Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on February 21, 2009, 05:39:57 PM
Quote from: charlie stubbs on February 21, 2009, 05:27:21 PM
ps game finished 2-15 to 0-8!

Jesus didnt expect such a hiding after beating Tyrone. I really think Down under21s need a better half back line. very weak in that line. I dont think Ryan Boyle, Coffey, Joe Murphy or Somers are the best in the county to play in half back line. any Armagh senior panelists on under 21s charlie?

Two goalkeepers Rodgers & McGuinness, Stefan Forker, Kieran Toner (still out injured I think). One or two Cross players, though they weren't involved. Was at McRory semi-final so couldn't make it to game, good result from Armagh, was expecting more from Down tbh.

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

Quote from: charlie stubbs on February 21, 2009, 05:26:57 PM
game was at park eslar mg.  was very disappointed with down u21s today.  was told by one of there players only missing murney,mccomiskey, oreilly from their full side though magee went off early after scoring a point.  thought down would have been 2 strong for armagh but suppose u21 football very hard to predict.  no.18 for down went off with a serious looking ankle injury hope it aint as bad as looks!

do you know who it was? or heard any more info?

i heard joe murphy was doin a bit of scrappin was he?

corn02

Quote from: DownFanatic on February 21, 2009, 05:55:07 PM
I would read absolutely nothing in to that result.

Jesus lad, of course you should read into it. I know where you are coming from and it ll not have too much bearing but you have to live and learn from each match. Anyone got odds on the U21s. Saw Armagh against Kildare but they played 25 or so players so was hard to get an impression. Their half-forward line seems quite small and redundant though.

charlie stubbs

had a big lad at no.12 who competed well in the air.

no boyle came on as sub but dont think it was him.  not sure who got line for down.  forker be big loss for armagh

dodgy umpire

heard ambrose played in an ulster league game today against naomh brid and "lorded it over them". has to be good news
The Boys in Red and Black are back

DownFanatic

Quote from: corn02 on February 22, 2009, 07:57:18 PM

Jesus lad, of course you should read into it. I know where you are coming from and it ll not have too much bearing but you have to live and learn from each match. Anyone got odds on the U21s. Saw Armagh against Kildare but they played 25 or so players so was hard to get an impression. Their half-forward line seems quite small and redundant though.

Corn, the Shamrock Cup is a glorified friendly competion. I don't care what anybody says but friendlies/challenge games don't count for one iota when it comes to the business end of competitions.

corn02

Quote from: DownFanatic on February 23, 2009, 12:47:05 PM

Corn, the Shamrock Cup is a glorified friendly competion. I don't care what anybody says but friendlies/challenge games don't count for one iota when it comes to the business end of competitions.

Don't count one iota is a bit much. If you are not learing from games, regardless of stature, you are not doing your job.

bredaghgael86

Just someone on hoganstand said that ballela have applied to play in the antrim hurling leagues?  Anyone know if this is true or just a load of nonsense?

Lecale2

Quote from: bredaghgael86 on February 23, 2009, 01:22:59 PM
Just someone on hoganstand said that ballela have applied to play in the antrim hurling leagues?  Anyone know if this is true or just a load of nonsense?

They have.

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

The same competition last year, Monaghan beat Down after a replay in a few tough and ahrd fought games. Down were dissapointed that day, and Monaghan were thrilled with winning it. What happend the next week? Down hammered Antrim and progressed to the semi final of ulster. Monaghan went out..forget who beat them though..Fermanagh, Donegal???

corn02

Quote from: WhoAreYaWhoAreYa! on February 23, 2009, 08:39:22 PM

The same competition last year, Monaghan beat Down after a replay in a few tough and ahrd fought games. Down were dissapointed that day, and Monaghan were thrilled with winning it. What happend the next week? Down hammered Antrim and progressed to the semi final of ulster. Monaghan went out..forget who beat them though..Fermanagh, Donegal???

You're missing my point. I am not saying Armagh are better, I am just saying you should always be taking things from games regardless of stature, result, importance.

NedFlanders

Any thoughts on the upcoming down game V Cavan next weekend?

stpauls

i heard last night that the proposals for the new league structure were ratified and accepted at the last county board meeting, any thoughts?

bredaghgael86

Its very quiet around theses parts at the minute! Was anyone at either of the hurling games.  Good result for the seniors against westmeath.  But hwat is happening with south down? Seems like they can not get going at all this year? Are they missing many lads?