Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaUmpire

Quote from: NedFlanders on March 17, 2009, 01:52:19 AM
Has this thread turned into the Brendan McVeigh and John Clarke thread, both went to Auz big deal, they deserved it, giving 100% for bot club and count can take it tole, i agree with the gael, get Carr and Dj out, would be best for Down football.
Well Ned,who would you have to replace them? Why dont the guys calling for ross and dj out start suggesting some possible replacements?

Lecale2

From PRO

Please find below the Down U-21 team to take on Fermanagh tomorrow evening (Wednesday) at 8pm in Brewster Park

Kieran Gordan

Mark Digney

Niall Higgins

Damian Turley

Conor Poland

John Fitzpatrick

Timmy Hanna

Michael Magee

Peter Fitzpatrick

Conor Maginn

Jamie O Reilly

Paul Devlin

Paul McComiskey

Eamon Toner

Ruairi Digney

T O Hare

Quote from: rosskarr on March 16, 2009, 06:35:03 PM
Quote from: T O Hare on March 16, 2009, 01:22:34 PM
It must be embarrassing for squad members who didn't make the 24 not being allowed to travel!!!!!! I feel there are other ways to cut costs!!!!!

I'd be interested to hear how you would cut costs ,Tom?.The 24 man panel thing is a not just a Down issue.It's a directive from Croke Park.

Then why is there a a panel of over 30 then?????? My cost  cutting would be catering after every training and matches... I am sure the players  would welcome this instead of squad members being left at home!!!!!!! If you go out during and train like mad during the week then you should be entitled to travel with your teammates!!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

NedFlanders

Well, I'm only stating my views and opinions as a fan, not a member of the county board. As far as new management goes, thats there call not mine, although i feel at the end of the current league campaign, and whenever our championship finishes, Ross and DJ will be given the boot. The new man needs to be hungry for success, new ideas, has a plan, and plays player on Parr, not personal differences, cant be hard to find one of them going spare  :P

And this nor my lastt comment was not made under the influance of a few beer.

western exile

Quote from: NedFlanders on March 18, 2009, 12:39:55 PM
Well, I'm only stating my views and opinions as a fan, not a member of the county board. As far as new management goes, thats there call not mine, although i feel at the end of the current league campaign, and whenever our championship finishes, Ross and DJ will be given the boot. The new man needs to be hungry for success, new ideas, has a plan, and plays player on Parr, not personal differences, cant be hard to find one of them going spare  :P

And this nor my lastt comment was not made under the influance of a few beer.
You were not under the influence at 01:52:19 AM on St. Patrick's Day?  Good man yourself  ;)

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: lfdown2 on March 17, 2009, 02:30:12 PM
Quote from: gorm agus bui on March 17, 2009, 01:10:15 PM
Have we given up on getting even one player from Kilcoo or Castlewellan even into the panel? ::)

And where exactly does Kevin Duffin play his football

I would imagine so this year, how about the lads that are there get on with it, brannigan and lavery were given their chance!

Brannigan and Laverty where on Paddy ORourkes top tewnty for 3 years but not one of them got a chance never mind an invite to the squad under Ross. Marty McClean was the only Kilcoo player given a chance by the current management.

dodgy umpire

heard u21s won tonight, goals from paul mc comiskey and ben oreilly
The Boys in Red and Black are back

western exile

Quote from: dodgy umpire on March 18, 2009, 10:31:39 PM
heard u21s won tonight, goals from paul mc comiskey and ben oreilly
someone posted on the U21 thread
Fermanagh 2-08
Down 2-11
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=11341.90

Mid Down Gael

See the championship draw is this thursday. Anyone know if 5FM will broadcast this live like they did last year? anyword on powerade team for last year also?

SQUAREBALL

Anyone travel to the game yesterday?

who played well / not so well?

were does this leave our promotion hopes for the year?

Joe Umbrella (hey)

Quote from: SQUAREBALL on March 23, 2009, 10:51:06 AM
Anyone travel to the game yesterday?

who played well / not so well?

were does this leave our promotion hopes for the year?

Yep

Hughes, Kearney / The rest

Still hanging on in there

Joe Umbrella (hey)

Are there any updates on the injuries to Big Dan, Ambrose and Doyle. Is Doyle anywhere near a return to football?

Also, If Benny is coming on as a sub in games then surely his injury can't be that bad?

T O Hare

Quote from: Joe Umbrella (hey) on March 23, 2009, 02:02:21 PM
Are there any updates on the injuries to Big Dan, Ambrose and Doyle. Is Doyle anywhere near a return to football?

Also, If Benny is coming on as a sub in games then surely his injury can't be that bad?

Benny isn't injured!!!!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

rosskarr

Quote from: T O Hare on March 23, 2009, 05:40:05 PM
Quote from: Joe Umbrella (hey) on March 23, 2009, 02:02:21 PM

Benny isn't injured!!!!!!!

Ah go on Tom,Tell us the craic.

Final Whistle

any word on the kilcoo incident on sunday?

they must keep the couty board busy and their coffers full!!!