Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

game was poor, down were the same, no. 10 mackey for cavan ran the show in the 2nd half while our fowards didnt seem up to much! benny and mccomiskey only came on with about 15 to go, as did ambrose which was good to see!

dodgy umpire

Quote from: supersub on March 07, 2009, 10:05:29 PM
game was poor, down were the same, no. 10 mackey for cavan ran the show in the 2nd half while our fowards didnt seem up to much! benny and mccomiskey only came on with about 15 to go, as did ambrose which was good to see!
[/b]

have to disagree, would have been better not to have seen him judging on his performance. simply not at the races, needs more recovery  time , poor decision to bring him on
The Boys in Red and Black are back

supersub

good to see him back as in recovered from injury which was quite a serious one, thought most down supporters would be glad as he was playing some great stuff before he got the injury, and judging by the reaction of the crowd when he came on everyone was pleased to see him back in a down jersey

dodgy umpire

Quote from: supersub on March 08, 2009, 12:52:43 PM
good to see him back as in recovered from injury which was quite a serious one, thought most down supporters would be glad as he was playing some great stuff before he got the injury, and judging by the reaction of the crowd when he came on everyone was pleased to see him back in a down jersey
agreed

Minus15

Someone posted the master fixture list for league games only a while back. Would anyone be able to confirm championship dates for the down championships this year?

DownFanatic

Lads/Lasses,
        looking for a challenge match for our Minors to break the drag of training.We have the use of floodlights on Wed and Sat nights but could travel out to Down on a Sat or Sun afternnon.PM me if any interest.
[/quote]

Check your PM

An Cloch Scoilte

Quote from: Minus15 on March 09, 2009, 12:27:29 PM
Someone posted the master fixture list for league games only a while back. Would anyone be able to confirm championship dates for the down championships this year?

Championship is penciled in to start 6th August until 10th of August.

Minus15

Quote from: An Cloch Scoilte on March 09, 2009, 02:49:50 PM
Quote from: Minus15 on March 09, 2009, 12:27:29 PM

Championship is penciled in to start 6th August until 10th of August.

Yes the dates judging by the league fixtures are as follows:
1st Round: Thursday 6th-Tuesday 11th August
Quarter Finals: Friday 28th-Sunday 30th August

There is a break in league games from 5th to 26th September meaning semi finals sat 12th and sunday 13th with a free weekend for AI final.

The last 3 league games are then down for 26th Sep, 3rd Oct and 11th Oct. Does that mean the championship finals would be on after the league is over or would the league games of participating teams be rearranged leaving the finals perhaps the last weekend of september/first weekend of October?

spiritof91and94

Bryansford play Under 21's tonight in Newcastle at 7.30pm - wonder who Pete will be with?

downredblack

Didn't want to start a thread for this , can any of you lads recommend the best (cheapest) place in Newry for car tyres ?

bendurback

i normally go to FS Wheels in Greenbank Industrial Estate. Think their cheapest tyre is 40 quid, then 50 and finally I think they've ones for 70, but they'll hardly interest you lol.

I get the 5oquid tyres, they're a good job, never gave me any bother.

T O Hare

How did the under 21's end up last night, who did pete side with????
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

boscomo

Guys any more developments .ref the county draw, i have been caught uo with other poo i havent had a chance to find out about it. cheers

mo
if in doubt eat it

dodgy umpire

ross put the foot down in the IN today saying he didnt want to "talk about john clarke or anyone else who is not on the panel." perhaps its too early on in the year to say but judging on the cavan perfomance i reckon  we could do some of our most promising players being put back on the panel

gaahead2008

read IN today, carr very determined to see out another season without the county's best players being involved in the panel.

without doubt clarke and walsh both merit places on a below average panel, Until Carr admits he's been wrong in excluding them we've a bleak season ahead.

county draw will officially get the go-ahead, the finances this season lads are dire and the finance committee have been left with no option but to go begging within the county, not a issue for the big wealthy clubs but some of the smaller clubs will struggle when they are levied with a target of 70 tickets.
perhaps the number of tickets that a club must sell should be based on how many members they actually have, bigger clubs get more, smaller clubs getting less.