Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Long Ball

Quote from: sebastion on March 30, 2010, 11:20:43 PM
Quote from: The Worker on March 30, 2010, 10:29:03 PM
Quote from: sebastion on March 30, 2010, 08:09:55 PM
What I mean by being the wrong side of the ball is,James wants his half forwards to come back and help out his half backs and on countless occasions Stephen is marking a man that is not involved in the play and when he decides to get back he is left chasing shadows,look I have seen Stephen Kearney playing decent stuff in a county jersey in the NL but I am not fully convinced about him.Dan McCartan when exposed to a one on one situation will foul the lad can not tackle and you can not do that at full back,he has got away with it so far in NL but when fitter players come along in the summer he will not cut it .example,rugby tackle in the Armagh game for the pen.Westmeath is hardly a cutting edge team in Ireland at the minute,it just my opinion.

Thankfully for the County, your opinion is worthless..... and Wee James and the management team obviously disagrees with it. Dan has played his part in helping Down to get promoted to Div 1. and the much criticised Down defence have currently the best defensive record in the league.. Dan has nothin to prove...
I' m only airing my opinion ,and it is easy to fall into the opinion that the team are doing well and will continue to do so with out making changes to personal,and there is no doubt they are at the minute. I'm just looking a few weeks down the line, croke park will test a few players the wide open spaces will reveal who has what to offer and don't get me wrong I hope wee James does not have to make a change to the team come the game of the NL final but I think he will have to.
I agree with you Sebastian, especially about Dan McCartan ( Not so much Kearney)
Drive yer boot in her!!

Long Ball

Castlewellan Invitational Sevens ( Men and Ladies Football)
Sponsored by Azzurri

A Chara

The Castlewellan Invitational seven-a-side senior football competition which will be held on Saturday 1st May 2010 in Castlewellan Co. Down. Our Club has been running a very successful men's annual seven-a-side competition for the past 30 years second only in stature to the Dublin Kilmacud Sevens with winners of the Castlewellan sevens receiving invitations each year to enter the prestigious Kilmacud Seven held on the eve of the All-Ireland final. Indeed many of the Castlewellan Sevens winners have gone on to win the Kilmacud Sevens in the same year.

Traditionally the Castlewellan Sevens have beed held on the eve of the All-Ireland hurling final but due to increasing club commitments at this time of years we have decided to relaunch our sevens competition in 2010 for the earlier date of Saturday May 1st. Also for the first time ever we will be hosting our Ladies annual seven-a-side competition on the same day. The winning team in each competitions this year will receive £1000.00 and runners-up £250.

This is an official GAA tournament and normal GAA rules apply, each participating club must obtain permission in writing from its respective County Committee. It is also a requirement that clubs are covered under the Players' Injury Scheme currently approved by Ard Chomhairle.

The Sevens are of course more than a highly competitive one-day competition. It is always a great social occasion and we can guarantee you a warm Co Down welcome to Castlewellan and to our Clubrooms where we will provide top quality meals for all players and officials and host a grand evenings entertainment. Many Clubs opt to stay over in some of the Town's fine guesthouses and local hotels a list of which is also attached.

A competition of this level with top quality prizes and meals for all competitors and officials makes it necessary for us to set a fee to off-set the expenses involved, the entry fee this year is £160stg per team or €180, please make cheques payable to Castlewellan G.A.C. Entry forms may be posted to secretary.castlewellan.down@gaa.ie

For further details of the competition including past winners etc please visit our website at  http://castlewellangac.webs.com/castlewellan7s.htm

Mise le mor-mheas

Rónán O'Cionga

Ronan O Cionga
Runai
Drive yer boot in her!!

sebastion

Did any body here anything about the ref dispute,I hear they are looking for more money which I think they are entitled too.When a ref does a game for a school the two schools involved pay him more than the county board do.If the county board paid better we would have more refs and may be a better quality of ref?

norabeag

Quote from: sebastion on April 01, 2010, 02:12:38 PM
Did any body here anything about the ref dispute,I hear they are looking for more money which I think they are entitled too.When a ref does a game for a school the two schools involved pay him more than the county board do.If the county board paid better we would have more refs and may be a better quality of ref?
Good job they are not paid on performance or fitness or some of them would owe us all money

umpire

That report above was printed in back page of Mourne Observer, i am wary of the date 1ST APRIL

sebastion

Quote from: umpire on April 01, 2010, 05:00:55 PM

That report above was printed in back page of Mourne Observer, i am wary of the date 1ST APRIL
I think the more appealing the county board make it to be a ref the better the standard will be,but the county board must up the standard as well as their wages.

Square Ball

with the league due to get underway this Monday and its still pissing down, what the state of the grounds?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Class of 99

Folks what is going on with Dan Gordon. Time is running out surely no stone should be left unturned to get him back. We are talking about pure class here that may be the difference.
Although he owes the county nothing Im hoping he doesn't regret this break. Playing days can be short so I really hope to see Dan back asap. IMO an allstar in waiting

guevara

The Dan Gordon thing needs to be put to bed. It was the player who chose to take the break & it will be the player who will decide if & when he wants to return.
Look at Tyrone & Mickey Harte's approach to Stephen O'Neill's exile, the player let it be known to the management when he had found the desire to return & I think it should be a similar situation here!

Until the time comes where Dan has a serious desire to return to the County setup then its best for all involved that the team move on & concentrate on the upcoming Championship game
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

sebastion

by all accounts we will see Dan back in a Down jersey sooner rather than later.What ever happened between Dan and the county it took a bit of time to heal that rift but Dan's heart I,m sure is with the county and time is a great healer everyone stood back and waited for the dust to settle and now its time for him to come back

sebastion

Quote from: Square Ball on April 02, 2010, 08:14:32 PM
with the league due to get underway this Monday and its still pissing down, what the state of the grounds?
I,m hearing that the grounds are in pretty bad shape ,the weather is atrocious at the minute and it gives it to be as bad over the weekend and on Monday

mournerambler

Quote from: sebastion on April 03, 2010, 05:36:02 PM
by all accounts we will see Dan back in a Down jersey sooner rather than later.What ever happened between Dan and the county it took a bit of time to heal that rift but Dan's heart I,m sure is with the county and time is a great healer everyone stood back and waited for the dust to settle and now its time for him to come back

Care to elaborate because everyone has been told by the team manager on numerous occasions that there was no fall out with Dan, maybe you know otherwise?

Mid Down Gael

ACFL Division 1 Result

Liatroim 0-9 An Riocht 1-7

down6061689194

With or without JC MC &BMcV?

I assume mondays games will be starred

T O Hare

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on April 03, 2010, 06:11:17 PM
ACFL Division 1 Result

Liatroim 0-9 An Riocht 1-7

The Down website states that Ballyholland beat Saval 13-9 in division two this evening!!!  :o
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"