan Gordan/Jamie O'Reilly for many games was just too much to cope with in Division 1 league football.

superblues

alba2 your on here running lads down i know both Aidan Carr and husky and both are good lads i have never got the impression off Aidan that he had a attitude he is a down to earth lad and i also think he was hard done by last year as for husky have played against him loads off times and he is a winner if things are not going his way he might let you no but i cant see anything wrong with that his appointment can only be good for rostrevor

supersub

Alba2 yes what you say about rostrevor in the above post is true to an extent which many with in the club would agree with, however where you fall down is the complete non relation between this post and your original comment, which was a perosnal insult on a member of management. The fact that rostrevor haven't produced has nothing to do with Husky or any of the management this year for that matter. So I don't know where you got this rant from in terms of defending what you said about husky being a mouth piece etc. Wind your neck in and as I said stop trying to rub people up the wrong way on here. Recent influx of newbies (not all i might add) have tried to spice things up on the board, but it doesn't work as you just get disrespected straight away. Reading your posts it seems you are trying the same.

pointlad

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on December 22, 2010, 08:54:21 AM
Gary "Husky" Farrell - a gentleman and a scholar. (just ask the county PRO)
Ha, Yeah he really is a gentleman and a scholar after that act of thuggery in the match your talking about involving the former PRO, Should be ashamed off himself going out to hit out at the one of the main players on the oppossing team that day in the way he did without punishment from the incompetent match officials, and all just to win a championship

alba2

super sub and super blues - im not trying to rub anyone up the wrong way at all - im only stating my opinion.  whether you agree with me or not is ur right.. I never said at any time that husky was responsible for whats happening in rostrevor now or in the past - and i never linked him to that post/rant.  I was just stating about their club with no disrespect to anyone - i have good friends in rostrevor who feel the same as i do about certain players.  I have just seen too many past club men in their club sign up for the job and fall by the way side - hopefully husky is different.  Sean Ward has had great success with Burren as a manager and he was the same type mouthy player.. Maybe Husky can do the business and prove me wrong.

dundrumite

Alba2 I am fascinated by you naming your club as Killough? Good Newcastle league standard soccer team. Not a gaelic team as far as I am aware.

alba2

Quote from: dundrumite on December 22, 2010, 07:01:08 PM
Alba2 I am fascinated by you naming your club as Killough? Good Newcastle league standard soccer team. Not a gaelic team as far as I am aware.

And what has where im from got to do with anything... stop your slabbering.. i obviously know more about gaelic in our county than you - so butt out

dundrumite

Quote from: alba2 on December 22, 2010, 07:09:52 PM

And what has where im from got to do with anything... stop your slabbering.. i obviously know more about gaelic in our county than you - so butt out

Irony in a nutshell right there.

I am butting in as I am interested that you can name numerous individuals, and indeed to coin your phrase slabber about them from behind a pseudonym. Yet, you don't even have the balls to answer where you are from.

I imagine you will be a valuable contributor to this site :O

Incidentally I never questiones your koowledge of gaelic football, so no need for the defensive stance.

alba2

Quote from: dundrumite on December 22, 2010, 07:29:15 PM

I am butting in as I am interested that you can name numerous individuals, and indeed to coin your phrase slabber about them from behind a pseudonym. Yet, you don't even have the balls to answer where you are from.

Incidentally I never questiones your koowledge of gaelic football, so no need for the defensive stance.

And you hide behind the same bull shit name and slabber about individuals - so at least we have something in common.... Nice to meet ya!!!

supersub

Yes but there is a difference in stating your opinion and giving out personal insults on a public forum. You may learn this in time, as the lack of respect for you, which I mentioned, has started already!

Ps no one is on here to make enemies or cause dispute, but by your first number of posts it seems you are. Only saying it for your own good if you want to have your opinion valued!

alba2

Quote from: supersub on December 22, 2010, 09:15:06 PM
Yes but there is a difference in stating your opinion and giving out personal insults on a public forum. You may learn this in time, as the lack of respect for you, which I mentioned, has started already!

Ps no one is on here to make enemies or cause dispute, but by your first number of posts it seems you are. Only saying it for your own good if you want to have your opinion valued!

Well if your not allowed to express your opinion on the board - there aint much point to it... i only said what i thought - not the general public... only my opinion.

supersub

Your missing the point completely, but no matter.

east down gael

As a general rule,never say anything on the board that you wouldn't say to a mans face.that's only fair.

dundrumite

Quote from: alba2 on December 22, 2010, 08:04:52 PM
Quote from: dundrumite on December 22, 2010, 07:29:15 PM

And you hide behind the same bull shit name and slabber about individuals - so at least we have something in common.... Nice to meet ya!!!

Never have, never will.

Happy Christmas  :)

EagleLord

Quote from: east down gael on December 23, 2010, 06:47:10 AM
As a general rule,never say anything on the board that you wouldn't say to a mans face.that's only fair.

:)