Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: gaahead2008 on March 11, 2009, 07:11:50 PM
read IN today, carr very determined to see out another season without the county's best players being involved in the panel.

without doubt clarke and walsh both merit places on a below average panel, Until Carr admits he's been wrong in excluding them we've a bleak season ahead.

Couldnt agree with you more. we may not win anything with or without Walsh and Clarke but they are in the top ten players in Down not just now but in last decade and should be selected. typlifies Ross being the 'Big Man' who will do what he wants. He needs to get real and admitt he is wrong with the way he has man managed these two players. They are much better than the majority of players who cant make an impression in a mediocre division 3 as are James Colgan and James McGovern. All we want is the best players being selected and less of the bull shit from Ross.

gaahead2008

mid down gael - totally respect your honesty on this one.
I think it's a disgrace the way those lads, in particular, have been treated.
mickey harte, joe kernan or any of the top managers would nt get away with this sort of man management, but yet the county board in down allow carr and kane to do this.
clarke's efforts last year ought to be recognised.
One of my fears is that john clarke's situation-will no doubt put his brother off making a return to the red and black jersey if this is how honest lads can be treated. to be 'kicked' of a panel with a'text message' is a very sad reflection of this management team. walsh has also been treated very badly by these men, we need a CHF, there have been quite a few tried and tested in this position but none have been capable of doing the job.

speech over, team for sunday- will coulter start?

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: gaahead2008 on March 11, 2009, 08:31:54 PM
mid down gael - totally respect your honesty on this one.
I think it's a disgrace the way those lads, in particular, have been treated.
mickey harte, joe kernan or any of the top managers would nt get away with this sort of man management, but yet the county board in down allow carr and kane to do this.
clarke's efforts last year ought to be recognised.
One of my fears is that john clarke's situation-will no doubt put his brother off making a return to the red and black jersey if this is how honest lads can be treated. to be 'kicked' of a panel with a'text message' is a very sad reflection of this management team. walsh has also been treated very badly by these men, we need a CHF, there have been quite a few tried and tested in this position but none have been capable of doing the job.

speech over, team for sunday- will coulter start?

Very well put. IMO Benny has to start along with Hughes, Murtagh, Fegan, McComiskey and Kearney in attack. Would like to see Peter Fitzpatrick played at midfield alongside Dan with Jackie dropped. Hear Aidan Carr is out injured so my half back line would be Murphy, McKernan and Martin Cole with Rafferty Garvey and Howard in the full back line. Obviously Brendy in goals again.

Pangurban

Lads i have come too the conclusion that it matters little who is in or out of the panel, until we get a management team who are capable of providing basic organisation and some semblance of a structure and game plan. After two seasons in charge, Ross is still uncertain what his best options are when it comes to team selection, and what DJ brings to the table is a total mystery. There is an air of limited ambition and low expectancy around the Co.set up, to the extent that managing to remain in Div. 3 will not be considered failure. I fully expect to lose in Longford, hope i am very wrong, but if not corrective action must be taken now, before we drift into another feeble championship campaign. An occasional good performance is no substitute for consistency in progress, and an overall evaluation of Ross and DJs performance to date will provide little reason for optimism

Leo

Quote from: boscomo on March 11, 2009, 01:10:25 PM
Guys any more developments .ref the county draw, i have been caught uo with other poo i havent had a chance to find out about it. cheers

mo

I hear that a new finance committee has been formed and kicked this to touch. Is this true?
Fierce tame altogether

Fíor Gael

Quote from: Pangurban on March 12, 2009, 12:10:59 AM
Lads i have come too the conclusion that it matters little who is in or out of the panel, until we get a management team who are capable of providing basic organisation and some semblance of a structure and game plan. After two seasons in charge, Ross is still uncertain what his best options are when it comes to team selection, and what DJ brings to the table is a total mystery.
You have hit the nail on the head. Down are a very poorly organised team with no game plan or system of play. We may not have a panel of players capable of challenging for the top honours but we should be seeing signs of progress in terms of shape and a system of play whereby every player knows his role. At the minute we look like a gather up of players that sometimes click but any well organised team is able to exploit us. No point in Ross and co shouting and roaring in the middle of a match, it only highlights the fact that the proper work isn't being done of the field.

FitnessTestingIreland

Fitness Testing Ireland

New Fitness Testing company for GAA clubs.

Check out our website www.fitnesstestingireland.com

Or drop us an email at info@fitnesstestingireland.co.uk

gaahead2008

the IN stated that ACarr has been ruled out because of injury, Sources from within the camp have revealed its not because of injury but a HOLIDAY. Ross again in the paper telling the truth (as usual). John Clarke was kicked of the panel because he missed a christmas training session, but the managers son can go on holidays mid way through the league and nothing is said about it!! what a joke. the inconsistency within our county is an absolute disgrace.

amallon

GAAHead I don't think you should be putting rumours like this on this forum.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Mid Down Gael

Its not rumours from GAA Head its the truth. one rule for one and completly different for others. Two faced Ross messes up again.

thegael

I  have had enough.

I WANT RID OF THOSE TWO IDIOTS !

Are we really serious about our county?

Those two are idiots.

They should go and form a gpa for retied inter county footballers the ones that like to go to functions , meet and try and befriend other ex county footballers , get drunk with them stay up all night drinking and talk to people about their new friends . what bombastic fools they are .

The sooner we see these fools for what and who they are the better .

WE DESERVE BETTER THAN THOSE FOOLS !

the gael takes no prisoners!

Joe Umbrella (hey)

Quote from: thegael on March 12, 2009, 11:17:22 PM
I  have had enough.

Those two are idiots.
They should go and form a gpa for retied inter county footballers the ones that like to go to functions , meet and try and befriend other ex county footballers , get drunk with them stay up all night drinking and talk to people about their new friends . what bombastic fools they are .

These two idiots were allstars!
These two fools won Ulster and All Ireland Medals!
These two idiots played a massive role in the most enjoyable and successful period of Down football that I am old enough to remember!
These two fools put their heads on the line for our county whilst players time and time again and appear to be doing so as managers!

Ross and DJ can only do so much and the players have to take responsibility too. One thing that is obvious is that the player do lack leadership - but on the pitch!

You have to look at who the leaders are at present:

Big Dan - Not fit
Ambrose - Not fit
Doyle - Injured
Aidan Carr - Playing out of position
Benny - well benny is benny.

Ross and DJ have been deadly unlucky with injuries during their term. Its my firm belief that last summer if Doyle and McComiskey had have been fit against Armagh or Wexford for that matter Down would not have been beaten. And as for not being promoted last year, well as the summer proved Fermanah and Wexford were'nt bad sides after all.

But that was last year and this is now, and Down are joint top of the league with an injury ravaged squad and as you put it ''2 fools'' as managers!
One defeat against Cavan on a piss of a night is not the end of the world. I just hope Down can get a win against Longford on sunday and I will certainly take the long drive down to support them.

gorm agus bui

Quote from: Joe Umbrella (hey) on March 13, 2009, 10:41:07 AM
Quote from: thegael on March 12, 2009, 11:17:22 PM
I  have had enough.

Those two are idiots.

These two idiots were allstars!
These two fools won Ulster and All Ireland Medals!
These two idiots played a massive role in the most enjoyable and successful period of Down football that I am old enough to remember!
These two fools put their heads on the line for our county whilst players time and time again and appear to be doing so as managers!

Ross and DJ can only do so much and the players have to take responsibility too. One thing that is obvious is that the player do lack leadership - but on the pitch!

You have to look at who the leaders are at present:

Big Dan - Not fit
Ambrose - Not fit
Doyle - Injured
Aidan Carr - Playing out of position
Benny - well benny is benny.

Ross and DJ have been deadly unlucky with injuries during their term. Its my firm belief that last summer if Doyle and McComiskey had have been fit against Armagh or Wexford for that matter Down would not have been beaten. And as for not being promoted last year, well as the summer proved Fermanah and Wexford were'nt bad sides after all.

But that was last year and this is now, and Down are joint top of the league with an injury ravaged squad and as you put it ''2 fools'' as managers!
One defeat against Cavan on a piss of a night is not the end of the world. I just hope Down can get a win against Longford on sunday and I will certainly take the long drive down to support them.

Bit of sense and reason there Joe. Maybe like some us Joe you played a bit of football. 

downredblack

Good post Joe ,

Think almost every Down fan went to the game last week expecting a win and then when that didn't happen things seemed a lot worse than they possibly are . It's a must that we get out of Div.3 and hopefully last week is our only slip up .
The Fermanagh game is a while away yet and we have players to come back and others who need game time under their belts so need for panic yet .

downredblack

Quote from: bendurback on March 11, 2009, 11:37:51 AM
i normally go to FS Wheels in Greenbank Industrial Estate. Think their cheapest tyre is 40 quid, then 50 and finally I think they've ones for 70, but they'll hardly interest you lol.

I get the 5oquid tyres, they're a good job, never gave me any bother.

Thks. bendurback