Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaahead2008

Quote from: Dubh driocht on March 14, 2009, 02:19:50 PM
Down supporters who know anything about football are behind the management team. Down 'supporters' who are more familiar with a keyboard than an O'Neills will use their little moment of computer opportunity to post garbage and try to sow discontent. Brendan Behan was right about the begrudgers.

This is an open forum, I like others care about the future of Down Football which is why we raise issues on this board.
I will be on longford tomorrow, despite my conclsuions about the management team, when the 15 lads take the field in the red and black for down I will be behind them all the way.
but lets face it lads, a win is essential anything less and we are on the backfoot for the championship!

lets get serious about our county team, we;ve been making excuses for the last two seasons - RESULTS ARE A MUST!! If you cant take the truth about the management team's inadequancies then dont log in.

UP DOWN

corn02

5 Sams

Quote from: gaahead2008 on March 14, 2009, 09:18:03 AM
In summary, down people are not happy with the down management team at present. we have made no progress.with regard to how they treat players, this has been below par of any county set-up.
if they had respect for john clarke as a footballer, then they wouldnt have treated him the way they did.
if they had wanted to be considered a professional management team then they wouldnt have ignored gary mcardle after his poor game. that's far from how a manager would deal with a player! the fiasco with liam doyle last summer, was a critical blow for down- the lad failed a fitness test but was told he was playing anyway...
they might have been decent players themselves, but this as we've seen doesnt make you a good manager
they cost the county thousands of euro in fines for their inappropriate behaviour along the line.
the cracks are starting to become more apparent, its about time the clubs of down voiced their concern.
its our county team - we've every right to voice opinion.

Look at the highlighted portion of your rant and answer this question...

I have followed our team since I was a snapper...so tell me this....What qualifies you to speak on my behalf....???

Ross and DJ might have their faults...who hasnt....but they are are putting serious hours in in an effort to improve the fortunes of Down football .....without the Dwyeresque invoices I might add. This bunch of players are doing the same....I know the commitment these lads give.....we get beaten once in the league and people like you start talking about cracks appearing .
I have a notion you arent even a member of a club and you are hiding behind your keyboard slagging off two guys whos heart and soul is behind Down football.

You have said we have every right voice our opinion....unfortunately if I was to voice my opinion of you I would be banned from the board.

The Aristocrat Years

gaahead2008

5 sams = i must ve hit a nerve!! you must part of that backroom team ................tell me your not one of the bandwagon that finds any excuse to sit with the subs on match day so you can be seen, someone who goes for the big feeds at county board expense after games!!

I will voice my opnion, I am a member of one of downs biggest clubs and yes my opinion is representative of 2/3 of our club members

carr and kane may put in alot of hours, but they get well paid for it let me tell you!! and for the record their only concern is the ME. MYSELF and I..that is FACT!!

lets face it, they can make all the excuses they want, but neither has the ability to turn Downs fortunes around- until the management consists of unbiased, honest people who are tactically aware - we are going nowhere!!

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: gaahead2008 on March 14, 2009, 11:55:25 PM
5 sams = i must ve hit a nerve!! you must part of that backroom team ................tell me your not one of the bandwagon that finds any excuse to sit with the subs on match day so you can be seen, someone who goes for the big feeds at county board expense after games!!

I will voice my opnion, I am a member of one of downs biggest clubs and yes my opinion is representative of 2/3 of our club members

carr and kane may put in alot of hours, but they get well paid for it let me tell you!! and for the record their only concern is the ME. MYSELF and I..that is FACT!!

lets face it, they can make all the excuses they want, but neither has the ability to turn Downs fortunes around- until the management consists of unbiased, honest people who are tactically aware - we are going nowhere!!

I admire your honesty and wat you are saying is wat the majority of gaels in the county think.

gorm agus bui

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on March 15, 2009, 09:00:51 AM

I admire your honesty and wat you are saying is wat the majority of gaels in the county think.
and what gives you the right to say that this is what the majority of gaels in the county think?
From what I can see and hear the majority of gaels in gthe county are fully behind the management

lecale4

Colleges Football:

All Ireland Semi Final at Portlaoise - Aquinas GS 1-06 Mounthawk Tralee 0-07

Aquinas GS the current Nolan Cup holders made it through to their first All Ireland final yesterday against a fancied Mounthawk Tralee side. The team is made up in the main of Bredagh (12 players), Carryduff and St Brigids lads and is managed by Paul Evans - RGU.

