Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Town Gael

Castlewellan Hurlers won the Ulster League 5 tonight- great achievement!!!

Whitehair

Quote from: Yes I Would on September 04, 2009, 10:13:21 PM
Quote from: dundrumite on September 04, 2009, 09:35:28 PM
Quote from: miss mess on September 04, 2009, 09:32:29 PM
con lavery was the ref tonight at the stone -v- bridge match.  absolute disgrace.  he was lucky there wasnt a riot there tonight.  im surprised he even let us have a draw.  final score was 2.11-2.11.  bridge had a man sent off, straight red.

Miss mess have you confused two refs there? Con Reynolds and Damine Lavery. or is there actually a Con Lavery? Just I have never heard of him.

Sure is! Bridge Street, Banbridge.. He knows how to charge!!

'Yes I Would' You've been paying my wages the last few summers... cheers! :D

Quote from: Town Gael on September 04, 2009, 11:55:08 PM

Well down Castlewellan, steadying the ship this year after a few wayward seasons.

tirnaog

Quote from: Square Ball on September 04, 2009, 10:12:30 PM
Bredagh beat Teconnaught by 3.

whats the craic with the other scores, are there any for div 3?
Saul 3-8  Drumgath 2-13

razor

Kilcoo were very lucky last night and got out of jail by getting a draw.

They played very poorly.

tirnaog

Drumgath showed a lot of character tonight by beating Saul.Again the ref was atrocious he brought two so called neutral umpires with him from Downpatrick 2 miles up the road from Saul who at half time all stood in the middle of the field and had the craic with the Saul officials,nothing intended to the Saul officials but they should have taken them selves off to the changing rooms at half time,after one of the umpires sent one of the Drumgath players off,and I have to say rightly so for striking with the elbow after he was struck with the elbow the correct decision was to send both off, the Saul man got a yellow card.The ref looked very unsure of him self all night and time and time again giving the wrong decision,he was being bartered by the Drumgath supporters he was missing obvious fouls right in front of him which only serves to create frustration in the game,don't get me wrong this was not a dirty game Saul, it has to be said just got on with their game. On the way out of the game I had to laugh as a Saul supporter who was giving the ref stick for giving a bad decision against them "come on mate what about the one hundred that went for you ",god loves a trier.
The game started off with Drumgath going in to a strong 5 point lead,but then Saul hit back with a couple of points and a goal,Saul then started to find their feet with some fast ball being played into their forward line they started to cause problems in there picking off some fine scores.The game was unfairly tipped on its head when a Drumgath defender and a Saul forward got involved in an off the ball incident with the umpire catching the Drumgath defender striking with the elbow and not seeing what the Saul player did ,or, just ignoring it the drumgath player got his marching orders and the Saul player unfairly got a yellow card.But as on many occasions this seamed to spur Drmgath on and they finished the half in the ascendancy with Saul going in at half time 2 points up.The second half started with Saul the strongest they seamed to be beating Drumgath all over the field they were now picking off points off at every attack this matched seamed to be slipping away from Drumgath as they now had to battle against an extra man two umpires and the referee.Saul then went on the attack an this time they found the net man u style.But Drumgath were not to be denied as they put their heads done and started to chip away at the six point deficient some fine moves finished over the bar and some strong running from Jack Lynch who finished off a superb move to the net combined with some excellent free taking form Mark Connelly pulled Drumgath back into this game.There were only 8 mins left on the Saul scoreboard clock when again big Jack surged up the field,a good move was finished off with Jack hitting a shot that the keeper could just palm out into the path off Cathal Grant who stuck this one away to leave Drumgath one up time ticked on and some good tackling from the Drumgath defence kept Saul from the scoring zone.Drumgath again surged up the field and just needed to keep possion a shot went wide and with the resultant kick Colm Maginn caught the ball and with a run,than more mature than his tender years slotted the ball over the bar to leave 2 points in it.This proved to be the last action of the game and a very good and a very important win for Drumgath.

tirnaog

does anyone know how the Glen v Ardglass game went

Lecale2

"REF GETS STICK AT GAA MATCH!"

Headline on the back page of today's Irish News. I didn't buy the paper. Which of our games was it referrring to?

general

glenn played the junior champ replay thurs nite tirnaog, glenn now have 2 outstanding fixtures

Glenn V Ardglass (to be played Monday 7th sept)
St Pauls V Glenn (Not sure when)

behind the wire

Quote from: Whitehair on September 04, 2009, 11:59:11 PM
Quote from: Yes I Would on September 04, 2009, 10:13:21 PM
Quote from: dundrumite on September 04, 2009, 09:35:28 PM
Quote from: miss mess on September 04, 2009, 09:32:29 PM
con lavery was the ref tonight at the stone -v- bridge match.  absolute disgrace.  he was lucky there wasnt a riot there tonight.  im surprised he even let us have a draw.  final score was 2.11-2.11.  bridge had a man sent off, straight red.

