Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NedFlanders

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on February 02, 2009, 06:13:24 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on February 01, 2009, 11:51:09 PM
Quote from: NedFlanders on February 01, 2009, 11:17:34 PM
Woopdy-f**king do, we beat a second rate tipp team, just cause we won a match dont mean were a good team, some of yous bies needa wise up, big time. The only reason we won tonight was because of B.McVeigh, made numerous saves and played fairly well. Some of  yous fella call this a good win, put that team up against Kerry and we'll see what yous have to say

Seriously lad. Take yourself back to the Hoganstand and bring your An Riocht tinted glasses with you.

Everyone is entitled to there opinion and should not be told where to go no matter how long they are a member. its time Down had their sights set higher than beating Tipperary. its nothing to boast and be so happy about. A good division one team in down would beat tipp. Down should be hammering such an outfit not struggling for long periods and conceeding 1-9. 

Nice to see someone on the same wavelength as myself, MDG thanks. Sights have to be set higher the Tippeary, thats why were a division 3 team!

An Riocht won the "b" final by 4 points after extra time

Lecale2

Have the league fixtures been published?

Square Ball

Jus e-mailed them to you, there are no dates yet, just who you play and game weeks
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

DownFanatic

Quote from: Lecale2 on February 02, 2009, 10:01:05 PM
Have the league fixtures been published?

Square Ball, could you check your PM please lad.

Open yer eyes Man

Taken from HS website

Wee James takes Ballinderry reins

Former Down star James McCartan has been appointed manager of Derry giants Ballinderry.

Wee James - an All-Ireland medalist with the Mourne County in 1991 and '94 and part of a legendary Down GAA dynasty - succeeds Michael McKinless, who led Ballinderry to county SFC glory last year.

McCartan's grandfather Briney was the first member of the famous Mourne clan to play for Down, while his father James, uncle Dan and cousin Greg Blaney are all All-Ireland winners.

Ballinderry, previous All-Ireland club champions, reached this season's Ulster club final only to lose to Crossmaglen after a replay.

McCartan was involved last year with Antrim senior champions St Gall's and also helped Queen's University to Sigerson Cup success in 2007. He has also previously managed Burren, the club he once transferred to from Tullylish.

Didn't know there was a caravan park in Ballinderry.    ;)

Square Ball

Guys

I got a few PMs about fixtures, they are from the down site, go to your club, select fixtures and away you go, God I hope they are right. As atated there are no dates just game weeks
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Lecale2

Quote from: Square Ball on February 03, 2009, 04:48:29 PM
Guys

I got a few PMs about fixtures, they are from the down site, go to your club, select fixtures and away you go, God I hope they are right. As atated there are no dates just game weeks

Dates were issued to club secretaries last week in the Master fixtures list.

sabhallphadraig

Quote from: Lecale2 on February 03, 2009, 05:05:16 PM
Dates were issued to club secretaries last week in the Master fixtures list.

If it helps (I can never understand why the master list is sent out as a word document) - here's the reformatted extract for the all-county leagues (note these are provisional at this stage as I understand it):

Fri   17-Apr   A.C.F.L. - Series 1
Mon   20-Apr   A.C.F.L. - Series 2
Fri   24-Apr   A.C.F.L. - Series 3 ****
Fri   01-May   A.C.F.L. - Series 4 ****
Fri   08-May   A.C.F.L. - Series 5 *****
Fri   15-May   A.C.F.L. - Series 6 *****
Fri   22-May   A.C.F.L. - Series 7 ****
Fri   29-May   A.C.F.L. - Series 8 ****
Fri   05-Jun   A.C.F.L. - Series 9
Fri   12-Jun   A.C.F.L. - Series 10
Fri   19-Jun   A.C.F.L. - Series 11
Fri   26-Jun   A.C.F.L. - Series 12 ****
Fri   03-Jul   A.C.F.L. - Series 13 ****
Thu   09-Jul   A.C.F.L. - Series 14 ****
Sun   26-Jul   A.C.F.L. - Series 15 ****
Thu   30-Jul   A.C.F.L. - Series 16 ****
Fri   14-Aug   A.C.F.L. - Series 17
Fri   21-Aug   A.C.F.L. - Series 18 ****
Sat   05-Sep   A.C.F.L. - Series 19 ****
Sat   26-Sep   A.C.F.L. - Series 20
Sat   03-Oct   A.C.F.L. - Series 21
Sun   11-Oct   A.C.F.L. - Series 22

