Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

down6061689194

Could a club the size of Downpatrick not appoint a PRO who can use a persons correct name? And not nick names?

gorm agus bui

Quote from: down6061689194 on December 09, 2009, 07:04:11 PM
Could a club the size of Downpatrick not appoint a PRO who can use a persons correct name? And not nick names?
A club the size of Downpatrick cannot even appoint a PRO as far as I hear and actually the secretary is doing the job,

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: dundrumite on December 09, 2009, 06:55:56 PM
Quote from: Hospitalpass on December 09, 2009, 05:24:28 PM
Anyone heard that Annaclone seem to be doing well in the transfer market this season again by once again plundering their local rivals Aghederg of their 2 best players. Funny this one as I heard Ruairi Simpson had a transfer form into Clann Na Banna a few weeks ago as he is living in Banbridge now, and also Kevin Anderson transferred to Aghaderg from some other side in Armagh in order to play for and win an AI minor medal. I know the 2 players harber county ambitions but lads should show a bit of commitment to their club

Point is Based on hearsay. Is your main reason signing up to this site to have a go at the two lads?

Seems pretty much like that. This post is an excellent example of why there should be a "quarantine" period for new members. Idiots like this would probably lose patience.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

waitingforsam

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on December 09, 2009, 07:08:21 PM
Anyone heard that Annaclone seem to be doing well in the transfer market this season again by once again plundering their local rivals Aghederg of their 2 best players. Funny this one as I heard Ruairi Simpson had a transfer form into Clann Na Banna a few weeks ago as he is living in Banbridge now, and also Kevin Anderson transferred to Aghaderg from some other side in Armagh in order to play for and win an AI minor medal. I know the 2 players harber county ambitions but lads should show a bit of commitment to their club

Point is Based on hearsay. Is your main reason signing up to this site to have a go at the two lads?

Seems pretty much like that. This post is an excellent example of why there should be a "quarantine" period for new members. Idiots like this would probably lose patience.

Step back guys, so you didnt like his/her 1st post. I think the main reason for the post was to seek clarification on what they 'heard', albeit could have been stated in a different manner.......

Hardly worth your 2 childish responses...... (In my opinion of course, if i am allowed to express my opinion that is......)    ;D

Been waiting since '94

mournerambler

Quote from: waitingforsam on December 09, 2009, 08:25:11 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on December 09, 2009, 07:08:21 PM

Step back guys, so you didnt like his/her 1st post. I think the main reason for the post was to seek clarification on what they 'heard', albeit could have been stated in a different manner.......

Hardly worth your 2 childish responses...... (In my opinion of course, if i am allowed to express my opinion that is......)    ;D

Have to say that i'll make a 'childish' response as well in support of the two posters you are referring to & also show my annoyance at a lot of the sh-te posted on here by newbies who clearly only come on to stir the pot.
I'm not saying established posters including myself don't post some crap, but without having the stats to hand it does appear that the newbies are usually out to show everybody how big their c@ck is in their first few posts.
Had a similar discussion with WWW a couple of weeks back & after a bit of tooing & frowing of messages it was quite clear we wern't getting anywhere.

Hospitalpass

Thanks waiting, yes I was asking had anone else heard this as  I heard it from a few sources and was finding it hard to believe. I though that fact I started the quote with anyone heard might have showed this but guess not!
@dundrum no my point in signing up had  nothing to do with the lads in question, I initially signed up to the site so I could get any up to date info in what was going on in the county and tbh I hadn't planned on posting at all really, but thought I would in hope someone could clarify if what I was hearing was true.
@TAM, idiot? because I asked if anyone else had heard this?
@mourne, well the fact your even comparing asking about whether rumours are true are not and the size of peoples c-cks is just plain wrong.

PS.
Had it confirmed at the gym  last night by a few lads who could speak about the matter in some authority that each and every point I asked about in my original post is correct. So dundrum it appears this hearsay was spot on alright

A lot of people on hear seem to have a problem with 'newbies' posting on the site if the post something more experienced members don't agree with, maybe you experienced board members should start a petition that newbies can nt post on the site until they have posted 100 posts and became experienced  enough to have an opinion;)

dundrumite

Move along, nothing to see here.

DownFanatic

Just got the new yearbook. Its hard back this year and looks very impressive. Well done to Diarmuid Cahill and those that helped him put it together. Great publication.

mournerambler

Quote from: DownFanatic on December 10, 2009, 04:31:41 PM
Just got the new yearbook. Its hard back this year and looks very impressive. Well done to Diarmuid Cahill and those that helped him put it together. Great publication.

I'm looking forward to seeing another great Down yearbook, I think they go out to the clubs at the weekend but maybe for future years I feel it would be good if clubs got their quota of yearbooks maybe a week before they hit the shops, this way, the club's should find it easier to sell them rather than clubs trying to get rid of their's after they've been in the shops.

Bacon

Thanks to Out in Front and the Newry Reporter for the sports books they supplied as prizes for the predictions competition. That's a few christmas boxes sorted out!

For those of you who don't remember - I won the Down Championships predictions competition!  ;D
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

extra time

cant wait until mckenna cup, nat league and local leagues syart. some dung on here now. thought there would be some comment about rule changes for nat lg

mournerambler

Quote from: extra time on December 10, 2009, 05:50:42 PM
cant wait until mckenna cup, nat league and local leagues syart. some dung on here now. thought there would be some comment about rule changes for nat lg

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=14760.0

There you go extra time.

DownFanatic

Quote from: Bacon on December 10, 2009, 04:43:25 PM
Thanks to Out in Front and the Newry Reporter for the sports books they supplied as prizes for the predictions competition. That's a few christmas boxes sorted out!

For those of you who don't remember - I won the Down Championships predictions competition!  ;D

The goalposts were changed at the last minute as I was led to believe that there was going to be a playoff between first and second to decide the winner.

I took my foot off the gas in the last round of games as I didn't want to peak before our playoff game. The GAA Board Predicition Competition Board have a lot to answer for  >:(

Btw, thanks to Out in Front and the Newry Reporter. Ill get my message boy to pick them up before Xmas.

umpire

Quote from: Bacon on December 10, 2009, 04:43:25 PM

Bacon, i am delighted that you got something as a reward for coming out on top in Prediction League, Congratulation again,

Also i see that DownFanatic got his prize too. he done very well coming first last year and taken second place this year and already top favourite for 2010, i bet he made lots of money at bookies!!
Hope 3rd, 4th and 5th winners also receive their prizes too.

Like to thanks Out in Front and Newry Reporter for providing the prizes.

dundrumite

DF or the self confessed "oracle" is my favourite for 2010 also. Be interesting to see how he copes with the pressure. I have seen him wilt under the pressure of important 21 yard free kicks on that "trusty left foot" of his. However, this is a different type of pressure  ;) I am giving him odds of 3-1 for next year. Well run competition, thanks to out in front, newry reporter and particularly umpire for his running of it. Gives value to this particular forum.