Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T O Hare

Quote from: downjim on November 17, 2010, 06:56:44 PM
Its great to know that every other club is envious of us. Success breeds jealously and I hope we can do justice to our fine season by beating our noisy neighbours to lift the double on Saturday.. Move over lads and let the youth through :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXpUdBlRZe8    :D ;)
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Mid Down Gael

Its great to know that every other club is envious of us. Success breeds jealously and I hope we can do justice to our fine season by beating our noisy neighbours to lift the double on Saturday.. Move over lads and let the youth through :)

Yous have beat the bridge once in 13 years and they where without many of their best players on the day so i dont know what your ranting on about. Previous to that yous beat two division 2 teams in the championship and got the rub of the green in the final with the Tullylish subtitute winning some handy frees for yous to give your Rostrevor captain the chance to lift Frank OHare. Burren got no further than the Ford, Kilcoo or Bridge in last ten years in ulster and apart from under 21 wins, in a competition a few top clubs dont enter from time to time, your youth teams have won nothing since the south Down under 16 chmpionship in 2008 and the south Down under 14 championship previously in 2003, where they went on to be defeated in both county finals. So teams like the bridge, Kilcoo, Ford etc... have nothing to be jelous off.

dundrumite

Quote from: T O Hare on November 17, 2010, 07:48:38 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXpUdBlRZe8    :D ;)

Superb  :D

Personal take, From time to time there's a clown (generally pre pubic) that comes onto the site to stir it up a bit. I propose an ignoring policy be put in place.

supersub

Haha true, sad thing is they believe it in clonallen/burren/point road or whatever you call them. This attitude of burren being best club in the world ha been evident pre 2010 championship for a good few years and I think it is this that made so many people want the ford to win the county final against them. They have won very little in relation to the attitude they perceive themselves worthy of.

The team I am jelous of in the county is the bridge! Most of their players have more medals than that clown has posts on the board!

DownFanatic

Congratulations to Paul McComiskey who was the only Down player selected on the Cadbury's U-21 Best XV 2005-2010 team.

EagleLord

T O'Hare, perfect. :D
MidDownGael, well done, straight talking and right as always, no doubt Downjim from newry will have a great comeback lined up.... :P

On that Cadbury team there, I didnt know such a thing exsisted, but wouldnt James Colgan be included in it? He played for 4 years at under21 level, winning 2 ulster medals and being captain in the latter..

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: DownFanatic on November 17, 2010, 09:07:20 PM
Congratulations to Paul McComiskey who was the only Down player selected on the Cadbury's U-21 Best XV 2005-2010 team.

+1. Fully deserved, was Downs most consistent performer in the 2008 and 2009 ulster championship winning sides. Thought Colgan should have got selected too, played well from the 2005 all ireland runner up side right through to 08.

wavesofTORRES

Downjim if you do win on Sat. do the decent thing like the county teams do and get an open top bus to tour the clubs that contribute to the success of our most famous club. That will take you to the Point, Rostrevor Mayobridge Saval and of course Tullylish.( get inside the bus for that wee jaunt may be a tad parky on the top for the whole road). If I missed any please add.

downjim

Five ulsters and two all-Irelands says it all,coupled with the greatest ever footballer to grace a field in county Down is the reason we are revered all over Ireland.
Oisin is right when he says that when Burren are successful then Down are strong. It is no coincidence than when are noisy neighbours were enjoying their decade in the sun that Down were an embarrassment!
We are the club that has set the standard that every club follows.. Hope to see you all in Shamrocks on Saturday evening ! I will be drinking Dom Perigion  :)

norabeag

Quote from: downjim on November 18, 2010, 01:03:20 AM
Five ulsters and two all-Irelands says it all,coupled with the greatest ever footballer to grace a field in county Down is the reason we are revered all over Ireland.
Oisin is right when he says that when Burren are successful then Down are strong. It is no coincidence than when are noisy neighbours were enjoying their decade in the sun that Down were an embarrassment!
We are the club that has set the standard that every club follows.. Hope to see you all in Shamrocks on Saturday evening ! I will be drinking Dom Perigion  :)
Stats dont support you son. Burren's dominance in Down coincided with one of Down's bleakest periods in last 60 years.. the 1980's.
Also didnt realise that Greg Blaney played for Burren ;)

EagleLord

My first thought was, Mickey Linden didnt play for Burren did he?

wavesofTORRES

Dom Perigion   ??? Dont drink what you cant spell. Will you be overage for the U12's next year?

Leonardo

Really looking forward to Tullylish v Shamrocks on Sunday. Hard to believe that Shamrocks are in that position. Also, how would tullylish folk feel about winning championship and possible relegation???

bredaghgael86

Quote from: wavesofTORRES on November 18, 2010, 03:04:53 PM
Dom Perigion   ??? Dont drink what you cant spell. Will you be overage for the U12's next year?

Thats not a drink, its a glue. my advice would be not to drink it. sniffing it seems to be working out well so far.

SHEEDY

Quote from: downjim on November 18, 2010, 01:03:20 AM
did paddy doherty play for burren???
nil satis nisi optimum