Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

True Blue

Quote from: supersub on August 13, 2009, 10:17:44 AM
Its not the manager that didn't perform, its the players!

supersub as well as we both know when the 15 players cross the white line it is up to them to perform. but the management are there to make changes to their set-up when they see the need for change. from where i was sitting they didn't make any positional switches during the 9 point swing in the last 15 mins of the first half. clonduff did to counteract rostrevors dominance moving john fegan under the dropping ball, aidan carr to mid field and making sure that at least one of their halfbacks stayed in front of the defence to cut out the good ball you were using in the first 15 mins. rostrevor did make 3 substitutes at half time, strange that clerkin and mc grath taken off there were other players in line before them. they left monk cole on young mcpoiln until he was taken off but couldn't see that he would have been better used in curtailing the damage done by john fegan. colm murney was destroyed on that side and he should have been good enough to hold on to mcpolin. the dominance of fegan and carr led to your full back line being led a merry dance by ward mcconville and o'hagan.

to imply that your manager is not to blame is surely a little naive
The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost.

supersub

Fair enough about clonduff changing their tactics I would probably agree. But that doesnt alter the fact that the men who took the field and those who came on for rostrevor are/were more than capable of overturning clonduff with their potential ability!

charlie stubbs

Quote from: amallon on August 12, 2009, 11:22:36 PM
I'm assuming its the weekend of the 22nd but I haven't heard anything official yet.

Kilcoo v The Bridge will be a cracker.  Kilcoo must be big favourites, the Bryansford game will have brought them on leaps and bounds.  The Bridge will have learnt nothing against Annaclone. I hope we can stick with them for the hour.

hardly at the mind games ;)

Minus15

can anyone tell me when the finals of the Senior, Intermediate and Junior football championships are planned for at this stage?

Town Gael

I hear a few Ford fellas didn't behave themselves after losing their championship match!!!!

DownFanatic

Quote from: Minus15 on August 13, 2009, 07:42:34 PM
can anyone tell me when the finals of the Senior, Intermediate and Junior football championships are planned for at this stage?

You Glenn boys must be looking to book the Monday and Tuesday off after the JFC Final. Forward thinking there.  ;D

too long ref

Quote from: Town Gael on August 13, 2009, 09:41:11 PM
I hear a few Ford fellas didn't behave themselves after losing their championship match!!!!

explain town gael....  by the way, who did you draw in the next round, oh aye thats right, your outta here. ;D   LETS GO F**KING MENTAL, CHICKEN ORIENTAL, LALALALALALALALALA ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

DownFanatic

Attical beat An Riocht by 6 in Division 2 tonight.

Fender

Does anyone know when the venues will be confirmed for the next round of the championship??

Out in Front

Quote from: Fender on August 13, 2009, 09:58:14 PM
Does anyone know when the venues will be confirmed for the next round of the championship??

My understanding is that they are waiting to see how the minors get on this Saturday against Dublin.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: too long ref on August 13, 2009, 09:49:03 PM
Quote from: Town Gael on August 13, 2009, 09:41:11 PM

explain town gael....  by the way, who did you draw in the next round, oh aye thats right, your outta here. ;D   LETS GO F**KING MENTAL, CHICKEN ORIENTAL, LALALALALALALALALA ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I really think this subject shouldnt be discussed on the board. Its a very serious issue and am sure it will be out to the public in future days.

--
Mod Comment:
Sound advice.

Minus15

Mod Edit.

off the laces

Mod Edit.

Keeps 'er' straight

thewobbler

It just struck me there now that even should a fiendish fightback meet a calamitous collapse, the Shamrocks can't catch Ballyholland this season. Which brings a smile to my face.  :)

True Blue

Quote from: thewobbler on August 14, 2009, 08:25:35 AM
It just struck me there now that even should a fiendish fightback meet a calamitous collapse, the Shamrocks can't catch Ballyholland this season. Which brings a smile to my face.  :)

im sure that smile will widen even more if they are relegated. such great love between you both!!!!!! ;D :P
The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost.