Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No1

QuoteWhy do junior footballers always expect Pat McEneanny to turn up and ref their Div 3 league match?

;D

Lecale, I can't even bring myself to type their name.  They hardly have internet access on the trawlers anyway!

Greygoose, no idea about their pitch.  You better hope it is open because the council pitch they played on is the worst I have ever had the misfortune to grace.

Cloc Mor

QuoteWhy don't you try to raise standards Cloc Mor by taking up the whistle yourself? Or is it easier to criticise from behind a keyboard? Why do junior footballers always expect Pat McEneanny to turn up and ref their Div 3 league match?

Too busy big lad.  Mc Eneanny (sic) is as bad as some of them so I wouldn't be happy with him either.  Its the inconsistency that gets me.  A team gets a free at one end yet the same foul at the other end is waved away.  Most lack common sense and some have a chip on their shoulders because the were failed footballers.  God help some clubs tonight when they see the 'man in black' crossing the line.lol

greygoose

Is Bacon a referee ???

If not then how to fu*k could he not realise that the standard of refereeing in the county is incompetent and crap. I agree with Cloc Mor's quote " A team gets a free at one end yet the same foul at the other end is waved away.  Most lack common sense ".
Could not have typed a more accurate account myself

bridgegael

'bridge 2.11- 0.10 kilcoo.
ballyholland 5.10- 0.06 clan na banna
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

DownFanatic

:(

Down ACFL Division 3

Dundrum 0-15  Tullylish 0-16

A very even game. Their free-taking won the day. With a couple of minutes left we were 0-15 to 0-14 up. They then converted two frees while we missed two. Tullylish seemed very tactically aware and were very big and strong.

DownFanatic

ACFL Division 3

Glenn 1-04  Saul 0-06

DownFanatic

ACFL Division 4

Ballykinlar 4-10  Aughlisnafin 0-03

stpauls

ACFL Division 3

St Paul's 2-4  Bosco 3-8

close enough game with us leading 1-3 to 1-2 at half time. missed 1-3 in the first ten minutes of the second half which would have given us a good solid lead to build on but Bosco came down the field, scored a goal and the heads dropped. Bosco then got another goal and the game was virtually over as a contest. got a goal back but we never looked like we could claw back the difference. A lot of improvement needed from us, but we definately have it in us to play better.

TORGAEL

ACFL DIVISION 3

BRIGHT 1-8  DRUMGATH 0-12

Worst refereeing ive witnessed for quite some time. He spoiled the game for both teams. He was even pushed in the chest by a Bright player at one stage but took no action against him ! Just glad we won.

Cloc Mor

Ballymartin v Shamrocks; DRAW
Downpatrick v Warrenpoint; DOWNPATRICK
Ballyholland v Clann Na Banna; BALLYHOLLAND
Kilclief v Darragh Cross; NOT SURE
Glasdrumman v Annaclone; DRAW
Carryduff v Saval; SAVAL

Havent got exact scores.

cloneman

Glasdrumman 1-10 Annaclone 0-13

Annaclone very lucky to get a draw with a point in injury time.

DownFanatic

ACFL Division 3

Ardglass 1-09  Bredagh 0-12

Johnnie99

ACFL Div 4

Aghaderg 1.13 St Johns 2.11

Great win away from home, Johnnies were 6 up 5 minutes into the second half but Aghaderg kept clawing it back and got within a point at the end.  Not the best refereeing performance to say the least!!

DownFanatic

ACFL Division 2

Downpatrick 0-18  Warrenpoint 0-07

greygoose

ACFL DIVISION 3

BRIGHT 1-8  DRUMGATH 0-12

Worst refereeing ive witnessed for quite some time. He spoiled the game for both teams. He was even pushed in the chest by a Bright player at one stage but took no action against him ! Just glad we won.

Torgeal

I never seen a more pathetic performance by a referee. How can a referee not discipline a player after being pushed in the chest twice. What a coward, i think he was afraid of Bright players. Anyhow good to get the win. It was always going to be a tricky game on such a tight pitch.