Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Quote from: Joe Umbrella (hey) on March 13, 2009, 10:41:07 AM
Quote from: thegael on March 12, 2009, 11:17:22 PM
I  have had enough.

I WANT RID OF THOSE TWO IDIOTS !

Are we really serious about our county?

Those two are idiots.
They should go and form a gpa for retied inter county footballers the ones that like to go to functions , meet and try and befriend other ex county footballers , get drunk with them stay up all night drinking and talk to people about their new friends . what bombastic fools they are .

The sooner we see these fools for what and who they are the better .

WE DESERVE BETTER THAN THOSE FOOLS !

the gael takes no prisoners!

These two idiots were allstars!
These two fools won Ulster and All Ireland Medals!
These two idiots played a massive role in the most enjoyable and successful period of Down football that I am old enough to remember!
These two fools put their heads on the line for our county whilst players time and time again and appear to be doing so as managers!

Ross and DJ can only do so much and the players have to take responsibility too. One thing that is obvious is that the player do lack leadership - but on the pitch!

You have to look at who the leaders are at present:

Big Dan - Not fit
Ambrose - Not fit
Doyle - Injured
Aidan Carr - Playing out of position
Benny - well benny is benny.

Ross and DJ have been deadly unlucky with injuries during their term. Its my firm belief that last summer if Doyle and McComiskey had have been fit against Armagh or Wexford for that matter Down would not have been beaten. And as for not being promoted last year, well as the summer proved Fermanah and Wexford were'nt bad sides after all.

But that was last year and this is now, and Down are joint top of the league with an injury ravaged squad and as you put it ''2 fools'' as managers!
One defeat against Cavan on a piss of a night is not the end of the world. I just hope Down can get a win against Longford on sunday and I will certainly take the long drive down to support them.

Hate to be a pedant but what they did as a player should not grant them any special leeway in a management position.

That said, Down are obviosuly making steady progress under the two and Carr is one of the best managers about in my book. Whether ot not there is these incidents is irrelevant because they happen in EVERY county.

Get rid of Carr and yous wil lgo back a few years. Man with a bit sense and has achievable goals in mind, these goals will get higher with each year.

Any Down fan expecting an All Ireland push really need to waken up. (ie the 3 posters that have a vandetta aginst the managers).

The GAA

These two idiots played a massive role in the most enjoyable and successful period of Down football that I am old enough to remember!
These two fools put their heads on the line for our county whilst players time and time again and appear to be doing so as managers!

Coaching / managerial achievements are notable by their absence.

have either of them achieved anything at club level?

Talking about being top of the league is silly. its division 3 - a division that carr has not been able to get down out of consistently.

gorm agus bui

Quote from: The GAA on March 13, 2009, 11:34:42 AM

Talking about being top of the league is silly. its division 3 - a division that carr has not been able to get down out of consistently.
consistentl???

The GAA

Is this not the third year in a row for down in div 3?

if not its relegation from div 2 followed by 2 years in div 3 for them

Joe Umbrella (hey)

Yes how silly of me. Lets all talk about being bottom of the league then! Cos that really makes sense.

corn02

Quote from: Joe Umbrella (hey) on March 13, 2009, 12:17:00 PM

Yes how silly of me. Lets all talk about being bottom of the league then! Cos that really makes sense.

I think the point he is making is that Down sould not be in Division Three.

The GAA

Indeed. well done on deciphering my cryptic message corn

Joe Umbrella (hey)

Quote from: The GAA on March 13, 2009, 12:33:25 PM

Just before you guys start greasing up each others arses, why do Down not deserve to be in Division 3?

Are you familiar with the format of a league competition?
The league is the one competition that fairly reflects the position and division of a team based on results over a period of time. Given our dissapointing league form over the last 4 - 5 years I would say we definatley deserve to be where we are and most of our championship performances over this period of time back this up. Last summers improved run of championship performances (under the guidance of Mr Ross Carr and Mr DJ Kane) have provided us Downmen with an optimistic outlook with regards  to our promotion chances this year.

corn02

Quote from: Joe Umbrella (hey) on March 13, 2009, 01:06:33 PM
Quote from: The GAA on March 13, 2009, 12:33:25 PM

Just before you guys start greasing up each others arses, why do Down not deserve to be in Division 3?

You're getting very worked up there young fellah, wind your neck in there.

It is funny how you talk about Down having Championship performances that merit Division 3 standard and then you say if Doyle and McCumiskey had of been fit yous would not have lost to Wexford or Armagh (that one made me laugh).