***** These Games Must be Played Without County Players
****   Possibly Played Without County Players

sabhallphadraig

and for the hurlers:

Wed   15-Apr   A.C.H.L. - Series 1
Wed   22-Apr   A.C.H.L. - Series 2
Wed   29-Apr   A.C.H.L. - Series 3
Wed   06-May   A.C.H.L. - Series 4
Wed   13-May   A.C.H.L. - Series 5
Wed   20-May   A.C.H.L. - Series 6
Wed   10-Jun   A.C.H.L. - Series 8
Wed   17-Jun   A.C.H.L. - Series 9
Wed   24-Jun   A.C.H.L. - Series 10
Wed   01-Jul   A.C.H.L. - Series 11
Wed   12-Aug   A.C.H.L. - Series 12
Sun   16-Aug   A.C.H.L. - Series 13
Sun   23-Aug   A.C.H.L. - Series 14

sabhallphadraig

Quote from: Square Ball on February 03, 2009, 04:48:29 PM
Guys

Thanks SB - I hadn't noticed that but can now see that there's fixtures there for your club and probably others but not for Saul for example - and interestingly we haven't been added in the Bredagh fixtures either. Is there a chance we've been automatically relegated or promoted and no-one has told us yet  :o     I haven't seen any fixtures lists emailed out yet so would guess that the Down website admin is practising the setup for the year - if not, someone please let us in on the secret - gently  :)

DownFanatic

Down website has gone a bit funny. The only club I can get access to in the club section is Aghaderg. I can only speculate that they are trying to put up fixtures as I speak.

No1

Lads, the website isn't worth 2 fucks at the minute. 

Can anyone post up or pm me Kilclief's football & hurling fixtures?

Downgael2008

Quote from: Open yer eyes Man on February 03, 2009, 01:16:35 PM
Taken from HS website

Wee James takes Ballinderry reins

Former Down star James McCartan has been appointed manager of Derry giants Ballinderry.

Wee James - an All-Ireland medalist with the Mourne County in 1991 and '94 and part of a legendary Down GAA dynasty - succeeds Michael McKinless, who led Ballinderry to county SFC glory last year.

McCartan's grandfather Briney was the first member of the famous Mourne clan to play for Down, while his father James, uncle Dan and cousin Greg Blaney are all All-Ireland winners.

Ballinderry, previous All-Ireland club champions, reached this season's Ulster club final only to lose to Crossmaglen after a replay.

McCartan was involved last year with Antrim senior champions St Gall's and also helped Queen's University to Sigerson Cup success in 2007. He has also previously managed Burren, the club he once transferred to from Tullylish.

Didn't know there was a caravan park in Ballinderry.    ;)

Thats a long journey for a volunteer !!  ???

Mid Down Gael

Was at the QUB V UUJ game there. Its time James Colgan was back on county panel. he marked Charlie Vernon very well. some difference in Colgan than Jack Lynch or joe Ireland, the pairing that Vernon cleaned two weeks ago. Ireland never even got a run out. hear jamie orielly quit the queens squad because he never got on in McKenna cup. thats queens and loughinisland he has quit on in his career and stil only 21. and yeah he starts for Down at present. Time Ross picked the best players in Down.

eyeswideopen

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on February 04, 2009, 05:20:32 PM
Was at the QUB V UUJ game there. Its time James Colgan was back on county panel. he marked Charlie Vernon very well. some difference in Colgan than Jack Lynch or joe Ireland, the pairing that Vernon cleaned two weeks ago. Ireland never even got a run out. hear jamie orielly quit the queens squad because he never got on in McKenna cup. thats queens and loughinisland he has quit on in his career and stil only 21. and yeah he starts for Down at present. Time Ross picked the best players in Down.

Who won the game??