Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubh driocht

The Gael, I know you are on the wind-up but your shallow analysis is tiresome.Ross and DJ bring commitment and professionalism to an amateur game.They brought passion and skill in their playing days and no shortage of tactical awareness.I would like to see John Clarke in the team but I don't know why he's not there - however, I fully expect to see him in a Down shirt in 2009 as I do know Ross , DJ and Mickey Doyle have the highest regard for him as a footballer.I was as disappointed as anyone after the Cavan game but the man who never made a mistake never made anything.

thegael

Now i will ask you if it is in trying to organise drinking sessions , staying up all night drinking , spending money staying in hotels for bonding / drinking sessions, trying to recruit ex county players as friends and new found drinking buddies.

If it is about all the gear and no idea !

If it is about setting side shows to raise finance etc for all the above - yes very committed.

Role models well i trust that is an issue!

Trust being a very big word in life! I feel sorry for the innocent fools who are part of the backroom , but then they like to be involved and looked after in the big picture but pathetically it is a very small picture - God bless them!

I trust that Down are in a worse position since those idiots took over!

the gael takes no prisoiners!

blowinharp:-)

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on March 13, 2009, 07:09:02 PM
Quote from: dundrumite on March 13, 2009, 05:49:55 PM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on March 12, 2009, 10:14:17 PM
Its not rumours from GAA Head its the truth. one rule for one and completly different for others. Two faced Ross messes up again.

You goy a Short memory MDG, Did  John clarke and Brendy Mc Veigh not go to go to Australia for two weeks last year?Sort of makes your ridiculous point invalid.... Two faced?

Oh yeah John and Brendy went away in January. Not in middle of league. and it was well publisized. Ross said Aidan was unavailable in irish news. Philip jordan was on holidays last week with tyrone and harte told the media. ross is afraid to admitt it after his treatment of walsh and clarke.

a little bit of correct info....
john clarke and brendan mcveigh went to oz on march 16th 08.. and missed no matches. :)

Leo

Quote from: thegael on March 13, 2009, 08:48:34 PM
Now i will ask you if it is in trying to organise drinking sessions , staying up all night drinking , spending money staying in hotels for bonding / drinking sessions, trying to recruit ex county players as friends and new found drinking buddies.

If it is about all the gear and no idea !

If it is about setting side shows to raise finance etc for all the above - yes very committed.

Very worrying points if they are accurate. Nothing personal against the two but the stories from the camp are disconcerting to say the least.

Now all we need is another appeal for dosh for a bonding exercise in some far flung parts.....

Personally I would like to see them bonding when the ball is thrown in instead of meandering about the park like complete strangers.

It will be a short summer.
Fierce tame altogether

dundrumite

Its not rumours from GAA Head its the truth. one rule for one and completly different for others. Two faced Ross messes up again.

You goy a Short memory MDG, Did  John clarke and Brendy Mc Veigh not go to go to Australia for two weeks last year?Sort of makes your ridiculous point invalid.... Two faced?

Oh yeah John and Brendy went away in January. Not in middle of league. and it was well publisized. Ross said Aidan was unavailable in irish news. Philip jordan was on holidays last week with tyrone and harte told the media. ross is afraid to admitt it after his treatment of walsh and clarke.

They were out in March met them when I was out in Australia last year, right in the middle of the league campaign so thats another faux pas. Since we are basing our arguments upon what is no more than hear say and Chinese whispers I know a lot of players who have played under Ross at county and club level who can not speak highly enough of him. I'm starting to see now why a lot of the original well respected posters have stopped posting on this site.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: dundrumite on March 13, 2009, 10:48:06 PM

They were out in March met them when I was out in Australia last year, right in the middle of the league campaign so thats another faux pas. Since we are basing our arguments upon what is no more than hear say and Chinese whispers I know a lot of players who have played under Ross at county and club level who can not speak highly enough of him. I'm starting to see now why a lot of the original well respected posters have stopped posting on this site.

Oh very sorry for my error. lucky you getting to meet them. Its for the good of our county we are making these points. i for one would love Ross to pick our best team and to have success. at minute the team is just not right, division 3 is for mediocre outfits and we have looked very average. so you have a problem with me speaking my mind? set up a board for all people who just want to see down play at this level and who are happy seeing a management that are a laughing stock by their behaviour and that are treating some players like dirt if you dont like what you hear.

dundrumite

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on March 13, 2009, 11:01:37 PM
Quote from: dundrumite on March 13, 2009, 10:48:06 PM

Oh very sorry for my error. lucky you getting to meet them. Its for the good of our county we are making these points. i for one would love Ross to pick our best team and to have success. at minute the team is just not right, division 3 is for mediocre outfits and we have looked very average. so you have a problem with me speaking my mind? set up a board for all people who just want to see down play at this level and who are happy seeing a management that are a laughing stock by their behaviour and that are treating some players like dirt if you dont like what you hear.

No problem with you speaking your mind, I do have an issue with you coming onto a public forum with points that are firstly inaccurate, secondly based on hear say, which in all probability have come from people whom for one reason or another may have biases against Ross.

dodgy umpire

the hear say and stories going around are irrelevant, the facts are that clarke walsh colgan are not on the panel when they ought to be based on footballing talent
The Boys in Red and Black are back

dundrumite

Quote from: dodgy umpire on March 13, 2009, 11:38:45 PM
the hear say and stories going around are irrelevant, the facts are that clarke walsh colgan are not on the panel when they ought to be based on footballing talent
They become relevant when they are brought onto a public forum as a basis for an argument. Thats my point

dodgy umpire

yes i know i was dismissing the stories, no need for them to be posted. discussion about the facts is more beneficial
The Boys in Red and Black are back

downredblack

gaahead2008

In summary, down people are not happy with the down management team at present. we have made no progress.
with regard to how they treat players, this has been below par of any county set-up.
if they had respect for john clarke as a footballer, then they wouldnt have treated him the way they did.
if they had wanted to be considered a professional management team then they wouldnt have ignored gary mcardle after his poor game. that's far from how a manager would deal with a player! the fiasco with liam doyle last summer, was a critical blow for down- the lad failed a fitness test but was told he was playing anyway...
they might have been decent players themselves, but this as we've seen doesnt make you a good manager
they cost the county thousands of euro in fines for their inappropriate behaviour along the line.
the cracks are starting to become more apparent, its about time the clubs of down voiced their concern.
its our county team - we've every right to voice opinion.

supersub

what was that someone said last week about it being very quiet in here  :D

Dubh driocht

Down supporters who know anything about football are behind the management team. Down 'supporters' who are more familiar with a keyboard than an O'Neills will use their little moment of computer opportunity to post garbage and try to sow discontent. Brendan Behan was right about the begrudgers.

behind the wire

like many i was disappointed with what i saw last saturday night but i dont think whinging about it on the internet will help any. think we would be better to get behind the players as the last poster stated. giving the management abuse on the gaa board is not going to help the fortunes of the county team no matter what way you look at it.

p.s. can someone post a stream for the match tomorrow.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest