Kilcoo    v    Loughinisland    G Brannigan
Carryduff    v    Castlewellan    J Killen

U-18 Football League Section "B" 2009 Round  Eight
Drumaness    v    Ardglass    J McMullan
St, John's    v    Cill Breactain    M Lynch
Cill Darrach    v    St. Joseph's    P Brannigan

T O Hare

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygdsOGlbvNM&feature=channel_page

Highlights from Mayobridge and Longstone, keep an eye out for Mickey Walsh!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Joe Umbrella (hey)

Quote from: T O Hare on June 01, 2009, 06:09:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygdsOGlbvNM&feature=channel_page

Highlights from Mayobridge and Longstone, keep an eye out for Mickey Walsh!!!!

Those oul boys from Longstone in the backround sure loved the ref!

Theres a thread somewhere else suggesting that maybe Carr has recalled Walsh, is it true or is just another useless rumour?

DownFanatic

Heard Drumaness beat St Johns tonight in Division 3 by a point.

lfdown2

In the Onion Bag

Quote from: T O Hare Highlights from Mayobridge and Longstone, keep an eye out for Mickey Walsh!!!!
/quote]

Tom that another great video.  Was very impressed by the stunning scenery that that is the backdrop to the Bridge's pitch, truly awesome.

supersub

Twas longstones pitch i do believe! Micky Walsh took some super scores. Is it true about him and the down panel? Anyone know?

umpire

Assuming that Liatriom won by 5 against W.Point tonight
Latest update league table and compare with 2008 after 8 games
2009 Div one table after 8 games
P   W   D   L   Pts     SD   Teams
8   6   1   1   13     22   Mayobridge
8   6   0   2   12     16   Castlewellan
8   5   1   2   11     26   Liatroim
8   5   1   2   11      7   Burren
8   4   2   2   10     13   Bryansford
8   5   0   3   10     12   Kilcoo
8   5   0   3   10      4   Rostrevor
8   4   1   3     9     20   Longstone
8   3   0   5     6   -25   Saval
8   1   1   6     3   -21   Clonduff
8   0   1   7     1   -49   Warrenpoint
8   0   0   8     0   -25   Loughinisland

2008 Div one table after 8 games.
P   W   D   L   Pts     SD   Teams
8   8   0   0   16     60   Mayobridge
8   5   1   2   11     42   Kilcoo
8   5   0   3   10      2   Longstone
8   5   0   3   10     -2   Clonduff
8   5   0   3   10     -5   Loughinisland
8   4   1   3     9     -6   Rostrevor
8   4   0   4     8     -9   Burren
8   3   1   4     7     10   Castlewellan
8   2   2   4     6   -10   Saval
8   2   1   5     5   -10   Ballyholland
8   1   0   7     2   -26   Liatroim
8   1   0   7     2   -46   An Riocht

TheClutch

Good to see Drumaness beating St.Johns. This should ruffle their feathers i believe and their good run of the season i hope is over. All credit to them for a great start to the year, but i still cant see them being serious promotion candidates for this year
2017 Championship Prediction League Winner 8)

spiritof91and94

Quote from: Leo on June 01, 2009, 10:16:54 AM
Quote from: SouthDownHero on May 30, 2009, 09:50:45 PM
Michael Walsh and John Clarke week in week out continously put in excellent performances for their clubs. Considering some of the players who managed to make the panel (not naming names but we know there are a few who will never be county football material) it really has become farcical they cant make the panel at the very least. Its clearly not footballing reasons but in Down we dont have the talent at the minute to cope with these two players missing.

In the early 90's Shorty Treanor was not on the panel but we had enough in reserve to cope. The well is empty so something must be done to bring these players into the fold.

Someone earlier in this thread referred to John Clarke's performance as "awesome". I used the exact same phrase after seeing him against Shamrocks. Haven't seen the Bridge this year but keep hearing positive things  about Walsh's performances. If Ross has better than these in his squad he is hiding them to good effect.

Why is everyone banging the Clarke and Walsh drum - both tried many times before and failed at County level - Carr and Kane obviously read this site and have bowed to pressure.
Ciaran Brannigan is the best scoring corner forward in division one and I challenge anyone on this,  he is definately a better option than McComiskey (going on form) as no doubt alot of critics will comeback back about his height.

T O Hare

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on June 02, 2009, 11:57:23 AM
Michael Walsh and John Clarke week in week out continously put in excellent performances for their clubs. Considering some of the players who managed to make the panel (not naming names but we know there are a few who will never be county football material) it really has become farcical they cant make the panel at the very least. Its clearly not footballing reasons but in Down we dont have the talent at the minute to cope with these two players missing.

In the early 90's Shorty Treanor was not on the panel but we had enough in reserve to cope. The well is empty so something must be done to bring these players into the fold.

Someone earlier in this thread referred to John Clarke's performance as "awesome". I used the exact same phrase after seeing him against Shamrocks. Haven't seen the Bridge this year but keep hearing positive things  about Walsh's performances. If Ross has better than these in his squad he is hiding them to good effect.

Why is everyone banging the Clarke and Walsh drum - both tried many times before and failed at County level - Carr and Kane obviously read this site and have bowed to pressure.
Ciaran Brannigan is the best scoring corner forward in division one and I challenge anyone on this,  he is definately a better option than McComiskey (going on form) as no doubt alot of critics will comeback back about his height.

Walsh would not be far away with his 2.26 for this season!!!!!
Brannigan has been scoring well but the day after we played the Ford, Branigan was found in the Aughnagun road, He was still in Gavins Barrys pocket ;D ;D ;D

spiritof91and94

Quote from: T O Hare on June 02, 2009, 12:27:42 PM

Brannigan has been scoring well but the day after we played the Ford, Branigan was found in the Aughnagun road, He was still in Gavins Barrys pocket ;D ;D ;D

Typical reply i suppose...
Note that you have dropped the quest for Grant to return - possibly after Kearney destroyed him on that particular night!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Maybe if he is back it may keep things in perspective two nights before the qualifiers and certain individuals will be able to control themselves ;)unlike the Fermanagh game ;)

thewobbler

Ciaran Brannigan is a fine footballer and a game fella, but to be honest Spirit I couldn't see him making a Championship team ahead of the first 9-10 forwards available currently.

T O Hare

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on June 02, 2009, 01:33:16 PM
Quote from: T O Hare on June 02, 2009, 12:27:42 PM

Typical reply i suppose...
Note that you have dropped the quest for Grant to return - possibly after Kearney destroyed him on that particular night!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Maybe if he is back it may keep things in perspective two nights before the qualifiers and certain individuals will be able to control themselves ;)unlike the Fermanagh game ;)

I would not believe all the rumours you hear around Newcastle Spirit!!!!! Because they are usually Bullshit :D ;)

spiritof91and94

Quote from: thewobbler on June 02, 2009, 02:17:17 PM
Ciaran Brannigan is a fine footballer and a game fella, but to be honest Spirit I couldn't see him making a Championship team ahead of the first 9-10 forwards available currently.

fair enough wobbler.
I put the case forward for him as at present he is in top form (2.2 v longstone, 0.06 v castlewellan,0.05 v kilcoo an example) tell me a player in better scoring form.