Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITOB

Sunday 15th April   East Down Reserve Football League Result's

Bryansford 3-11 Carryduff 0-04  (predictable)
Drumaness 2-10 Bright 4-05  (Good away win)
Liatriom 3-07 Teconnaught 1-10  (surprise good away performance)
St Paul's 3-08 Kilcoo 2-10  (Com'on The Pauls - big result against one of the favorites)
Dundrum 0-10 Bredagh 3-13  (good away win)
St John's 3-13 Ardglass 2-08  (predictable)
Castlewellan 5-12 Darragh Cross 3-06  (Good effort by Darragh but the clear favorites to win outright are looking good)r

Fíor Gael

Quote from: DownFanatic on April 16, 2007, 09:41:26 PM
;D

Down ACFL Division 3

Saul 2-06  Dundrum 2-09

Not a great game. We were very poor. Bad passing and over carrying aswell as bad tackling. Saul seemed pretty much at full tilt. They aren't a great side and it looks like they will struggle this year.

How did your new county senior man play tonight Down Fanatic?

5 Sams

Harps squeezed past a determined Darragh Cross and a home town ref by a point. Any other 2nd division scorelines?
The Aristocrat Years

TORGAEL

East Down refereeing is brutal !

greygoose

Quote from: TORGAEL on April 16, 2007, 10:19:06 PM
East Down refereeing is brutal !

TORGAEL would u like to elaborate

Fíor Gael

Quote from: greygoose on April 16, 2007, 08:40:38 PM
Drumgath 3 - 14 v 3 - 4 Teconnaught,
Easy win for Drumgath this evening. Winning by 8 points @ Half Time took foot off the pedal the 2nd Half some what by letting in 2 slack goals.
Overall a slicker performance than Friday past.

2 out of two goose, good start. How are your 3 county players doing? How do you think yis will cope without them?

TORGAEL

I dont think i have to... i believe you were in Bright last friday night....enough said !......if you can manhandle the referee and he does nothing about it.............

greygoose

Quote from: Fíor Gael on April 16, 2007, 10:27:47 PM
Quote from: greygoose on April 16, 2007, 08:40:38 PM
Drumgath 3 - 14 v 3 - 4 Teconnaught,
Easy win for Drumgath this evening. Winning by 8 points @ Half Time took foot off the pedal the 2nd Half some what by letting in 2 slack goals.
Overall a slicker performance than Friday past.

2 out of two goose, good start. How are your 3 county players doing? How do you think yis will cope without them?

County players we have not really seen much of them before last friday. Bernard in Goals can do much better needs to be more of an influence in goals, Jackie injured and Packie played better this evening.   
So far we have not met the so called "sterner" teams in our division. I think if we play these teams without our 3 x County players we will find the going tough.

Jack Lynch has not appeared yet through injury and though Sheerin has been playin well any team would struggle without what is Argueably their best player on Board.

Downey up from will be missed for his role as a target man and his ability to get a few scores per game.

Connell well we dont really have any other options for goals so say no more.

spiritof91and94

Bryansford beat by 9 points in rostrevor, kilcoo tanked castlewellan by 11, clonduff bt attical by 9 and l'island and leitrim drew.

stpauls

Caitlin,

welcome to the board!! Didn't know you were a St. Paul's woman, what did you think of the performance? you will have to intorduce yourself on friday evening if you are about!!

No1

Banbridge beat Kilclief by 3.  Deserved win for the home side although Kilclief were brutal. 

Both Kilclief midfielders received straight reds in the dying minutes of an already lost game. 

It's gonna be a long hard season for us.

Any other Div 2 results?

amallon

DOWN GAA RESULTS

O'NEILL SPORTSWEAR LEAGUES

MONDAY 16TH APRIL

SFL 1

Rostrevor 1:15 Bryansford 1:6

Clonduff 3:10 Atticall 0:10

Longstone 1:10 Mayobridge 1:10

Kilcoo 1:16 Castlewellan 0:7

Burren (off) An Riocht

Liatroim 0:11 Loughinisland 0:11

SFL 2

Warrenpoint (off) Ballymartin

Clann Na Banna 2:12 Kilclief 1:12

Darragh Cross 1:4 Ballyholland 0:8

Annaclone 1:10 Carryduff 1:7

Saval 2:12 Glasdrumman 0:8

SFL 3

Drumgath 3:14 Teconnaught 3:4

Mitchels 1:9 Bright 1:8

Tullylish (off) Glenn

Saul 2:6 Dundrum 2:9

Bosco 2:13 Ardglass 0:12

Bredagh 2:10 St Pauls 1:7

SFL 4

Drumaness 1:18 St Michaels 2:8

Aughlisnafin 0:7 Dromara 1:15

St Johns 0:14 Ballykinlar 0:6

The Bridge were really made to work for this draw last night.  We were 0-5 to 0-0 down at one stage in the first half.  It took a screamer of a goal by Noel Sexton with 12 minutes to go to get us back into it.  The Stone will be disappointed that they didn't manage to hold on for the win, but our boys showed a lot of guts to hual themselves back into the game.  Benny wasn't playing for us last night, he has an ankle injury but he should be ok for Friday night against Laitroim. 

Looking at the rest of the results there are few surprises.  Kilcoo gave the town an severe hiding there and seemed to have bounced back from their opening day defeat.  Rostrevor and Clonduff have 2 wins out of two as well.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

passedit

Anybody able to post this weekend's fixtures from the IN? I heard mondays program is getting the shepherds crook, maybe just wishful thinking on my behalf as i'll be three thousand miles from where i'd want to be on monday night.

Don't Panic

amallon

Passedit - Any reason why Monday nights fixtures would be pulled?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

No1

Full programme of fixtures for Monday night according to the IN.