Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

passedit

Quote from: dundrumite on April 21, 2009, 05:36:13 PM
Quote from: passedit on April 20, 2009, 10:16:30 PM
Was chatting to a neutral who was at the game who reckoned Mc Comiskey was excellent and that the Dundrum Keeper gave the worst exhibition he'd ever seen.  :o

Bit harsh there. In fairness to him being doing nets for our underage teams for number of years and can honestly say seen him make very very few mistakes, so pity he is getting slated on an internet forum, such is the nature of the technological revolution  :o

Don't shoot the messenger there Dundrumite, just sayin what I was told. It's not as if I said he was at sheep or anything.  I wasn't there, did he drop a few clangers or not?
Don't Panic

gerdy

mickey curran reffed the kilclief darragh game he is a pretty good ref there are a lot worse out there mcelroy from st pauls is the worst iv come across by a mile

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

Was chatting to a neutral who was at the game who reckoned Mc Comiskey was excellent and that the Dundrum Keeper gave the worst exhibition he'd ever seen.  :o

Bit harsh there. In fairness to him being doing nets for our underage teams for number of years and can honestly say seen him make very very few mistakes, so pity he is getting slated on an internet forum, such is the nature of the technological revolution  :o

If hes playing at this level, he is there for critisism..no more or less so than any other senior player..

amallon

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Superstar

Does anyone know what the ticket/admission prices are likely to be for the under 21 final, looking into bringing a coach load of kids from the club down to watch it and trying to work out the rough cost of it all
If it wasnt for this auld knee injury...........

No1

Quotemickey curran reffed the kilclief darragh game he is a pretty good ref

:o  :o  :o

Eamon Burns effectively reffed that game!  ;)

The worst by a long shot is the wee lad from Darragh Cross who the county board are actually sending out to referee senior games.  Either he is going have a nervous breakdown or he is going to be the cause of a major incident.

Lecale2

Quote from: No1 on April 22, 2009, 09:19:21 AM

The worst by a long shot is the wee lad from Darragh Cross who the county board are actually sending out to referee senior games.  Either he is going have a nervous breakdown or he is going to be the cause of a major incident.

It can be nerve wrecking going to Kilclief alright.

gerdy

the ulster cship u21 games were £8 or 10 euro entrance fee i couldnt make the semi final. id imagine the prices are similar for the final i dont know of any concessions for kids though

downredblack

Quote from: amallon on April 21, 2009, 08:22:06 AM
Kilcoo 3-4 v Mayobridge 2-12 (SFL)
Mayobridge travelled to Kilcoo to take on the reigning league champions and delivered an emphatic message that Mayobridge are still the team to beat in Down football.  Mayobridge started brightly with a Cathal Magee point in the first minute before Michael Walsh got on the end of a slick Mayobridge move to finish to the net three minutes later.  When Noel Sexton pointed a free on eight minutes everything was looking rosy for the sky blues but this was soon shattered when Gary McEvoy scored a Kilcoo goal in the tenth minute.  Points from Benny Coulter and Ryan Brady got the Bridge ship back on track before a pointed free and a goal from Down under 21 star Paul Devlin gave the Bridge something to think about.  For the remainder of the half Mayobridge pilled on the pressure with two Michael Walsh frees, a Noel Sexton free and a Ryan Brady point from play resulting whilst Kilcoo only managed a Conor Laverty free in reply.  At half time the score read Kilcoo 2-2 Mayobridge 1-8

Early in the second half replacement keeper Sheelin Stain pulled of a great save to deny Conor Laverty a certain goal, Noel Sexton hit another free and in the sixth minute John Quinn hit over a superb long range effort.  On ten minutes Ronan Sexton brilliantly fielded a Kilcoo kick out and after the ball had moved through the hands of Benny Coulter, Adrian Barry, Ryan Brady and Ronan Sexton, Michael Walsh was on hand to finish a great move which was worth the admission price alone.  Noel Sexton scored a point in the sixteenth minute and a minute later Kilcoo were awarded a penalty which Conor Laverty tucked calmly away to register Kilcoo's first score of the half.  Kilcoo scored from a free in the twenty third minute, but Michael Walsh replied with a free of his own almost immediately.  A point near the end for Kilcoo finished the scoring on what was a very impressive away win.  It must be remembered that Owen Roe park has yielded very few rewards for the Mayobridge  Senior team and before last years win it could be six or seven years since our last win there.  All involved in tonight's performance can take a lot of credit from this result.  Next up Loughinisland away.

Team & Scorers: Liam Coulter, Gavin Barry, Brendan Grant, Shane O'Hare, Kieran O'Hare, Conor Garvey, Micheal Lively, Benny Coulter (0-1), Eoghan Woods, Ryan Brady (0-2), Michael Walsh (2-3), Noel Sexton (0-4), Ronan Sexton, Cathal Magee (0-1), John Quinn (0-1)

Subs used: Sheelin Strain for Liam Coulter, Ronan O'Hare for Benny Coulter and Adrian Barry for Kieran O'Hare

Anything to worry about here ?

dundrumite

Quote from: passedit on April 21, 2009, 05:55:05 PM

Don't shoot the messenger there Dundrumite, just sayin what I was told. It's not as if I said he was at sheep or anything.  I wasn't there, did he drop a few clangers or not?

To be fair not a position to defend his stance on sheep  ;D But yeah im going to defend a club mate when he is unfairly slated on the world wide web, all players make mistakes and for one or two mistakes to get cited as " the worst exhibition he ever seen" is a HUGE overstatement, . Not really shooting the messenger, he may have said it but your the one who posted it. ::)

passedit

Ah jesus Dundrumite am I allowed to say that i was told Mc Comiskey was excellent? The  :o was to signify that maybe just maybe my source may have been exaggerating a bit, but the jist of the conversation i had and tried to pass on here was that ye would have won at a canter had it not been for the fact that your keeper performed slightly less well than his usual high standard (there is that acceptable?).

Now be truthful, who was at fault for the three Bredagh goals?
Don't Panic

NedFlanders

Kingdom played the harps off the field on Monday past, you cant put that down to Ballyholand not playing well, Kingdom were amazing. That fella Murphy playing number 7 didn't look like a county player, and Murtaghs language towards the referee was disgrace, just goes to show, county men are no angles. John Clarke played really well, scoring 7 and setting up or being Involved in nearly every other score, great win!

dundrumite

Quote from: passedit on April 22, 2009, 12:05:24 PM
Ah jesus Dundrumite am I allowed to say that i was told Mc Comiskey was excellent? The  :o was to signify that maybe just maybe my source may have been exaggerating a bit, but the jist of the conversation i had and tried to pass on here was that ye would have won at a canter had it not been for the fact that your keeper performed slightly less well than his usual high standard (there is that acceptable?).

Now be truthful, who was at fault for the three Bredagh goals?

Misunderstanding in interpretation of smileys  ;)

DownFanatic

Quote from: No1 on April 22, 2009, 09:19:21 AM

All young referees should be encouraged no matter what. The young Darragh Cross whistler you are talking about is still learning and in my view deserves all the praise in the world.

No1

I'm afraid we'll have to disagree on this particular ref. 

I agree that all competent young refs should be encouraged but for the good of his health this lad should take up fishing or cycling!