Previous topic - Next topic

spiritof91and94

Quote from: T O Hare on June 02, 2009, 02:45:39 PM
Quote from: spiritof91and94 on June 02, 2009, 01:33:16 PM
Quote from: T O Hare on June 02, 2009, 12:27:42 PM
Quote from: spiritof91and94 on June 02, 2009, 11:57:23 AM
Quote from: Leo on June 01, 2009, 10:16:54 AM
Quote from: SouthDownHero on May 30, 2009, 09:50:45 PM
Michael Walsh and John Clarke week in week out continously put in excellent performances for their clubs. Considering some of the players who managed to make the panel (not naming names but we know there are a few who will never be county football material) it really has become farcical they cant make the panel at the very least. Its clearly not footballing reasons but in Down we dont have the talent at the minute to cope with these two players missing.

In the early 90's Shorty Treanor was not on the panel but we had enough in reserve to cope. The well is empty so something must be done to bring these players into the fold.

Someone earlier in this thread referred to John Clarke's performance as "awesome". I used the exact same phrase after seeing him against Shamrocks. Haven't seen the Bridge this year but keep hearing positive things  about Walsh's performances. If Ross has better than these in his squad he is hiding them to good effect.

Why is everyone banging the Clarke and Walsh drum - both tried many times before and failed at County level - Carr and Kane obviously read this site and have bowed to pressure.
Ciaran Brannigan is the best scoring corner forward in division one and I challenge anyone on this,  he is definately a better option than McComiskey (going on form) as no doubt alot of critics will comeback back about his height.

Walsh would not be far away with his 2.26 for this season!!!!!
Brannigan has been scoring well but the day after we played the Ford, Branigan was found in the Aughnagun road, He was still in Gavins Barrys pocket ;D ;D ;D

Typical reply i suppose...
Note that you have dropped the quest for Grant to return - possibly after Kearney destroyed him on that particular night!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Maybe if he is back it may keep things in perspective two nights before the qualifiers and certain individuals will be able to control themselves ;)unlike the Fermanagh game ;)

I would not believe all the rumours you hear around Newcastle Spirit!!!!! Because they are usually Bullshit :D ;)

Really????? Actually heard it from a south down source.

dundrumite

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on June 02, 2009, 02:54:08 PM
Quote from: T O Hare on June 02, 2009, 02:45:39 PM
Quote from: spiritof91and94 on June 02, 2009, 01:33:16 PM
Quote from: T O Hare on June 02, 2009, 12:27:42 PM
Quote from: spiritof91and94 on June 02, 2009, 11:57:23 AM
Quote from: Leo on June 01, 2009, 10:16:54 AM
Quote from: SouthDownHero on May 30, 2009, 09:50:45 PM
Michael Walsh and John Clarke week in week out continously put in excellent performances for their clubs. Considering some of the players who managed to make the panel (not naming names but we know there are a few who will never be county football material) it really has become farcical they cant make the panel at the very least. Its clearly not footballing reasons but in Down we dont have the talent at the minute to cope with these two players missing.

In the early 90's Shorty Treanor was not on the panel but we had enough in reserve to cope. The well is empty so something must be done to bring these players into the fold.

Someone earlier in this thread referred to John Clarke's performance as "awesome". I used the exact same phrase after seeing him against Shamrocks. Haven't seen the Bridge this year but keep hearing positive things  about Walsh's performances. If Ross has better than these in his squad he is hiding them to good effect.

Why is everyone banging the Clarke and Walsh drum - both tried many times before and failed at County level - Carr and Kane obviously read this site and have bowed to pressure.
Ciaran Brannigan is the best scoring corner forward in division one and I challenge anyone on this,  he is definately a better option than McComiskey (going on form) as no doubt alot of critics will comeback back about his height.

Walsh would not be far away with his 2.26 for this season!!!!!
Brannigan has been scoring well but the day after we played the Ford, Branigan was found in the Aughnagun road, He was still in Gavins Barrys pocket ;D ;D ;D

Typical reply i suppose...
Note that you have dropped the quest for Grant to return - possibly after Kearney destroyed him on that particular night!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Maybe if he is back it may keep things in perspective two nights before the qualifiers and certain individuals will be able to control themselves ;)unlike the Fermanagh game ;)

I would not believe all the rumours you hear around Newcastle Spirit!!!!! Because they are usually Bullshit :D ;)

Really????? Actually heard it from a south down source.

Claws are out  ;D ;D ;D

T O Hare

Defo aren't out!!!! Just clarifying that rumours that circulate about certain Down players aren't always true!!!!!!
And what spirit is referring to is a rumour which is 100% bullshit because i was there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

dundrumite

Quote from: T O Hare on June 02, 2009, 04:40:47 PM
Defo aren't out!!!! Just clarifying that rumours that circulate about certain Down players aren't always true!!!!!!
And what spirit is referring to is a rumour which is 100% bullshit because i was there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Funny you should mention rumours, think it was a Justin Mc Nulty article I read in the Irish News about the rumours that circulate about players within Armagh. With his favourites rumours being " sure he won't be playing he had a fall out with the manager" and " him hes not worth a f@@k, all he wants to do is booze." Must say they are rife in Down and are what a lot of people on this forum base their opinions on.... RUMOURS....

D4S

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on June 02, 2009, 02:52:06 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on June 02, 2009, 02:17:17 PM
Ciaran Brannigan is a fine footballer and a game fella, but to be honest Spirit I couldn't see him making a Championship team ahead of the first 9-10 forwards available currently.

fair enough wobbler.
I put the case forward for him as at present he is in top form (2.2 v longstone, 0.06 v castlewellan,0.05 v kilcoo an example) tell me a player in better scoring form. 

