Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

Paul Murphy sais to me last night that county players can play this Friday night. I presume that's coming from Ross.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: supersub on June 25, 2009, 12:42:33 PM
Quote from: corn02 on June 25, 2009, 12:39:53 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on June 25, 2009, 12:38:44 PM
I was led to believe that Friday nights games were starred. Anyone confirm for definite?

What's starred lads, county players available?

It means county players cannot play! Well our match was moved to last night and was starred but Colm Murney got permission to play from Ross as he is just coming back from injury! So I presume all tomorow nights matchs are starred!

Its a joke starring players with over a week to a game against London. That means 3 games in a row clubs not having their top players available assuming we beat the exiles. Surely it would make more sence to give the lads games rather than wrapping them up in cotton wool for a game against London. Hope what wobbler says is correct and the players are available to their clubs.

lfdown2

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on June 25, 2009, 12:54:46 PM
I was led to believe that Friday nights games were starred. Anyone confirm for definite?

It means county players cannot play! Well our match was moved to last night and was starred but Colm Murney got permission to play from Ross as he is just coming back from injury! So I presume all tomorow nights matchs are starred!

Its a joke starring players with over a week to a game against London. That means 3 games in a row clubs not having their top players available assuming we beat the exiles. Surely it would make more sence to give the lads games rather than wrapping them up in cotton wool for a game against London. Hope what wobbler says is correct and the players are available to their clubs.

aye but at least it means even more clubs can talk about being understrength...

T O Hare

I hope Ross does not underestimate London, This game is not a walk in the park!!!! Galway beat London 1.18 to 1.7.. Eleven points is not a massive score!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: lfdown2 on June 25, 2009, 01:01:43 PM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on June 25, 2009, 12:54:46 PM

aye but at least it means even more clubs can talk about being understrength...

Well the same understrength Kilcoo team hammered Liatriom at full strength so its not an excuse when winning without many regulars.

DownFanatic

Who has PJ Magee managed in Down club football?

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: DownFanatic on June 25, 2009, 03:00:59 PM

Liatriom a good few years back as well as Longstone and Rostrevor in last 15 years.

DownFanatic

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on June 25, 2009, 03:13:17 PM

Liatriom a good few years back as well as Longstone and Rostrevor in last 15 years.

Did he manage the Stone to an IFC and Rostrevor to a SFC?

supersub

Yeh one of the best managers to ever be over rostrevor!!

T O Hare

Quote from: supersub on June 25, 2009, 03:17:13 PM

Better than Rafferty????? ;D ;)
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: DownFanatic on June 25, 2009, 03:16:26 PM

Did he manage the Stone to an IFC and Rostrevor to a SFC?

He did yeah. Rostrevor in 1998 and the stone the early 2000's.

supersub

Quote from: T O Hare on June 25, 2009, 04:35:52 PM
Quote from: supersub on June 25, 2009, 03:17:13 PM

Better than Rafferty????? ;D ;)

Time will tell ;)

D4S

Liatroim 0-13
Longstone 0-15

Another good 2 points away from home, the Stone up to 4th in the table now on score difference!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

DownFanatic

Quote from: D4S on June 25, 2009, 09:05:37 PM
Liatroim 0-13
Longstone 0-15

Another good 2 points away from home, the Stone up to 4th in the table now on score difference!

I hear Ryan Kelly is playing some stuff. Is he good enough for county senior?

Dubh driocht

Quote from: passedit on June 24, 2009, 10:06:05 PM
DUBH, I suspect DBB has a real beef about this as he registered specificly to moan about it. I was being flippant as I see the money as well spent to be rid of the little monster for ten days  ;). I am however interested in the criteria for future reference, anywhere I can find it?

There was a detailed form , with questions on involvement in the club(inc.scor) or county ,details of school, name of team coach and previous grants/scholarships etc. The sum involved is 1/6th of the cost.I applied 3 years ago and never heard a word so the form seems like a good move and ideal for begrudgers like DBB.Did anyone who completed the form not get anything ? BTW, 2 year ago Bredagh won the County U16 B Hurling championship and our captain delivered his entire acceptance speech as Gaeilge.Does anyone know if this has ever happened before or since, at any level? So , money well spent.