Previous topic - Next topic

passedit

Quote from: stpauls on October 27, 2008, 08:06:28 PM
Quote from: off the laces on October 27, 2008, 02:33:21 PM
Quote from: Maiden1 on October 26, 2008, 08:53:04 PM
Quote from: dundrumite on October 26, 2008, 07:44:44 PM
Quote from: Maiden1 on October 26, 2008, 07:18:35 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on October 26, 2008, 03:17:12 PM
Just as a matter of interest, are Saul and St Pauls going to play their remaining Division 3 League fixture? From my take on it it is quite a meaningful fixture because as it stands it will decide which club plays in the IFC next year and which club plays in the JFC.
At the moment Saul are in 7th with 21 points and -16 of a goal difference while St Pauls are in 8th with 21 points and a -19 goal difference. As it stands, with this game remaining, Saul are in the IFC position while St Pauls are in the JFC position.

Downfanatic is that definately the case? going on previous seasons it has always been the bottom 4 not the bottom 6 in division 3 that played in the junior.  This year Drumgath where supposed to be in the junior as they finished 4th bottom last season but because they had played senior the year before they played in the Intermediate and Glen who finished 5th bottom played junior in there place.

With St. Johns  who would of being Junior next year winning the JFC, does that not mean a team who would of being intermediate next year will now be playing Junior?
You could be right.  It would be the bottom 5 this year as there was an extra team in division 3 this year and St John's winning it may mean another team enters.
St pauls what do you think off this, i mean you's played in the junior this year and along with glenn where the main fancied team would you think you would want to play in intermediate football,or get through the junior and get arun in ulster as silverware lifts teams, i know which one i would go for!!!!!!!!

OTL, check your pm's!!

It's yours to take otl. You didn't field v St Pauls because you were short players, you refused an alternative date so St Pauls should get the points ergo you're in the junior championship. I'm sure the county board was hoping not to have to adjudicate on this fixture but the facts are plain. For St Pauls to enter the junior championship instead of saul next year would be unfair on the other teams and tantamount to cheating imo.

St Pauls I sincerely hope you're not fraternising with the enemy.
Don't Panic

off the laces

Quote from: passedit on October 28, 2008, 09:25:02 AM
Just as a matter of interest, are Saul and St Pauls going to play their remaining Division 3 League fixture? From my take on it it is quite a meaningful fixture because as it stands it will decide which club plays in the IFC next year and which club plays in the JFC.
At the moment Saul are in 7th with 21 points and -16 of a goal difference while St Pauls are in 8th with 21 points and a -19 goal difference. As it stands, with this game remaining, Saul are in the IFC position while St Pauls are in the JFC position.

Downfanatic is that definately the case? going on previous seasons it has always been the bottom 4 not the bottom 6 in division 3 that played in the junior.  This year Drumgath where supposed to be in the junior as they finished 4th bottom last season but because they had played senior the year before they played in the Intermediate and Glen who finished 5th bottom played junior in there place.

With St. Johns  who would of being Junior next year winning the JFC, does that not mean a team who would of being intermediate next year will now be playing Junior?
You could be right.  It would be the bottom 5 this year as there was an extra team in division 3 this year and St John's winning it may mean another team enters.
St pauls what do you think off this, i mean you's played in the junior this year and along with glenn where the main fancied team would you think you would want to play in intermediate football,or get through the junior and get arun in ulster as silverware lifts teams, i know which one i would go for!!!!!!!!

OTL, check your pm's!!

It's yours to take otl. You didn't field v St Pauls because you were short players, you refused an alternative date so St Pauls should get the points ergo you're in the junior championship. I'm sure the county board was hoping not to have to adjudicate on this fixture but the facts are plain. For St Pauls to enter the junior championship instead of saul next year would be unfair on the other teams and tantamount to cheating imo.

i am not going to rise to you edit, we have a great relationship with St Pauls and both teams will work together to sort this out one way or another.
Keeps 'er' straight

passedit

Forgot the smiley ~OTL.

IMO although ye pulled a flanker on the original fixture, now that championship status depends on the outcome, I believe it should be settled on the field of play.
Don't Panic

off the laces

Quote from: passedit on October 28, 2008, 09:36:56 AM
Forgot the smiley ~OTL.

