Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amallon

Is there a reason tonights round of games couldn't have been played yesterday evening?  These 6:45 games are a real pain for anyone who has any sort of commute or an un-understanding boss or both as it is in my case.   >:(
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

5 Sams

Reserve football yesterday Aidan. It'll all settle down in a weeek or two when the nights are a wee bit brighter.
The Aristocrat Years

spiritof91and94

Quote from: amallon on April 16, 2007, 04:02:45 PM
Is there a reason tonights round of games couldn't have been played yesterday evening?  These 6:45 games are a real pain for anyone who has any sort of commute or an un-understanding boss or both as it is in my case.   >:(

He mustnt be too bad of a boss considering the amount of time you spend posting messages on this site!!!

behind the wire

i see where you are coming from amallon, i wouldnt like to be the ardglass or downpatrick boys - both have to be in newry for 6.45 throw in. id say they would have to be meeting at their respective clubhouses shortly. at least the weather is good!!!!
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

spiritof91and94

Quote from: amallon on April 16, 2007, 12:23:04 PM
Atticall 0:9 Rostrevor 0:14
Bryansford 2:10 Clonduff 2:9
Castlewellan (OFF) Longstone
Mayobridge 2:11 Kilcoo 0:10
Loughinisland 3:9 Burren 0:7
An Riocht 0:11 Liatroim 0:11

Bryansford 2.9 Clonduff 3.8 was the correct score - Benny Corrigan condemned Bryansford to defeat!

AnDunYeGo

Just saw the photos Lecale posted of the Marshes, was wondering where Shamrocks will be playing their home league games ?

greygoose

Drumgath 3 - 14 v 3 - 4 Teconnaught,
Easy win for Drumgath this evening. Winning by 8 points @ Half Time took foot off the pedal the 2nd Half some what by letting in 2 slack goals.
Overall a slicker performance than Friday past.

Caitlin

St Pauls lost their second game away to Bredagh by 7 or 8 points. We were 2 down at half-time but did well in the first 20 of the second half and were still 2 down when their sub got a goal with his first touch. Bredagh seem faster than last year- we are still missing a few and were unlucky to have a man sent off for a second yellow.

TORGAEL

Have to agree with greygoose. Far better performance from Drumgath tonight but they are going to start playing fo the full 60 minutes in matches. They went to sleep for periods of tonights game and better teams would have punished them. Thought Declan Sheerin had a fine game.

Whitehair

Im lead to believe clann na banna beat kilclief by 4

greygoose

Quote from: TORGAEL on April 16, 2007, 08:48:34 PM
Have to agree with greygoose. Far better performance from Drumgath tonight but they are going to start playing fo the full 60 minutes in matches. They went to sleep for periods of tonights game and better teams would have punished them. Thought Declan Sheerin had a fine game.

Declan Sheerin had a stormer in Mid field,P Downey also had a fine game @ Mid field. Seamus Hynes was @ his best in full back, The kilcoo lad came into it in 2nd half and McCabe was slow to start off but scored 2 fine goals. Defensively in the 1st half Drumgath were on fire hounding all the Teconnaught forwards with M Connolly & J Lynch leading the line and encouraging others around them.

superblues

mayobridge and longstone drew 1 10 each

cloneman

Square Ball

Bredagh beat St Pauls 2-10 to 1-07
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

DownFanatic

;D

Down ACFL Division 3

Saul 2-06  Dundrum 2-09

Not a great game. We were very poor. Bad passing and over carrying aswell as bad tackling. Saul seemed pretty much at full tilt. They aren't a great side and it looks like they will struggle this year.