Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alba2

Oh indeed we would have made it past offaly without a bother... Dont get me wrong - i am a big carr supporter but his demeanour and attitude bother me - dont think he can cut it at the top level with that attitude he has...

alba2

Colgan is a proven winner - husky is a proven mouth... gaelic or soccer alike - pure mouth piece. Lets c how he cuts it on the line next season.

dodgy umpire

Quote from: alba2 on December 21, 2010, 10:45:12 PM
Oh indeed we would have made it past offaly without a bother... Dont get me wrong - i am a big carr supporter but his demeanour and attitude bother me - dont think he can cut it at the top level with that attitude he has...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n897FUMIiFI
The Boys in Red and Black are back

alba2

Scorers -- Down: M Clarke 0-5 (4f, 1'45), M Poland 0-3 (2f), A Carr 1-0, J Clarke 0-2, B Coulter, D Hughes 0-1 each.

Down: B McVeigh; D O'Hagan, D Gordon, D Rafferty; D Rooney, J Colgan, C Garvey; A Rogers, K King; A Carr, M Poland, P McComiskey; M Clarke, B Coulter, J Clarke.
Subs: D Hughes for Carr, 47; K McKernan for Colgan, 50; R Sexton for McComiskey, 55; R Murtagh for J Clarke, 63; A Brannigan for Garvey, 69.

I think if you were to read the above from the game you will notice that indeed while carr scored a goal - not only was he substituted (in what was his last appearance of the season) - but indeed were it not for M Clarke during the game with his haul of 0 - 05 we would not have won the game. Top scorer and all from placed balls. A Most important player and one who walks around with out any airs or graces about himself...

supersub

Quote from: alba2 on December 21, 2010, 10:46:17 PM
Colgan is a proven winner - husky is a proven mouth... gaelic or soccer alike - pure mouth piece. Lets c how he cuts it on the line next season.

He won a championship with the side he managed last year so he must have something. We will see is right, could be good could be bad.

You seem to be trying to rub people up the wrong way with your posts...interesting.

...another downjim?

Mike Tyson

Quote from: alba2 on December 21, 2010, 10:46:17 PM

Really? What has he won?

Brick Tamlin

Gary "Husky" Farrell - a gentleman and a scholar. (just ask the county PRO)

alba2

He won an all ireland as a player and even came on in the final v Dublin in1994.  Think that is more than most have to say.  I also think its more than our whole senior panel has at the minute.

alba2

husky - A gentleman and a scholar - i dont think so... Rostrevor should technically be the best team in our county at present - winning those minor championships a few years back. But for some reason they cant produce it at senior level. Major turning point for this club was when they had the bridge on the ropes in Burren a few years ago in the championship and blew it for the game to end a draw - only to get stuffed in the replay.  Had they won that game and the championship - they might have tried to blood a few players in to the seniors and kept them playing.
players like sean Mackin was an unbelievable talent
Conor mackin was a great player with all ireland minor medal inhis pocket
Adrian Mackin another great player
gary Magee a great player with all ireland minor medal as well
Patrick Mooney has an all ireland medal from 05 - where is he now
Conor Magee - fantastic player who played at u21 level two seasons ago and was class
Brian cole is a great player and was very consistent this year - prob should have got senior trial
The above are only a few - but they are young and mix them in with the likes of Sean parr,
Monk Cole, Jarlath Farrell and the twin Magees and you have the makings of a great team. But Rostrevor being Rostrevor cant get them out on to the field... Husky wont change this.

Mike Tyson

Quote from: alba2 on December 22, 2010, 11:49:01 AM
He won an all ireland as a player and even came on in the final v Dublin in1994.  Think that is more than most have to say.  I also think its more than our whole senior panel has at the minute.

Ahh right, so because he came on as a sub to collect an all ireland medal he will be a good manager? Makes perfect sense

Down Follower

Quote from: Mike Tyson on December 22, 2010, 01:49:06 PM

Ahh right, so because he came on as a sub to collect an all ireland medal he will be a good manager? Makes perfect sense

Mike Tyson, you are from Loughinisland. Did Colgan not manage you to 2 Championship Finals in a row. Fair enough you lost both of them, but you lost both of them to established top teams and if things had went your way you could have ended up with two wins rather than two defeats.

Going on your comments i take it you are not a fan of BIG Colgan!

alba2

You said he wasnt a winner - i just proved he was.... I never said anything about management just that he was aproven winner - proof is his medal...

Mike Tyson

Quote from: Down Follower on December 22, 2010, 02:01:40 PM
Quote from: Mike Tyson on December 22, 2010, 01:49:06 PM

Mike Tyson, you are from Loughinisland. Did Colgan not manage you to 2 Championship Finals in a row. Fair enough you lost both of them, but you lost both of them to established top teams and if things had went your way you could have ended up with two wins rather than two defeats.

Going on your comments i take it you are not a fan of BIG Colgan!

He sure did, and we are extremely grateful to him for getting us to both. However we had our fair share of luck getting to both, and with a bit more tactical knowledge and common sense he would have won us the second. He also managed to get us relegated. I neither dislike or like "BIG Colgan."

Quote from: alba2 on December 22, 2010, 02:06:49 PM

You said he wasnt a winner - i just proved he was.... I never said anything about management just that he was aproven winner - proof is his medal...

Where did I say he wasn't a winner? We were on the subject of management, so it was only logical to assume you were talking about managerial success. Ross Carr has two All Ireland's and an allstar or two but didn't make him a great manager.

alba2

Logical - thats not what this discussion board is about.  And where did the ross carr thing come from - no one mentioned him.. However he did win promotion witha  newry club on two consecutive seasons - that same club which has been threatened with closure in the last while... they were division 2 not so long ago.  So i suppose that counts as success. Oh yeah he also won the mc kenna cup whcih is more than the current management have won.

Mike Tyson

Quote from: alba2 on December 22, 2010, 02:29:35 PM
Logical - thats not what this discussion board is about.  And where did the ross carr thing come from - no one mentioned him.. However he did win promotion witha  newry club on two consecutive seasons - that same club which has been threatened with closure in the last while... they were division 2 not so long ago.  So i suppose that counts as success. Oh yeah he also won the mc kenna cup whcih is more than the current management have won.

You've certainly made that much obvious