Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Quote from: the derg on May 23, 2009, 12:32:44 PM
Aghaderg had their fist win of the season on friday some posters on here seen to think that we will be the whipping boys of div 3 but we are a small club who rely heavily on a number of individuals but  i can tell you all if we have our full team out and we begin to get a wee bit of confidence then we will survive in that division it will be interesting to see how we do against our "superior" neighbours next FRIDAY maybe we should give them the points !!

you seem to have run them very close last night, any report?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

mournerambler

Any updates on the Minor game?

thewobbler

Down winning by 3 with 10 minutes left.

It's on fivefm.co.uk

DaUmpire

Got a text to say minors won by a point

T O Hare

Mayobridge's Kevin McClorey got the winner ;) Last night games between ourselves and the Stone was the best game i seen this year.. Benny was back and scored a goal and a few points from left half forward and Mickey Walsh had another stormer for us getting 0.7, He oozes class!!!!!!! the stone are an exciting team and have some great forwards!!! They will be one to watch later in the year!!!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Mid Down Gael

Thought the Down half back line of Kevin McClorey, Ciaran McClean and Paddy Boyle was superb today.
Heard Mickey Walsh was immence last night for the bridge. It has got to beyond a joke why he is not centre half forward for Down. For not selecting this man Ross deserves to go.

SouthDownHero

Michael Walsh and John Clarke week in week out continously put in excellent performances for their clubs. Considering some of the players who managed to make the panel (not naming names but we know there are a few who will never be county football material) it really has become farcical they cant make the panel at the very least. Its clearly not footballing reasons but in Down we dont have the talent at the minute to cope with these two players missing.

In the early 90's Shorty Treanor was not on the panel but we had enough in reserve to cope. The well is empty so something must be done to bring these players into the fold.

NedFlanders

"Colgan looks badly out of shape" No1 your joking, right?

DownFanatic

Any word on the Feis 7's in East Down today?

Did the East Down board make the Junior teams play on the full size pitch in Bright again?

Square Ball

Quote from: DownFanatic on May 31, 2009, 09:06:52 PM

Did the East Down board make the Junior teams play on the full size pitch in Bright again?

Ardglass won it DF
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

dundrumite

Quote from: DownFanatic on May 31, 2009, 09:06:52 PM

As far as I know they did  :o

The Corporal

Bryansford won the Senior East Down Feis 7's in Ballykinlar last night

DownFanatic

Anybody the East Down fixtures?

Need them urgently

No1

Quote"Colgan looks badly out of shape" No1 your joking, right?

I wasn't, I thought he was totally outplayed by his opposite number!  I take it you disagree?

Leo

Quote from: SouthDownHero on May 30, 2009, 09:50:45 PM
Michael Walsh and John Clarke week in week out continously put in excellent performances for their clubs. Considering some of the players who managed to make the panel (not naming names but we know there are a few who will never be county football material) it really has become farcical they cant make the panel at the very least. Its clearly not footballing reasons but in Down we dont have the talent at the minute to cope with these two players missing.

In the early 90's Shorty Treanor was not on the panel but we had enough in reserve to cope. The well is empty so something must be done to bring these players into the fold.

Someone earlier in this thread referred to John Clarke's performance as "awesome". I used the exact same phrase after seeing him against Shamrocks. Haven't seen the Bridge this year but keep hearing positive things  about Walsh's performances. If Ross has better than these in his squad he is hiding them to good effect.
Fierce tame altogether