Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyeswideopen

02/09/10   ST MICHAEL'S  v  FINN
03/09/10   DRUMANESS v MITCHEL'S
05/09/10   BRIGHT v St PAULS
05/09/10   BOSCO v TECONNAUGHT

Bit late with my predictions but have to be honest and say i would have went for St Michaels.

umpire

supersub

Any word on the County Board meeting last night re tickets etc?

Bacon

Drumaness v Mitchels
Bright v St Pauls
St John Bosco v Teconnaught

Sorry i missed last nights game but I never would have predicted a win for the Fin anyway. They're just like Down this year coming from nowhere for a run in the championship.

Fairplay to them for sticking at it through the bad years!
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

5 Sams

Quote from: supersub on September 03, 2010, 12:44:36 PM
Any word on the County Board meeting last night re tickets etc?

I was going to ask the same question myself...still no news!!
The Aristocrat Years

Banana Man

i heard each club was going to get 200 tickets but nothing confirmed as of yet....

Leo

Good idea by the current county board to restrict the fundraising to the tickets, golf and breakfast.

Beware of others jumping on the bandwagon.

Was speaking to a supporter last night who reckoned that after the wait from 94 you need to divide £70 by 16 and realise what an opportunity this is - equivalent to saving less than a fiver a year for this oportunity. I wonder how many of  those crying about it were out shivering in the cold through the McKenna Cup games? I am unemployed but will find the £140 I need somewhere. A reason to be cheerful in these tough times.
Fierce tame altogether

Lecale2

Sounds about right for the initial allocation.

dundrumite

watching the highlights of the game last night and it showed honours list of James Mc Cartan stating he had won two Hogans and one Mc Rory. Is this an error or did it really happen?

EagleLord

Whitehair

Quote from: dundrumite on September 03, 2010, 04:51:11 PM
watching the highlights of the game last night and it showed honours list of James Mc Cartan stating he had won two Hogans and one Mc Rory. Is this an error or did it really happen?

I think the winners of the previous years Rannafast entered the Hogan so you'd be playing Hogan as a lower 6th(17yrs same as southern school leavers), James won the Rannafast twice out of 3rd/4th/5th year and won two Hogans as a result then picked up a MacRory on the way(as St Colmans do  :P ). I think Cathal Murray won a Hogan but never a MacRory. Thats my understanding of it but im open to correction.

Square Ball

Bredagh beaten by Ardglas tonight
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Bitta-Banter

Div 3 Result from tonight.
Carryduff 1-12 - 0-17 Darragh Cross

dundrumite

Quote from: Square Ball on September 03, 2010, 08:25:06 PM
Bredagh beaten by Ardglas tonight
How many in it SB? What has happened Bredagh? I would have predicted before a ball was thrown in for them to be in around the promotion play off places mix

outinfront