Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballybredagh

Echo the views of my Bredgagh colleague about the Minor B final; we were beaten by a more hungry Laotroim team, but some of the actions of their players (and one official) were deplorable. Two of our youngest (U15) players had to be replaced after unprovoked attacks; our goalkeeper got charged into the net in the first half and our subsitiute corner-forward who got blasted on  the head in the second half.  Also, our right-half back was struck with a hurl (and got a split nose) by one of the Laotroim officials, who was subsequently ordered from the field.

That said, Laotroim had done their homework on us and deserved their win. Granted, some of their players bullied and intimidated, but they went home with the cup that's the bottom line. We probably just need to take stock and learn from their win at all cost mentality.

Statto-Gael

Quote from: corn02 on November 03, 2008, 12:54:29 PM
Lads promotion playy-offs. What way does it work? I thought it was two semis and a final , does everyone play each other?

corn - in Div 1 for the title its 2 semis and then a final. For all the other playoffs (promotion and relegation) its a round-robin mini-league on neutral-grounds.

On that topic, its been very quiet on the Div 1 games from the weekend - what happened? Also Kilclief/Tullylish in Div 2, who came out on on top in that one?

In Div 3 it looks like Glassdrumman v Carryduff for the title with a Carryduff defeat giving Ardglass a chance of forcing another playoff for the 2nd promotion spot. At the other end St Michaels have joined Mitchels in Div 4 with Teconnaught joining them unless they win over St Michaels this weekend - if they do win, its another head to head between Bosco and Teconnaught for the winner stays up prize.

BTW Well done to Annaclone and St Johns in Ulster  :)

passedit

Quote from: Statto-Gael on November 03, 2008, 02:43:54 PM
Lads promotion playy-offs. What way does it work? I thought it was two semis and a final , does everyone play each other?

corn - in Div 1 for the title its 2 semis and then a final. For all the other playoffs (promotion and relegation) its a round-robin mini-league on neutral-grounds.

On that topic, its been very quiet on the Div 1 games from the weekend - what happened? Also Kilclief/Tullylish in Div 2, who came out on on top in that one?

In Div 3 it looks like Glassdrumman v Carryduff for the title with a Carryduff defeat giving Ardglass a chance of forcing another playoff for the 2nd promotion spot. At the other end St Michaels have joined Mitchels in Div 4 with Teconnaught joining them unless they win over St Michaels this weekend - if they do win, its another head to head between Bosco and Teconnaught for the winner stays up prize.

I'm surprised No1* hasn't been on with the 'good news' Kilclief won this one handy. Maybe No 1 is still on the stag weekend  ::)

* AKA Kilclief Minister For Information  ;)
Don't Panic

No1

Thought I'd let someone else report back on that one passedit  :D.

For the first time in living memory all of our lads put football before the beer and it worked out well for us.  A comprehensive victory.  Who was the Tullylish linesman on the changing room side of the pitch?  The man's blood pressure must be shocking, he should stay away from the football for the good of his health!!

Can't believe I am gonna write this........

Mon the hoops!

DownFanatic

Id put my house on Tullylish joining us in Division 3 next year. The Hoops will pull a load of boys out of the woodwork for this one. How much did you's beat them by No.1?

No1

8 points in it at the finish up.  We only pulled away in the last 15 though.  Big Rosie was superb.  Tullylish tired very badly, they have a big job to lift themselves now.  I hear all the RGU soccer heads are back for next week.  One off special appearances!

DownFanatic

I see Warrenpoint beat Banbridge in the Division 2 Promotion Playoffs as well

passedit

Quote from: No1 on November 03, 2008, 03:31:26 PM
Thought I'd let someone else report back on that one passedit  :D.

For the first time in living memory all of our lads put football before the beer and it worked out well for us.  A comprehensive victory.  Who was the Tullylish linesman on the changing room side of the pitch?  The man's blood pressure must be shocking, he should stay away from the football for the good of his health!!

Can't believe I am gonna write this........

Mon the hoops!

Didn't make it down as my youngfella was playing in Holywood (got a text of the score). I have a prime suspect though, he wasn't a greying/ginger lad with glasses by any chance?
Don't Panic

guevara

warrenpoint won by ten good start to playoffs!!
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

Bitta-Banter

Tullylish can still do it,sure who the hell is RGU soccer superstars?one or two names but certainly no super stars at the Gaelic.RGU havent won a match in ages and they'll find that difficult to overcome,i bet you there will be no soccer men training for them this week because the soccer team have a mid-week cup match.

Was at the Bredagh & Carryduff game yesterday,not a bad game,although fair play to C'duff who won with 14 men after John Lav was sent off.You would have thought Carryduff had the spare man though.Bredagh were poor espeically up front except for number 15 who was decent,and they will be in big trouble when Jody Gormley retires as he is the only man who can take the ball outta defence and link it with the forwards.

dodgy umpire

Quote from: Bitta-Banter on November 03, 2008, 04:59:13 PM

Was at the Bredagh & Carryduff game yesterday,not a bad game,although fair play to C'duff who won with 14 men after John Lav was sent off.You would have thought Carryduff had the spare man though.Bredagh were poor espeically up front except for number 15 who was decent,and they will be in big trouble when Jody Gormley retires as he is the only man who can take the ball outta defence and link it with the forwards.

not neccessarily, when some of the older legs retire it will give many very talented u21s a chance to play and this will boost the team greatly. a lot of them should have been playing yesterday
The Boys in Red and Black are back

Bitta-Banter

I'd say Jody Gormley had the best Bredagh team on the field.

stpauls

Quote from: Statto-Gael on November 03, 2008, 02:43:54 PM

i have heard a rumour that St. Michael's are not going to field this weekend against Teconnaught as it is a nothing match for them. this would leave both Bosco and Teconnaught on 3 points each, and an all or nothing game between them.

dodgy umpire

Quote from: Bitta-Banter on November 03, 2008, 07:00:07 PM
I'd say Jody Gormley had the best Bredagh team on the field.

a lot of people who have worked with the younger players would beg to differ
The Boys in Red and Black are back

No1

QuoteI have a prime suspect though, he wasn't a greying/ginger lad with glasses by any chance?

Nope, wasn't him  He was a heavy set lad with dark hair around mid forties, near had a coronary with every badly hit pass!

We've had previous with the boy you describe in the premier reserve league  ;D