IMO although ye pulled a flanker on the original fixture, now that championship status depends on the outcome, I believe it should be settled on the field of play.
And i also believe that but playing league football in November is just not on :o
Keeps 'er' straight

passedit

Quote from: off the laces on October 28, 2008, 09:46:19 AM
Forgot the smiley ~OTL.

And i also believe that but playing league football in November is just not on :o

All the playoffs are just starting and MacNamee park is always playable.
Don't Panic

No1

Passedit, keep your eye on the bastards.

I remember as an U-12 them hiding behind the wall at their "pitch" at Lough Money.  I don't know if they hid because they were so ashamed of the Derby County strip they were wearing or they were just afraid to play us.   ;D

They tried to claim the points for that one aswell.  Sly hewers.  Good to see them setting their sights as high as ever  ::)

DaddyLongLegs

Quote from: Square Ball on October 27, 2008, 10:43:35 PM
just curious, but is keeping St Johns in div 4 under consideration or is it all nonsense
I think this is all a load of SH one T. I can't believe that St Johns would have put themselves in this position after a really successful year – they have too many smart men (& women!) on the Committee to allow this to happen. But, in any case, still not sure what the rule is on two failures to field  but would doubt if it would incur such a heavy penalty (especially if St Johns could provide good reasons). Bit surprised though, that for the history books, they gave up the opportunity to complete the Leaque & Down junior championship unbeaten.

off the laces

Quote from: No1 on October 28, 2008, 11:00:48 AM
  Passedit, keep your eye on the b**tards.

I remember as an U-12 them hiding behind the wall at their "pitch" at Lough Money.  I don't know if they hid because they were so ashamed of the Derby County strip they were wearing or they were just afraid to play us.   ;D

They tried to claim the points for that one aswell.  Sly hewers.  Good to see them setting their sights as high as ever  ::)
u where just upset No1 as we had no dugouts those days for you to hide in ;D ;D
Keeps 'er' straight

off the laces

Quote from: No1 on October 26, 2008, 03:58:26 PM
Kilclief beat Warrenpoint by 2 points.  Think we've secured a play off place with Tullylish and the RGU the other two teams in it.

We have a stag weekend organised for next week  :o
Well have you managed to get the game called off Has someones dog died down by the shore or down the links  ::) :P
Keeps 'er' straight

No1

Nah, we are just sending out the seconds like we did last time we were in relegation play offs.

How many did we beat yiz by at the RGU that day?   :D

Dugouts??  FFS, yiz barely had goalposts!

off the laces

Quote from: No1 on October 28, 2008, 12:15:09 PM
Nah, we are just sending out the seconds like we did last time we were in relegation play offs.

How many did we beat yiz by at the RGU that day?   :D

Dugouts??  FFS, yiz barely had goalposts!
To be honest youse beat us well that day, but if we had of stayed up we would have ended up like Dundrum bt nearly every match sure what would have been the point in that!!!!!
Keeps 'er' straight

Bitta-Banter

Forgot the smiley ~OTL.

So laces how do you propose its settled then?toss a coin?Plenty of other teams hav their futures decided at this time of year and they dont complain.

stpauls

Quote from: passedit on October 28, 2008, 09:25:02 AM

OTL, check your pm's!!

not fraternising, just giving my honest opinion. not sure if we could compete in the Intermediate Championship IMHO, so us finishing in the position to put us in the Junior may be the best scenario.

off the laces

Quote from: Bitta-Banter on October 28, 2008, 12:44:53 PM
Forgot the smiley ~OTL.

IMO although ye pulled a flanker on the original fixture,Look back a few pages we turned up for the refixtured game to find no st pauls or ref now that championship status depends on the outcome, I believe it should be settled on the field of play.
So laces how do you propose its settled then?toss a coin?Plenty of other teams hav their futures decided at this time of year and they dont complain.
the only way it should be settled play the match....banter we have been playing football at this time off year this past 6yrs in different playoffs and i just know it was good to be told thats us finished for the year last week, remember we started before the rest off the leagues.
Keeps 'er' straight

passedit

QuoteLook back a few pages we turned up for the refixtured game to find no st pauls or ref

Like i said, a flanker, ye were told there was no game and tried to pull a fast one having already turned down two dates for the fixture including one when you managed to field a reserve side at the same venue.

But like I said, now that championship status depends on the outcome, this should be settled on the pitch. Any deal/arrangement/nod or wink which settles this anywhere else will reflect very poorly on both clubs imo
Don't Panic