Well done to all concerned!!!

dundrumite

Quote from: lecale4 on March 15, 2009, 12:36:53 PM
Colleges Football:

All Ireland Semi Final at Portlaoise - Aquinas GS 1-06 Mounthawk Tralee 0-07

Aquinas GS the current Nolan Cup holders made it through to their first All Ireland final yesterday against a fancied Mounthawk Tralee side. The team is made up in the main of Bredagh (12 players), Carryduff and St Brigids lads and is managed by Paul Evans - RGU.

Well done to all concerned!!!

What grade is that lecale? Very impressive considerng only 3 clubs involved

bredaghgael

Did you have an EGM to gauge opinion of the membership of one of Down's largest Club? ;D ;D.

I don't think so.

Down won 0-13 to 0-08.

lecale4

Aquinas play in the C grade - its the one below McLarnon

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: gorm agus bui on March 15, 2009, 09:24:09 AM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on March 15, 2009, 09:00:51 AM

and what gives you the right to say that this is what the majority of gaels in the county think?
From what I can see and hear the majority of gaels in gthe county are fully behind the management
You only have to listen to gaels in the stand in newry and people within the clubs. good win today though, was a tricky test after last week. some bit of management. lol

DaUmpire

Quote from: gaahead2008 on March 14, 2009, 09:18:03 AM
In summary, down people are not happy with the down management team at present. we have made no progress.
with regard to how they treat players, this has been below par of any county set-up.
if they had respect for john clarke as a footballer, then they wouldnt have treated him the way they did.
if they had wanted to be considered a professional management team then they wouldnt have ignored gary mcardle after his poor game. that's far from how a manager would deal with a player! the fiasco with liam doyle last summer, was a critical blow for down- the lad failed a fitness test but was told he was playing anyway...they might have been decent players themselves, but this as we've seen doesnt make you a good manager
they cost the county thousands of euro in fines for their inappropriate behaviour along the line.
the cracks are starting to become more apparent, its about time the clubs of down voiced their concern.
its our county team - we've every right to voice opinion.

The fact that ross and dj stood by Gordan,mccomiskey, ambrose and others through their injuries shows that the men are a professional management team and do have the players best interests at heart. I  doubt liam doyle was forced to play last year, since down lost a lot of players to long term injuries ross carr as came out publicly several times to stress the importance of not rushing these players back. I also have heard of a few occasions when a few players who have been training hard with the county have been left out of the county squad and ross carr has come to them personally to explain why they were left out, which is good man management IMO. Time so called Down 'supporters' got behind the management team.

Leo

Quote from: DaUmpire on March 16, 2009, 10:21:36 AM

The fact that ross and dj stood by Gordan,mccomiskey, ambrose and others through their injuries shows that the men are a professional management team and do have the players best interests at heart. I  doubt liam doyle was forced to play last year, since down lost a lot of players to long term injuries ross carr as came out publicly several times to stress the importance of not rushing these players back. I also have heard of a few occasions when a few players who have been training hard with the county have been left out of the county squad and ross carr has come to them personally to explain why they were left out, which is good man management IMO. Time so called Down 'supporters' got behind the management team.

Who wouldn't stand by your best players as they recover from injury? Stupid point.
Very questionable in sending Ambrose on last week when he is clearly far from ready.
More questionable on Sunday was the fact that Martin Cole, James Colgan & John Clarke were sitting at home and I saw Michael Walsh walking into the stand as a spectator.
An up-and-coming young player like Gary McArdle deserves to be at least spoken to after a poor game.
Have we given up on getting even one player from Kilcoo or Castlewellan even into the panel?
These are all worrying signs and anyone who says otherwise is not being objective.
Fierce tame altogether

downredblack

Why would Martin Cole be sitting at home other than injury or illness ?

T O Hare

It must be embarrassing for squad members who didn't make the 24 not being allowed to travel!!!!!! I feel there are other ways to cut costs!!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"