Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stpauls

Quote from: Minus15 on October 29, 2008, 03:28:54 PM
hard to pick up exactly what has gone on between St pauls and saul. Did their original fixture not take place due to failure to field by either team or was it due to inclement weather?

the first time it was to take place, Saul could not field on the Friday night due to an apparent mix up in the fixtures, so they asked us to move the game. we offered them the following sunday evening, but they said it didn't suit, even though they could field a reserve team.

the second time it was fixed for the monday night after our championship game with Mitchells, which the county board then postponed. Saul then turned up at our pitch on the monday evening, and claimed they had never been told of the change.

western exile

Quote from: DaddyLongLegs on October 29, 2008, 07:33:13 PM
Quote from: western exile on October 28, 2008, 08:42:46 PM
I also think you are mistaken 99  :)
No one is trying to stir at all. The facts speak for themselves. Dromara achieved more game points on the pitch throughout the season than Aghaderg did. Aghaderg pipped them to the promotion spot by 1 point because St. Johns gave them 2 free points by not bothering to field.  Their non fielding against The Finn may not have had an impact on any league position, but their failure to field against Aghaderg decided who got promoted.

I don't know if there is any precedent for sanctions in a case like this. But St. Johns certainly have a case to answer.  The leagues are meant to be a fair competition. We cannot have one club dictating who gets promoted with them  ;D

I think you've got a little mixed up Western Exile. I believe Aghaderg finished two points ahead of Dromara. Had the Johnnies fulfilled the fixture you're harping on about & beaten Aghaderg, then Aghaderg & Dromara would have finished level. But with a superior points difference, Aghaderg would have went up in any case. So Aghaderg went up on their own merits and not because the Johnnies had a wedding in the parish to which all your "no good Johnnies" were invited.

That is a big stretch of the imagination!!  Check the Down gaa website http://www.downgaa.net/downgaa/leaguetables/full_allcounty_leaguetables.htm .   Had St. Johns fulfilled their fixture with Aghaderg, and beaten them by 10 points like they did to every other team this year, Dromara would have finished ahead of Agahderg. No matter what way you look at it, St. Johns had a  hand in deciding who got promoted.

Your language was negative, so I would like to make one thing clear here... We all congratulate St. Johns on being worthy Junior Champions this year, and wish them the best in the Ulster Championship. And everyone who commented on this issue has not said otherwise.   However, the club does have a case to answer to for their failure to field.

An Cloch Scoilte

DaddyLongLegs

Quote from: western exile on October 29, 2008, 08:22:42 PM
Quote from: DaddyLongLegs on October 29, 2008, 07:33:13 PM
Quote from: western exile on October 28, 2008, 08:42:46 PM
I also think you are mistaken 99  :)
No one is trying to stir at all. The facts speak for themselves. Dromara achieved more game points on the pitch throughout the season than Aghaderg did. Aghaderg pipped them to the promotion spot by 1 point because St. Johns gave them 2 free points by not bothering to field.  Their non fielding against The Finn may not have had an impact on any league position, but their failure to field against Aghaderg decided who got promoted.

I don't know if there is any precedent for sanctions in a case like this. But St. Johns certainly have a case to answer.  The leagues are meant to be a fair competition. We cannot have one club dictating who gets promoted with them  ;D

I think you've got a little mixed up Western Exile. I believe Aghaderg finished two points ahead of Dromara. Had the Johnnies fulfilled the fixture you're harping on about & beaten Aghaderg, then Aghaderg & Dromara would have finished level. But with a superior points difference, Aghaderg would have went up in any case. So Aghaderg went up on their own merits and not because the Johnnies had a wedding in the parish to which all your "no good Johnnies" were invited.

That is a big stretch of the imagination!!  Check the Down gaa website http://www.downgaa.net/downgaa/leaguetables/full_allcounty_leaguetables.htm .   Had St. Johns fulfilled their fixture with Aghaderg, and beaten them by 10 points like they did to every other team this year, Dromara would have finished ahead of Agahderg. No matter what way you look at it, St. Johns had a  hand in deciding who got promoted.

Your language was negative, so I would like to make one thing clear here... We all congratulate St. Johns on being worthy Junior Champions this year, and wish them the best in the Ulster Championship. And everyone who commented on this issue has not said otherwise.   However, the club does have a case to answer to for their failure to field.
Western Exile, while those two boring ****ers (I mean posters!!!) are tucked up in bed :), I would point out that with an under-strength or wedding fatigued side, Aghaderg would probably have won the fixture!!! ;D

interested

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.DLL,I liked you better in your previous username!

Leg End

so theres a conflict of interest with saul and st pauls in div 3

is this similar in div 1 with relegation playoffs wit saval the bridge and an riocht. a bit farcical if it is were losing would suit a team better than winning
we're here for a good time, not a long time

An Cloch Scoilte

Quote from: Leg End on October 30, 2008, 01:25:44 AM
so theres a conflict of interest with saul and st pauls in div 3

is this similar in div 1 with relegation playoffs wit saval the bridge and an riocht. a bit farcical if it is were losing would suit a team better than winning

Liatroim have 3 games left and have reached the 30% of the bridge's total, as have Saval, both of whom occupy the relegation places. It just so happens that the Bridges last two games are against Saval and Liatroim! You can't blame Liatroim and Saval for this farcical situation, as both are playing to the rules set by the County Board. It's of no fault of Saval and Liatroim's that An Ríocht and Ballyholland didn't reach the quota of points, and to be honest it would in both Liatroim and Saval's best interests that Mayobridge won both their remaining games!

5iveTimes

01.02.2009 (Sun)
Allianz GAA Football National League
Round 1
2.30pm    Tiobraid Árann    v    An Dún

14.02.2009 (Sat)
Round 2
7.30pm    An Dún      v    An Lú

07.03.2009 (Sat)
Round 3
7.30pm   An Dún       v    An Cabhán

15.03.2009 (Sun)
Round 4
2.30pm   Longfort       v    An Dún

22.03.2009 (Sun)
Round 5
2.30pm   Luimneach       v    An Dún

28.03.2009 (Sat)
Round 6
7.30pm   An Dún       v    Uíbh Fhailí

12.04.2009 (Sun)
Round 7
2.30pm   Ros Comáin      v    An Dún

3 home games under lights on Saturday evenings and 4 away games in Tipperary, Longford, Limerick and Roscommon.
There's not much wood left in the coffin now, its nearly all made of nails.

Leo

Where do Tipp play their home football games?
Fierce tame altogether

centre 3/4s

Absolutely mouth watering the thought of some of those games!! Jaysus, and we wonder why we dont do so well in championship football, if we cant qualify out of this league then the future is very bleek.  Not one quality side there, you can polish it up and paper over them as much as you like but have to say it looks like its going to be pure crap again this season?

5iveTimes

Quote from: Leo on October 30, 2008, 03:46:06 PM
Where do Tipp play their home football games?

I would presume Thurles.

Seems I am wrong, apparently its Ardfinnan.
There's not much wood left in the coffin now, its nearly all made of nails.

An Cloch Scoilte

Down HAVE TO qualify out of that league!!

You can possibly say, and that is a very slight possibly, that they came up against an improved Wexford and Fermanagh sides last year, but looking at some of the dead wood in that league, Down have to be favourites to qualify, and qualify as winners!

DownFanatic

Any word on how St Johns did tonight?

Also, good luck to Annaclone on Sunday

milltown row

Manager texted me tonight. St Johns win. good stuff. they may go all the way

Shortso79

Full Time

St Johns 2 - 13

Coa 2 - 7