Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloc Mor

no, this was few weeks ago at a East Down meeting where there were quite a few requests in - most either in or out of Downpatrick.  Must be no truth in rumour.

Fíor Gael

Delighted to hear McComiskey has been called on to the senior panel. He's an excellent player and will be a big addition, great pace and strenght.

DownFanatic

Cloc Mor, in regards to the Downpatrick transfer situation I hear that Peter McKenna's from Saul has definitely gone through. I think Paul Holland's from Saul is being processed. Magee is staying with Ardglass. The transfer out is John Smith. He's looking to go to Bright. He used to play for Ballykinlar. An absolute physcho. He's barred from Downpatrick club for life after nuttin their manager Paul Evans last year.

Cloc Mor

Take a brave man to nut Evans - I wouldn't fancy it.

Statto-Gael

Quote from: DownFanatic on April 12, 2007, 04:46:52 PM
Cloc Mor, in regards to the Downpatrick transfer situation I hear that Peter McKenna's from Saul has definitely gone through. I think Paul Holland's from Saul is being processed. Magee is staying with Ardglass. The transfer out is John Smith. He's looking to go to Bright. He used to play for Ballykinlar. An absolute physcho. He's barred from Downpatrick club for life after nuttin their manager Paul Evans last year.

That must be the way to do it - I've heard that its more difficult to get a transfer out from the RGU than it is to get a slot singing Amhrán na bhFiann at half-time in the next Norn Irn qualifier at Windsor Park. The RGU have an official/unofficial ruling of thou shalt not pass. Based on this new info from Down Fanatic, there must be a line of people of all ages settling in for a nuttin exercise to get a signature on the transfers. Down the years, the town appear to be masters at claiming registration as part of roll call at the primary schools there irrespective of where they live.

No1

Quote from: DownFanatic on April 12, 2007, 04:46:52 PM
Cloc Mor, in regards to the Downpatrick transfer situation I hear that Peter McKenna's from Saul has definitely gone through.The transfer out is John Smith. He's looking to go to Bright. He used to play for Ballykinlar. An absolute physcho. He's barred from Downpatrick club for life after nuttin their manager Paul Evans last year.

One arrogant disruptive tosser out and one arrogant disruptive tosser in.  Good to see the RGU keeping the quality high.

Cloc Mor, by all accounts it was a Judas action from Smith and big Evans had to be restrained by at least 4 people!

Statto, I'm far from the RGU's number 1 fan but if they have an effective recruitment policy at the primary schools in the town then fair play to them.

Greygoose, good luck at Bright.  New pitch, same scumbags!

In fact , good luck to everyone tonight (with the notable exceptions of Darragh Cross, S*ul and the RGU)!

greygoose

No 1. can you confirm by any chance is Bright's New field open yet ?

Lecale2

Quote from: No1 on April 13, 2007, 08:33:53 AM

In fact , good luck to everyone tonight (with the notable exceptions of Darragh Cross, S*ul and the RGU)!

What about Ardglass?

Fíor Gael

Good luck tonight goose. I take it you are a Drumgath man, should be a handy one for yis, but first game of the league and a lot of ring rust you'd never know especially away down there. You can be sure you'll get nothing from the refree.

greygoose

Well spotted Fior Gael. I dont know much about the referee but we are short a few players tonight, usual bulls%*t, Dublin boys not getting up in time and County players injured..... Fingers crossed we can get off to a good start

downredblack

5Times , How did DJ behave himself over in Galway ?

AnDunYeGo

Only a few hours till the new season starts, after all the pre season slogging now for the fun!! ;D ;D

Cloc Mor

I dont think it makes much difference which referee you get because most of them are incompetent and crap.

TORGAEL

Best wishes to Drumgath this evening. ive heard that some of our dublin based players are not going to travel home for training/matches this year but im still hoping for the best.first of all, im hoping to find brights new pitch !

Bacon

Quote from: Cloc Mor on April 13, 2007, 02:00:22 PM
I dont think it makes much difference which referee you get because most of them are incompetent and crap.
Why don't you try to raise standards Cloc Mor by taking up the whistle yourself? Or is it easier to criticise from behind a keyboard? Why do junior footballers always expect Pat McEneanny to turn up and ref their Div 3 league match?
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009