Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NedFlanders

Anthony Rogers is a good young referee comming through the ranks!

Mickey Linden

Any thoughts on saturdays game against Tipp lads? Id expect Down to win this comfortabelty enough!

stpauls

Quote from: Mickey Linden on April 22, 2009, 02:29:06 PM
Any thoughts on saturdays game against Tipp lads? Id expect Down to win this comfortabelty enough!

forgot about that game, are Friday nights games going to be starred then?

DownFanatic

Quote from: stpauls on April 22, 2009, 02:32:51 PM

I believe they are starred.

PS - St Pauls, our Minors are in the same section of the Minor League as you boys. Heard you's have pulled out? Can you confirm?
Saul have already pulled out and it is causing havoc with fixtures.

The lower sections of Minor football has been dying on its knees in East Down these past few years. I think until 13-a-side is introduced or more amalgamations take place at minor level the same trend is going to happen year after year.

stpauls

Quote from: DownFanatic on April 22, 2009, 03:06:08 PM
Quote from: stpauls on April 22, 2009, 02:32:51 PM

I believe they are starred.

PS - St Pauls, our Minors are in the same section of the Minor League as you boys. Heard you's have pulled out? Can you confirm?
Saul have already pulled out and it is causing havoc with fixtures.

The lower sections of Minor football has been dying on its knees in East Down these past few years. I think until 13-a-side is introduced or more amalgamations take place at minor level the same trend is going to happen year after year.

i think they were starred in the provisional list at the start of the year so i presume that the original fixtures down for this Friday are the ones going to be played.

according to our youth officer at a meeting on Sunday night the minors were still going, though there was talk that if there was no improvement in the number of lads turning up for the games, we may to conceed matches or possibly pull out, but i didn't think they would make any rash decisions so quickly to end the involvement. i will find out and let you know.

gerdy

who do st pauls play on fri nite

gerdy

will the u21s be allowed 2 play on fri nite they played on monday

No1

QuoteSaul have already pulled out and it is causing havoc with fixtures.

I'm surprised at that, I was under the impression that their juvenile section was going great guns.

stpauls

Quote from: gerdy on April 22, 2009, 03:29:12 PM
who do st pauls play on fri nite

drumgath, so not sure if it will affect us or not, assuming packie downey and jackie lynch are still on the senior panel?

Rois

Was anyone at the Club Down info evening last night?  I'd be interested to hear what the craic was from it.

DaUmpire

Quote from: amallon on April 22, 2009, 08:14:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAwyo2FRTsM&fmt=18  Kilcoo v the Bridge
Jus after watchn the highlights Mickey Walsh looking in good shape, his secong goal in particular was great coming at the end of some good quick passing from the bridge. Is Ronan Sexton still involved with the county?been a while since i seen him play.

gerdy

i think jackie lynch is injured and downey wasnt called up 2 the senior panel this year as far as i know. Drumgath were disappointing last year and didnt start well on monday. they have some decent players especially the captain at chb a red haired fella. i dont know his name though.

wobbller

Quote from: Rois on April 22, 2009, 04:04:56 PM
Was anyone at the Club Down info evening last night?  I'd be interested to hear what the craic was from it.

Are you thinking of jumping from the (sinking) Good Ship Tyrone? ;D ;D

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: gerdy on April 22, 2009, 05:20:45 PM
i think jackie lynch is injured and downey wasnt called up 2 the senior panel this year as far as i know. Drumgath were disappointing last year and didnt start well on monday. they have some decent players especially the captain at chb a red haired fella. i dont know his name though.

Ging? Mark Connolly? Or Dan McCabe? Couple gingers I know from Drumgath

Leo

Quote from: Rois on April 22, 2009, 04:04:56 PM

Wasn't at the Belfast night but went along to Canal Court tonight. Danny Hughes & Ross Carr there. Dan Gordon & Benny Coulter sent messages that they are fully behind it. Impressive presentation by Vincey Mc Govern of new Club Down memberships. Different levels £10, £40 or £100 a month and linked to members' draws for cash prizes and a car.  Money will go to help all teams, youth development, etc. New faces on the committee, lots of events planned  and they look like they mean business.
Fierce tame altogether