Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maldini

does anyone know the rules for eligibilty of players for the reserve championship for thirds teams?

passedit

Quote from: maldini on June 23, 2009, 11:07:35 AM
does anyone know the rules for eligibilty of players for the reserve championship for thirds teams?

Mustn't have played any higher grade of championship last year. That's it AFAIK.

Don't Panic

thewobbler

QuoteMustn't have played any higher grade of championship last year. That's it AFAIK.

Nearly there passedit

Mustn't have played any higher grade of championship this season or last in County Down. The one exception to this is when a team regrades from All County Reserve Championship to Reserve Championship. In this case players from that club who haven't played Senior, Intermediate or Junior Championship this season or last are eligible.

supersub

Are castlewellen in the PRFC this year because they won the RFC last year or does it not work like that?

No1

Don't think it works like that.  I'd say their seconds will play PRFC and their thirds will play RFC.

I take it the EDRFL fixtures in today's paper will be put back a week so they don't clash with the RFC fixtures taking place this weekend?

supersub

Sorry i forgot that they had a seconds and a thirds team, I was thinking the team that won the RFC was their 2nds!!

spiritof91and94

Quote from: No1 on June 23, 2009, 03:28:54 PM
Don't think it works like that.  I'd say their seconds will play PRFC and their thirds will play RFC.

I take it the EDRFL fixtures in today's paper will be put back a week so they don't clash with the RFC fixtures taking place this weekend?

Yeah they are off on Sunday but it was another classic example of our admin not working together - why is the C'ship not on Sunday?

observer

Quote from: bredaghgael86 on June 19, 2009, 01:49:06 PM
Quote from: down_born_bred on June 18, 2009, 12:24:32 PM
Quote from: bredaghgael86 on June 17, 2009, 12:19:23 PM
Quote from: down_born_bred on June 17, 2009, 08:55:31 AM
Quote from: DaddyLongLegs on June 03, 2009, 12:23:47 PM
Have to agree with An Cloch Scoilte re Leos post - Leo, your just an idiot who hasnt the intelligence to learn a bit of Irish - there only 50 odd clubs in Down - it's a poor reflection on you if you cant work out what their names are in Irish when they're written down in front of you, even though there may be the odd spelling mistake (as can happen in englsih - sorry Leo you probably couldnt work that one out so I'll try again - english).

An Cloch Scoilte - I see the St Marys team beat Glenn yesterday evening. If I remember correctly some of the regular posters didnt know who St Marys were ::) and some tube (T. O'Hare, I think) thought it was a handy draw for Glenn!!. ::) Wonder how handy Glenn feel about it this morning?  :-\They'll be away home with their tails between their legs to lick their wounds..... :) :) :)

Hopefully after the awarding of the Down GAA Gaeltacht Grants we'll have 38 extra people who can translate the club names.

Can grants be awarded to people in Down Cllubs who live outside the county - Bredagh St Michaels etc?

When did we move out of down? jesus i must have been sleeping for a while as i didnt hear anything about this. ;)

Oops - just asking a question ............

but it would be news that all your members were born and currently live in our beloved county!

how many teams dont have a couple of blow in's? admitedly we may have more than most being in the city, but look at both our senior football and senior hurling teams and you will see that they are made up mostly of bredagh natives.

Congratulations to John Devaney (Irish and Culture Officer with Down GAA Board – Bredagh and Eamon Mac Ruairí (Down GAA Irish Language Committee – Carryduff) on all the work they have put in on the promotion of the Irish Language in the North of our county.

It was nice to see it rewarded with eight grants going to Carryduff & four to Bredagh.

As John says 'we are keen to promote the benefits to all young people, regardless of their knowledge or proficiency of the language.'

Congratulations to all below who received the grants.

Orla McCrickard Castlewellan            Emma Boyle Carryduff            Lauren McKiernan Carryduff              Katie Magorrian Carryduff         
Hannah Magorrian CarryduffLaura McGeough Carryduff                Eoghain Rogers Carryduff                Anthony Laverty Liatroim                        Ruairí Campbell Ballyholland + Newry Shamrocks
Cillín Morgan Drumaness         Laura Fletcher Aghaderg         Tiarnáin Curran Bredagh         Micheál Ó Rourke Liatroim
Claren Owens Bryansford         Matthew Nugent Loughinisland    James Lavery Carryduff          Seán Ó Coileain Downpatrick
Caoimhe Fitzpatrick Burren              Tiarnáin Ó Corráin Downpatrick  Sharon Farrell Burren           Philip Cassidy Drumaness
Conor Francis Bredagh           Alana Zimmerman Drumgath                Roisin Murray Bredagh           Michillín Ní Fhloinn Loughinisland
Mark McConville Carryduff               Sarah King Bryansford           Sarah Carvill An Riocht         Clodagh Murray Loughinisland
Declan Turley Downpatrick               Teresa Marsden St Michaels              Catherine Marsden St Michaels   Lucy Doran Bredagh
Ruairí Keenan Ballyholland              Feidhlim Macauley Aghaderg/Ballyvarley                          Oisín Lynch Newry Shamrocks
Siofra Bradley Teconnaught              Ben Rafferty An Riocht         

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on June 23, 2009, 03:32:37 PM
Quote from: No1 on June 23, 2009, 03:28:54 PM

Yeah they are off on Sunday but it was another classic example of our admin not working together - why is the C'ship not on Sunday?

ID say its to ensure players cant field for there thirds teams first who would be available explaining why Premier reserve is played a day earlier.

No1

QuoteRuairí Campbell Ballyholland + Newry Shamrocks

5 Sams or thewobbler, what's that one all about?!

lfdown2

Quote from: No1 on June 23, 2009, 09:30:25 PM
QuoteRuairí Campbell Ballyholland + Newry Shamrocks

5 Sams or thewobbler, what's that one all about?!

could be wrong but i would imagine football and hurling

passedit

Football and hurling no1. Can anyone tell me the criteria here as I hv a dual player heading off to the gaeltacht the mara paid for by the passedit grants comittees. Do you need a club member on the other  grants comittee?
Don't Panic

Leo

Quote from: DaddyLongLegs on June 03, 2009, 12:23:47 PM
Have to agree with An Cloch Scoilte re Leos post - Leo, your just an idiot who hasnt the intelligence to learn a bit of Irish - there only 50 odd clubs in Down - it's a poor reflection on you if you cant work out what their names are in Irish when they're written down in front of you, even though there may be the odd spelling mistake (as can happen in englsih - sorry Leo you probably couldnt work that one out so I'll try again - english).

Had to rebuke myself for being an unintelligent  idiot when GAA President Christy Cooney (make that Criostor O'Coineain) at the Qualifier Draw on Sunday referred to Cill Mantain as Westmeath!
Fierce tame altogether

No1

Football and hurling would make sense right enough!

Ballyholland men with sticks....... :o  ;D

johnneycool

Quote from: No1 on June 24, 2009, 10:48:03 AM
Football and hurling would make sense right enough!

Ballyholland men with sticks....... :o  ;D

No worse that Kilclief men with sticks!  ;)