Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourne Rover

Any result from u14 A hurling final Ballygalget v Bredagh ?

passedit

Quote from: Mourne Rover on September 03, 2010, 11:37:20 PM
Any result from u14 A hurling final Ballygalget v Bredagh ?

Bredagh won a bucketfull
Don't Panic

Mourne Rover

An A hurliing title leaving the Ards at any level is a rare achievement, and has not happened for many years/decades, so congratulations to Bredagh u14s. Carryduff u16s also came very close last year, losing narrowly in the final, so there would appear to be a shift in the under-age balance under way. If a minor championship should follow over the next 2/3 years, it is reasonable to expect that Down may have five senior A hurling clubs by around 2015.

st pauls mcgrath

any word who won between drumaness and mitchels?
Down by birth....St.Pauls by the grace of god

umpire

Quote from: st pauls mcgrath on September 04, 2010, 12:31:23 AM
the above game is changed to Sunday evening in Newcastle  at 7.30 

Square Ball

Quote from: dundrumite on September 03, 2010, 10:08:27 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on September 03, 2010, 08:25:06 PM
Bredagh beaten by Ardglas tonight
How many in it SB? What has happened Bredagh? I would have predicted before a ball was thrown in for them to be in around the promotion play off places mix

hard to put your finger on it as believe me we have tried, its a young team and we need to learn to close games out.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

goldenyears

Xxx

Kingscourt Stars

Lads,

Roll up, roll up!! The Infamous Kingscourt Stars All-Ireland Football Final Ticket Draw has just over a week left to run.

For the first time ever, tickets are available online via the website - www.kingscourtstars.ie . First prize is Two Tickets to the All-Ireland Senior Football Final along with overnight accommodation in the Skylon Hotel and €200 spending money. There are further cash prizes all the way down to 8th place.

All told, a prize well worth winning so why not try your luck and simultaneously help support a harmless wee GAA club just trying to get by in these tough aul' times.......

To enter just click on www.kingscourtstars.ie and try your luck.... It only costs a €10, sure that's little over £8 to ye guys!!

Regards

Kingscourt Stars GAA

P.S. The Club would like to point out that no GAA fans were harmed in the making of this draw and any negative comments in relation to the draw and be logged on www.littletobedoing.ie   

down6061689194

Quote from: umpire on September 04, 2010, 11:26:37 AM
Quote from: st pauls mcgrath on September 04, 2010, 12:31:23 AM
the above game is changed to Sunday evening in Newcastle  at 7.30

Wouldnt need to be.

Dness 0-13 Mitchels 0-9

I think. It was drumaness by 3 or 4

Mid Down Gael

Down Minor simi finals

Kilcoo (Holders) 4-9 Shamrocks 0-9

Superb display from the magpies to reach back to back finals where Darragh OHanlon, Ryan Johnston and the brilliant Jerome Johnston, who kicked 1-6 led us superbly. On a sour note we lost midfielder James McClean to a straight red which was rather harsh after he took a number of blows from the Shamrocks players.

I hear Rostrevor qualifed for the decider on Friday week with a 2 point success over Burren.

Trap 2

anybody looking 2 tickets for the all ireland hurling final 2moro in a possible exchange for 2 all ireland football final tickets!!

Square Ball

Quote from: Mourne Rover on September 04, 2010, 12:03:27 AM
An A hurliing title leaving the Ards at any level is a rare achievement, and has not happened for many years/decades, so congratulations to Bredagh u14s. Carryduff u16s also came very close last year, losing narrowly in the final, so there would appear to be a shift in the under-age balance under way. If a minor championship should follow over the next 2/3 years, it is reasonable to expect that Down may have five senior A hurling clubs by around 2015.

the final score was 7-15 to 0-7, so this team has the u 14 Feile and the A championship, lets hope we can do it again in the near future.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Gaffer

Want to say to any Down supporters who are eager to get a ticket for the Final and are at this stage willing to fork out over the odds prices .
We went through this 3 times this decade and almost everyone who who really wanted a ticket got one in the end. Many's a one could tell you of having nothing on the Friday and getting sorted on the Saturday or Sunday in Dublin. On each of the 3 All Ireland Finals I  could have bought tickets on the day of the match in Dublin.
I heard yesterday of one Down supporter who has already agreed to pay £300 for 2 tickets from someone in Derry who knows they have them coming to him through his club or something . Its a shame that some people would take advantage of the situaton.What I am saying is don't panic , don't allow yourself to be ripped off, and the chances are if you want a ticket you will get one
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

goldenyears

thanks

wavesofTORRES

Thank god Gaffer you mentioned this as one who has more recent experience of AI Finals than us in Down. People shouldnt panic and I know thats easier said than done but there should be sufficient ticket to go round.
I dont have any as yet and the chances of getting one through the club is slight with a big membership and a limited supply coming. But dont forget the capacity of Croker is greater than in 94 and we had the Dubs to compete with then for tickets. I had no ticket along with2 mates at 11am in Dublin. We all got sorted at face value before the minor game and ive no reason to believe we cant do this time if needs be.Dont panic and dont lose friends