Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaddyLongLegs

Quote from: thewobbler on November 26, 2008, 09:07:58 AM
There used to be a Down discussion thread over here.

Who are you having a pop at here? :-\

st pauls mcgrath

think derek davis was born and brought up in bangor, must be a st.pauls fan......... :D
Down by birth....St.Pauls by the grace of god

bredaghgael86

Quote from: st pauls mcgrath on November 26, 2008, 12:55:37 PM
think derek davis was born and brought up in bangor, must be a st.pauls fan......... :D
Whos derek davis when he's at home?

5 Sams

I think a few of the Glassdrumman boys thought it was Big Tom when he walked into the changing room :D
The Aristocrat Years

spiritof91and94

Quote from: DaddyLongLegs on November 26, 2008, 12:33:58 PM

It is easy to see the eleven plus is over and these people have alot of time on their hands.

From reading todays mourne Observer it appears that the County Minor Management has been reinstated for 2009 - was it not said that they had quit after the Omagh debacle?

Whacker

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on November 26, 2008, 04:19:40 PM

It is easy to see the eleven plus is over and these people have alot of times on their hands.

From reading todays Irish News it appears that the County Minor Management has been reinstated for 2009 - was it not siad that they had quit after the Omagh debacle?

Who is the minor management??

spiritof91and94

dundrumite

DaddyLongLegs

It is easy to see the eleven plus is over and these people have alot of time on their hands.

From reading todays mourne Observer it appears that the County Minor Management has been reinstated for 2009 - was it not said that they had quit after the Omagh debacle?

Well if in the Mourne Observer it MUST be true! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

thegael

bitta banter

you are still trying to cover up by relating to other clubs . the 08 manager was assaulted . do your own investigations and i'm sure you do know it is true .
please dont bring in other clubs as a deflection it is a disgrace what happened to the manager
bitta banter  the gael doesnt lie.

after the intermediate final the manager was hit ,  do not try and brush this under the carpet, it happened it is a disgrace .

your would be cleverness by trying to deflect does not sit well with the gael.

it did happen! ur club should be ashamed of themselves a good guy who did his best for you taking you to a final , getting your maximum points ever in div 2 .

as a club i would be an admirer a progressive club, good facilities and a lot more.

but your club members know about this incident and are choosing to brush it under the carpet .

go and do your own investigations about that night in question and you will find the gael has it spot on. the manager was cowardly slapped.

the gael takes no prisoners!

DownFanatic

Omagh wasn't a debacle last year Spirit. The team lost it in the final quarter after controlling much of the game up until that point. Down didn't have a fantastic team last term but they still pushed Tyrone all the way. Tyrone went on to win an All Ireland. Their team was also littered with Hogan Cup winning medalists.

I think your gripe is the fact that Bryansford had no representation on the panel last year.

Dubh driocht

DF, I think that the 2008 minors were a good team, well trained by your clubmate, but poorly managed.Look at the number of senior first-team players on the panel.Tyrone were there for the taking on the day and we didn't take them.In 2006 and 2007 the team underperformed .This re-appointment is not good news.

thegael

the gael remembers the day when newry had gaa clubs and they tried to win trophies  - now they have drinking clubs and they are all trying to win X FACTOR trophies !

god help the gaa in down now when one of our centres of population are only interested in drinking and  X factor type competitions especially the ones who are outside of newry ballyholland social club formerly a gaa club!!

wobbller

I take grave exception to this comment.It's trying times in this day and age and a bit of harmless
fun cheers the community up.Would you rather they were out drinking on street corners or beating
up pensioners(fatally as happened in Ballykinlar)?What is your problem with life?

thegael

the gael remembers the day when newry had gaa clubs and they tried to win trophies  - now they have drinking clubs and they are all trying to win X FACTOR trophies !

god help the gaa in down now when one of our centres of population are only interested in drinking and  X factor type competitions especially the ones who are outside of newry ballyholland social club formerly a gaa club!!

wobbler there is no need to take exception to this just go out and try and get your club back competing in sport not drinking and harmless fun for god sake man get a grip x factor holy smoke what is next!

i suppose  your club has accepted defeat in trying to progress in sport so as i said earlier yes as an example  ballyholland social not gaa club. i see ballyholland won only 3 games all year in the league the gael rests his case!