Ryan Kelly from Longstone scored 1-6 against Warrenpoint and 2-10 against Saval in the last couple of weeks (accepted these 2 teams are near the bottom of the league - but we are only sitting 5th from bottom ourselves)!  I wouldn't be calling for him to be on the Down panel as we'd miss him too much for the club.  Got AI minor medal 2005 corner forward.

Good highlights in the youtube link above T O' Hare, some good scores and as mentioned by ITOB great backdrop for a match on a summers evenin, just a pity about the result.  Hopefully get Barry Doran back sooner rather than later and Ambrose back to full fitness and try and get a decent run in the championship.  Liatroim 1st round will be tough, as it was last year, beaten in replay.
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

DownFanatic

Down Minor B FC 1st Round

St Josephs (Ballykinlar/Dundrum)  2-13   St Colmans (Aghaderg, St Michaels, Tullylish) 2-10

Heard Bryansford lost to Kilcoo in the A Championship

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

DownFanatic

Tuesday 02nd June 2009
Minor Football A Championship

Team 1 Score Score Team 2 Venue Comment   

Clann na Banna  0-9 4-15 Loughinisland  Clann na Banna Round One 
Warrenpoint  1-9 1-7 Mayobridge  Warrenpoint Round Two 
Carryduff  2-14 0-5 Ardglass  Carryduff Round Two 
Burren  4-11 0-2 An Riocht  Castlewellan Round Two 
Kilcoo  1-23 1-11 Bryansford  Kilcoo Round Two 
Bredagh  1-7 0-11 Clonduff  Bredagh Round Two 

Minor B Championship 2009

Castlewellan  3-19 2-9 Annaclone  Castlewellan Round Two 
St Josephs 2-13  2-10 St Colmans  Dundrum Round Two

Monday 01st June 2009

O'Neills Down SFL Division 1

Warrenpoint  0-14 3-10 Liatriom  Warrenpoint Round 8 

O'Neills Down SFL Division 2

Clann na Banna  0-10 0-11 Glasdrumman  Clann na Banna Round 7 

O'Neills Down SFL Division 3

St Johns  2-9 2-10 Drumaness  St Johns Round 8

Mid Down Gael

Kilcoo 1-23 Bryansford 1-11. Pure class.

Lecale2

ACHL Div 1: Shamrocks 1-09 3-11 Bredagh

DownFanatic

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on June 02, 2009, 09:35:39 PM

Thats some result. The Ford have about four Down Minors. Looks like Kilcoo and Burren are the favourites for the A now.

supersub

Think rostrevors game against drumaness in the B championship  was called off tonight - whether that down to drumaness not being able to field or something else i dont know.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: DownFanatic on June 02, 2009, 09:44:45 PM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on June 02, 2009, 09:35:39 PM

Thats some result. The Ford have about four Down Minors. Looks like Kilcoo and Burren are the favourites for the A now.

Yeah Kilcoo gave the total team performance tonight. Rumour has it that two players where called into Down minor panel after game. Ballyholland have a decent minor side this year too.

Lecale2

Down "POWERADE" Minor Football Championship Result's
"A" Championship
Rinn Mhic Giolla Rua   1-09   V   Droichead Mhaigh Eo   1-07
Ceathru Aodh Dhuibh   2-14   V   Ard Ghlais   0-05
Noamh Eoin Bosco   2-07   V   Seomrogai an Iuir   0-20
Boireann   4-11   V   An Riocht   0-02
Cill Chua   1-23   V   Ath Bhriain   1-11
Bredach   1-07   V   Cluain Diamh   0-11
Noamh Mhuire   2-08   V   An Ghleann   0-08

"B" Championship

Caislean an Mhuillin   3-19   V   Eanach Cluana   2-09
Caislean Ruairi   W/O   V   Droim an Easa   D/F
Cill Breachtain   D/F   V   Noamh Eoin   W/O
Cill Dara   W/O   V   Noamh Pol    D/F
Noamh Seosamh   2-13   V   Noamh Colmans   2-10

Leo

Quote from: Lecale2 on June 02, 2009, 10:39:53 PM
Down "POWERADE" Minor Football Championship Result's
"A" Championship
Rinn Mhic Giolla Rua   1-09   V   Droichead Mhaigh Eo   1-07
Ceathru Aodh Dhuibh   2-14   V   Ard Ghlais   0-05
Noamh Eoin Bosco   2-07   V   Seomrogai an Iuir   0-20
Boireann   4-11   V   An Riocht   0-02
Cill Chua   1-23   V   Ath Bhriain   1-11
Bredach   1-07   V   Cluain Diamh   0-11
Noamh Mhuire   2-08   V   An Ghleann   0-08

"B" Championship

Caislean an Mhuillin   3-19   V   Eanach Cluana   2-09
Caislean Ruairi   W/O   V   Droim an Easa   D/F
Cill Breachtain   D/F   V   Noamh Eoin   W/O
Cill Dara   W/O   V   Noamh Pol    D/F
Noamh Seosamh   2-13   V   Noamh Colmans   2-10

What is it with this nonesense of trying to publish championship fixtures and results in Irish? Apart from the incorrect spelling of many club names it denies information to those who have no Irish (that is most of us).
Thus the attempt fails to promote our games and also fails to promote the language, and is at a stroke contrary to two objectives of the GAA.
I've lost count of the many times some GAA neighbours from Armagh have asked me about senior championship games in Down they want to attend but couldn't find the fixtures in the paper.
By all means have the dual language information in match programmes but this is silly silly meaningless counter-productive stuff.
Fierce tame altogether