So what is it? Has Down aspirations really fallen that far.

If you read my original post I have defended Carr, but even he would fell that to still bein Division Three at this stage would be a failure.

Joe Umbrella (hey)

Quote from: corn02 on March 13, 2009, 11:18:36 AM
Quote from: thegael on March 12, 2009, 11:17:22 PM
I  have had enough.

Those two are idiots.
They should go and form a gpa for retied inter county footballers the ones that like to go to functions , meet and try and befriend other ex county footballers , get drunk with them stay up all night drinking and talk to people about their new friends . what bombastic fools they are .

Ross and DJ can only do so much and the players have to take responsibility too. One thing that is obvious is that the player do lack leadership - but on the pitch!

You have to look at who the leaders are at present:

Big Dan - Not fit
Ambrose - Not fit
Doyle - Injured
Aidan Carr - Playing out of position
Benny - well benny is benny.

Ross and DJ have been deadly unlucky with injuries during their term. Its my firm belief that last summer if Doyle and McComiskey had have been fit against Armagh or Wexford for that matter Down would not have been beaten. And as for not being promoted last year, well as the summer proved Fermanah and Wexford were'nt bad sides after all.

But that was last year and this is now, and Down are joint top of the league with an injury ravaged squad and as you put it ''2 fools'' as managers!
One defeat against Cavan on a piss of a night is not the end of the world. I just hope Down can get a win against Longford on sunday and I will certainly take the long drive down to support them.

Hate to be a pedant but what they did as a player should not grant them any special leeway in a management position.

That said, Down are obviosuly making steady progress under the two and Carr is one of the best managers about in my book. Whether ot not there is these incidents is irrelevant because they happen in EVERY county.

Get rid of Carr and yous wil lgo back a few years. Man with a bit sense and has achievable goals in mind, these goals will get higher with each year.

Any Down fan expecting an All Ireland push really need to waken up. (ie the 3 posters that have a vandetta aginst the managers).

You're getting very worked up there young fellah, wind your neck in there.

It is funny how you talk about Down having Championship performances that merit Division 3 standard and then you say if Doyle and McCumiskey had of been fit yous would not have lost to Wexford or Armagh (that one made me laugh).

So what is it? Has Down aspirations really fallen that far.

If you read my original post I have defended Carr, but even he would fell that to still bein Division Three at this stage would be a failure.

You appear to be confused, the bottom line is that Down deserve to be in division 3.

gorm agus bui

Quote from: The GAA on March 13, 2009, 12:00:06 PM

Is this not the third year in a row for down in div 3?

if not its relegation from div 2 followed by 2 years in div 3 for them
The only consistent fact is that the journey was started well back in mid 90s and though there were management failures big time post 94 it was a lack of vision, planning and development through out the county, not just sen football managers that has led us to where we are today. It does not start and end woth current management. Indeed our structures at under age level and development squad are built on very fine sand and unless something is done relatively soon we could be a long time returning to the top table.

dundrumite

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on March 12, 2009, 10:14:17 PM
Its not rumours from GAA Head its the truth. one rule for one and completly different for others. Two faced Ross messes up again.

You goy a Short memory MDG, Did  John clarke and Brendy Mc Veigh not go to go to Australia for two weeks last year?Sort of makes your ridiculous point invalid.... Two faced?

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: dundrumite on March 13, 2009, 05:49:55 PM
Its not rumours from GAA Head its the truth. one rule for one and completly different for others. Two faced Ross messes up again.

You goy a Short memory MDG, Did  John clarke and Brendy Mc Veigh not go to go to Australia for two weeks last year?Sort of makes your ridiculous point invalid.... Two faced?

Did Aidan Carr not go away for a break to? I think he did. John Clarke missed one training last december when there was a ban on inter county training and got the road. I no from inside the camp how two faced Carr is. Gary McArdles treatment last year, not being spoke to after having one bad game is one example. i could list many more. Ross got us relegated from division 2 where paddy orourke had us and also had us in an ulster final and have been in div 3 since. Things have went badly backwards since Ross took the job. Many Clonduff men will tell you this.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: dundrumite on March 13, 2009, 05:49:55 PM

Oh yeah John and Brendy went away in January. Not in middle of league. and it was well publisized. Ross said Aidan was unavailable in irish news. Philip jordan was on holidays last week with tyrone and harte told the media. ross is afraid to admitt it after his treatment of walsh and clarke.

thegael

I  have had enough.

Those two are idiots.