Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mournerambler

Quote from: Out in Front on August 12, 2009, 10:38:26 PM
What weekend is the next round of championship fixtures?

I think it's from 27th-31st August

dundrumite

Some poor mind games going on here fellas  :o
There is certainly only one pete withnell

Aaron Boone

Excellent performance by Clonduff after their poor start. Very strong spine of the team starting with Paul McConville at no.2, Plunket McConville no 9 ruled midfield in commanding fashion, John Fegan no 12 was playmaker-in-chief with darting runs & using the ball brilliantly, no 24 sub Jason Brown improved things further when he came on.
Rostrevor very good for the first 10 mins when the breeze was quite strong but fell away once they started to lose midfield. Management made 3 subs at half-time after they hadn't scored for 20 mins but it didn't change things. Clonduff pulled away with most scores coming from play.

Ballyvarley easily the best in the JHC beforehand. Clonduff got two late goals to put respectability on the scoreboard.
Good crowd out in Newry, stand 3/4 full. Admission £5. Great initiative to have the quarter-final draw immediately after the final whistle, lots of counties could learn from that.

mournerambler

Quote from: Aaron Boone on August 12, 2009, 11:42:24 PM
Excellent performance by Clonduff after their poor start. Very strong spine of the team starting with Paul McConville at no.2, Plunket McConville no 9 ruled midfield in commanding fashion, John Fegan no 12 was playmaker-in-chief with darting runs & using the ball brilliantly, no 24 sub Jason Brown improved things further when he came on.
Rostrevor very good for the first 10 mins when the breeze was quite strong but fell away once they started to lose midfield. Management made 3 subs at half-time after they hadn't scored for 20 mins but it didn't change things. Clonduff pulled away with most scores coming from play.

Ballyvarley easily the best in the JHC beforehand. Clonduff got two late goals to put respectability on the scoreboard.
Good crowd out in Newry, stand 3/4 full. Admission £5. Great initiative to have the quarter-final draw immediately after the final whistle, lots of counties could learn from that.

I think their spine is a little crooked going by your observations ;D

mournerambler

Does anyone know how to get rid of that pop-up that keeps appearing on the Down GAA website, i've tried clicking on the 'don't show me this message again' box but to no avail?

norabeag

Quote from: mournerambler on August 12, 2009, 11:50:05 PM
Does anyone know how to get rid of that pop-up that keeps appearing on the Down GAA website, i've tried clicking on the 'don't show me this message again' box but to no avail?
Its been driving me mad for three nights now

umpire

Last meetings of  these quarter finalist.

2006 Semi final
Kilcoo 1.9 Mayobridge 0.13

2005 First Round
Liatriom 1.10 Clonduff 0.4

Don't have any record for the other 2 quarter finalist.

Square Ball

those pop ups are a pain in the hole, and at 13/2 Kilcoo were a great bet
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

True Blue

the implosion of the year. rostrevor were brilliant for the first 15 min clonduff couldnt get their hands on the ball and then gave an exhibition of football for the next 45 only allowing the reds to score 1 point from a free. in fact rostrevor went from scoring 1-5 in the first 15 mins and didnt score for the next 40 mins. unbelievable. a bit like bryansford v kilcoo, no plan B when clonduff put it up to them. dont know what happened rostrevor although i did say they lacked in the mid field area and would have to survive on break ball but clonduff were much hungrier. would have to question the rostrevor management. how they left murney on john fegan for the last 15 min of the 1st half was startling. he stood in around the middle on his own picking up the loose ball and driving into the heart of rostrevors defence. he was involved in most of the scores that brought them from 6 down to 3 up by ht.
also the entire half forwrd line were always inside their own half no link to their full forwards at all.

interesting 1/4 final draw one of the big 2 will be out, burren will fancy themselves beating saval, clonduff will hope to have a similiar display against liatriom and you can toss a coin for the island and kingdom
The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost.

bredaghgael

Regular guest Joe Brolly will be joined this year by fellow Derry man and Antrim Football Manager Liam Bradley,
Armagh's Oisin Mc Conville and Cork's All-Ireland Hurling winning Captain in 1990,RTE Hurling analyst Tomás Mulcahy.
Other guests will be confirmed closer to the event
Throw-in @ 8.30pm and MC for the event will be Jerome Quinn.

Tickets £10 to include entry to a draw for two All-Ireland Hurling Final tickets and two All-Ireland Football Final tickets

T O Hare

Thats some result for the yellows, the super reds fancied themselves this year and thought they had the manager in place to do so!!! Jarlath Austin has been a massive loss to thrm in previous years!!!

Some even draws in the quarter finals!!!! A toss of the coin between any of the four games!!!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

supersub

Still in shock from last nights match and result. Cant believe we couldnt muster one score from play in 50 odd minutes! Started very well and faded very badly. Clonduff just took over and were superb in the second half, although our boys allowed the to consistently waltz through. Thought fegan and ohagan were brilliant and never stopped running. Just a point on them fancying themselves, i dont think the team would have been cocky and amongst the supporters i wouldnt be suprised if some of them are happy because it gives them something to complain about - sad, but not far from the truth from what is heard on the bank everyweek!

Overthebar!

Quote from: supersub on August 13, 2009, 09:30:05 AM
Still in shock from last nights match and result. Cant believe we couldnt muster one score from play in 50 odd minutes! Started very well and faded very badly. Clonduff just took over and were superb in the second half, although our boys allowed the to consistently waltz through. Thought fegan and ohagan were brilliant and never stopped running. Just a point on them fancying themselves, i dont think the team would have been cocky and amongst the supporters i wouldnt be suprised if some of them are happy because it gives them something to complain about - sad, but not far from the truth from what is heard on the bank everyweek!

will rafferty be sticking around next year supersub? would have exprected more from him for the money he is getting...

supersub

Its not the manager that didnt perform, its the players!

5 Sams

Quote from: amallon on August 12, 2009, 11:22:36 PM
I'm assuming its the weekend of the 22nd but I haven't heard anything official yet.

Kilcoo v The Bridge will be a cracker.  Kilcoo must be big favourites, the Bryansford game will have brought them on leaps and bounds.  The Bridge will have learnt nothing against Annaclone. I hope we can stick with them for the hour.

Do I detect a hint of cute hoorism from the bridge ;)
The Aristocrat Years