Miss mess have you confused two refs there? Con Reynolds and Damine Lavery. or is there actually a Con Lavery? Just I have never heard of him.

Sure is! Bridge Street, Banbridge.. He knows how to charge!!

'Yes I Would' You've been paying my wages the last few summers... cheers! :D

Quote from: Town Gael on September 04, 2009, 11:55:08 PM

Well down Castlewellan, steadying the ship this year after a few wayward seasons.

after reading that i thought you had started recruiting referees whitehair!
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Carbery

Quote from: Lecale2 on September 05, 2009, 09:50:12 AM

Headline on the back page of today's Irish News. I didn't buy the paper. Which of our games was it referrring to?

Why did you not buy the paper?

dundrumite

Quote from: tirnaog on September 05, 2009, 09:22:44 AM
Drumgath showed a lot of character tonight by beating Saul.Again the ref was atrocious he brought two so called neutral umpires with him from Downpatrick 2 miles up the road from Saul who at half time all stood in the middle of the field and had the craic with the Saul officials,nothing intended to the Saul officials but they should have taken them selves off to the changing rooms at half time,after one of the umpires sent one of the Drumgath players off,and I have to say rightly so for striking with the elbow after he was struck with the elbow the correct decision was to send both off, the Saul man got a yellow card.The ref looked very unsure of him self all night and time and time again giving the wrong decision,he was being bartered by the Drumgath supporters he was missing obvious fouls right in front of him which only serves to create frustration in the game,don't get me wrong this was not a dirty game Saul, it has to be said just got on with their game. On the way out of the game I had to laugh as a Saul supporter who was giving the ref stick for giving a bad decision against them "come on mate what about the one hundred that went for you ",god loves a trier.
The game started off with Drumgath going in to a strong 5 point lead,but then Saul hit back with a couple of points and a goal,Saul then started to find their feet with some fast ball being played into their forward line they started to cause problems in there picking off some fine scores.The game was unfairly tipped on its head when a Drumgath defender and a Saul forward got involved in an off the ball incident with the umpire catching the Drumgath defender striking with the elbow and not seeing what the Saul player did ,or, just ignoring it the drumgath player got his marching orders and the Saul player unfairly got a yellow card.But as on many occasions this seamed to spur Drmgath on and they finished the half in the ascendancy with Saul going in at half time 2 points up.The second half started with Saul the strongest they seamed to be beating Drumgath all over the field they were now picking off points off at every attack this matched seamed to be slipping away from Drumgath as they now had to battle against an extra man two umpires and the referee.Saul then went on the attack an this time they found the net man u style.But Drumgath were not to be denied as they put their heads done and started to chip away at the six point deficient some fine moves finished over the bar and some strong running from Jack Lynch who finished off a superb move to the net combined with some excellent free taking form Mark Connelly pulled Drumgath back into this game.There were only 8 mins left on the Saul scoreboard clock when again big Jack surged up the field,a good move was finished off with Jack hitting a shot that the keeper could just palm out into the path off Cathal Grant who stuck this one away to leave Drumgath one up time ticked on and some good tackling from the Drumgath defence kept Saul from the scoring zone.Drumgath again surged up the field and just needed to keep possion a shot went wide and with the resultant kick Colm Maginn caught the ball and with a run,than more mature than his tender years slotted the ball over the bar to leave 2 points in it.This proved to be the last action of the game and a very good and a very important win for Drumgath.

Would you be from Drumgath by any chance??  :P

tirnaog

Quote from: dundrumite on September 05, 2009, 11:25:25 AM

Woud you be from Drumgath by any chance??  :P
is it as obvious as u being from Dundrum

tirnaog

Quote from: Lecale2 on September 05, 2009, 09:50:12 AM

Ill have to check that one out but if it is referring to the Drumgath game the headline should read 'Ref deservedly gets stick at football match',I know that refs are few and far between but we have to have a certain standard and this was well below

dundrumite

Quote from: tirnaog on September 05, 2009, 11:39:58 AM
Quote from: dundrumite on September 05, 2009, 11:25:25 AM

Woud you be from Drumgath by any chance??  :P
is it as obvious as u being from Dundrum

Equally as obvious.

Quite an in depth report there, though wouldn't be the most neutral I have ever read.

Drumgath seem to have bounced back well from that defeat in Dundrum, beating Tullylish and then clawing back a 6 point deficit against Saul.

Division three is certainly competitive still, with Teconnaught and Saul battling it out to avoid joining Drumaness, St. Pauls and Aghaderg, who all look destined to be playing off to see who can keep their division three status. Likewise at the top its equally as tight, with Drumgath, Bredagh, St. Johns, Ardglass and Dundrum to a lesser extent still in contention to join Tullylish and Glenn whom look almost guaranteed to be in the top 3.

tirnaog

thats for sure ddmite I cant think of one game the whole season that you could say was an easy one ,you certainly have to scrape for everything you get in this league but it is coming to a very close battle for top and bottom play off places