Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

western exile

Quote from: DaddyLongLegs on October 26, 2008, 09:07:38 PM
Saw a bit on Hogan Stand that St Johns would be staying in Div 4 due to failure to field twice this season. Would seem a bit harsh but is that the rule? If so maybe only two would come down from Div 3, not three as planned.
If that is true, and I dont know if it is  ??? , it should be Dromara that gets promoted instead, as they were the ones that suffered from St. Johns failing to field against Aghaderg.

goldenyears

i hear Paddy Tally is the new Down trainer, D Mussen def gone.

Is it true that An Riocht are def down? it seems that way as the Downwebsite as both teams in yellow to signify relegation. But I hear that Liatroim are still playing for points?? I also hear the ludicrous suggestion that Liatroim are to play the Bridge, and getting beaten suits them as it means Bridge have more points which in turn means An Riocht havent hit the 30% mark...

this is crazy if its the case

Dulaney

Goldenyears i think they are in yellow to show that they are in relegation playoffs at least at the moment although if Mayobridge win their remaining two games it will mean An Riocht go straight down and as Mayobridge's last two games are against Saval and liatroim, it would seem that is a forgone conclusion, neither of these teams will want to beat the bridge as they will just drag themselves into relegation playoffs if they win!!!
After the wkends league fixtures does that now mean the league playoffs are:

Mayobridge v Castlewellan
Kilcoo         v Rostrevor

T O Hare

Wobbler, why were yous afraid to play on the theatre of dreams yesterday???
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

thewobbler

The referee called the game off Tom, not us.

Cattlefield of dreams would be a better description.

off the laces

Quote from: Maiden1 on October 26, 2008, 08:53:04 PM
Quote from: dundrumite on October 26, 2008, 07:44:44 PM
Quote from: Maiden1 on October 26, 2008, 07:18:35 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on October 26, 2008, 03:17:12 PM
Just as a matter of interest, are Saul and St Pauls going to play their remaining Division 3 League fixture? From my take on it it is quite a meaningful fixture because as it stands it will decide which club plays in the IFC next year and which club plays in the JFC.
At the moment Saul are in 7th with 21 points and -16 of a goal difference while St Pauls are in 8th with 21 points and a -19 goal difference. As it stands, with this game remaining, Saul are in the IFC position while St Pauls are in the JFC position.

Downfanatic is that definately the case? going on previous seasons it has always been the bottom 4 not the bottom 6 in division 3 that played in the junior.  This year Drumgath where supposed to be in the junior as they finished 4th bottom last season but because they had played senior the year before they played in the Intermediate and Glen who finished 5th bottom played junior in there place.

With St. Johns  who would of being Junior next year winning the JFC, does that not mean a team who would of being intermediate next year will now be playing Junior?
You could be right.  It would be the bottom 5 this year as there was an extra team in division 3 this year and St John's winning it may mean another team enters.
St pauls what do you think off this, i mean you's played in the junior this year and along with glenn where the main fancied team would you think you would want to play in intermediate football,or get through the junior and get arun in ulster as silverware lifts teams, i know which one i would go for!!!!!!!!
Keeps 'er' straight

DownFanatic

The way the Leagues are at the moment, this will be the 2009 Championship lineups.

SFC

Mayobridge
Kilcoo
Rostrevor
Castlewellan
Burren
Clonduff
Longstone
Loughinisland
Saval
Liatroim
An Riocht
Ballyholland
Bryansford
Annaclone (IFC Champions) (Moved up from IFC grade)
Banbridge (Moved up from IFC grade)
Warrenpoint (Moved up from IFC grade)

IFC

Shamrocks
Ballymartin (Moved down from SFC grade)
Darragh Cross
Atticall (Moved down from SFC grade)
Tullylish
Downpatrick (Moved down from SFC grade)
Kilclief
Dundrum
Glasdrumman
Ardglass
Bredagh
Carryduff
Drumgath
Drumaness (Moved up from JFC grade)
Saul
St Johns (JFC Winners) (Moved up from JFC grade)

JFC

St Pauls
Glenn
Teconnaught (Moved down from IFC grade)
Bosco (Moved down from IFC grade)
St Michaels
Mitchels
Aghaderg
Dromara
Bright
Ballykinlar
Aughlisnafin

amallon

I can see the headlines already.  The Bridge a Bridge to far for Banbridge!
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

eyeswideopen

Quote from: western exile on October 27, 2008, 01:11:44 AM
Saw a bit on Hogan Stand that St Johns would be staying in Div 4 due to failure to field twice this season. Would seem a bit harsh but is that the rule? If so maybe only two would come down from Div 3, not three as planned.
If that is true, and I dont know if it is  ??? , it should be Dromara that gets promoted instead, as they were the ones that suffered from St. Johns failing to field against Aghaderg.

I did have a look at hoganstand to see what the story was about St Johns failing to field twice this season. It does appear they may have a case to answer. There are no play-off game in division 4 and i do understand the county board wanting to get on with play-off games in the other divisions and thus not bothering with meaningless end of season games. But St Johns games with Aghaderg and The Finn were both scheduled games where they failed to field.

Johnnie99

Quote from: eyeswideopen on October 27, 2008, 06:49:12 PM

I did have a look at hoganstand to see what the story was about St Johns failing to field twice this season. It does appear they may have a case to answer. There are no play-off game in division 4 and i do understand the county board wanting to get on with play-off games in the other divisions and thus not bothering with meaningless end of season games. But St Johns games with Aghaderg and The Finn were both scheduled games where they failed to field.

Think your tyring to make somthing out of nothing here just because dromara didnt get promoted.  there is more to this story, st johns did appear for game with the finn as originally planned a month or so earlier, as did the ref, but finn said pitch had been closed by council.  ref carried out a pitch inspection on the same night, deemed it playable, then left as the finn were not present, they were on their golf day.  st johns did not fail to appear for next game, they appealed to the co board that they had already appeared for this game and should get the points.  think you are trying to stir things here from a dromara perspective with the hope of dromara getting promoted at the expense of st johns?  dromara have only themselves to blame, losing to a better aghaderg team late in the season.

stpauls

Quote from: off the laces on October 27, 2008, 02:33:21 PM
Quote from: Maiden1 on October 26, 2008, 08:53:04 PM
Quote from: dundrumite on October 26, 2008, 07:44:44 PM
Quote from: Maiden1 on October 26, 2008, 07:18:35 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on October 26, 2008, 03:17:12 PM
Just as a matter of interest, are Saul and St Pauls going to play their remaining Division 3 League fixture? From my take on it it is quite a meaningful fixture because as it stands it will decide which club plays in the IFC next year and which club plays in the JFC.
At the moment Saul are in 7th with 21 points and -16 of a goal difference while St Pauls are in 8th with 21 points and a -19 goal difference. As it stands, with this game remaining, Saul are in the IFC position while St Pauls are in the JFC position.

Downfanatic is that definately the case? going on previous seasons it has always been the bottom 4 not the bottom 6 in division 3 that played in the junior.  This year Drumgath where supposed to be in the junior as they finished 4th bottom last season but because they had played senior the year before they played in the Intermediate and Glen who finished 5th bottom played junior in there place.

With St. Johns  who would of being Junior next year winning the JFC, does that not mean a team who would of being intermediate next year will now be playing Junior?
You could be right.  It would be the bottom 5 this year as there was an extra team in division 3 this year and St John's winning it may mean another team enters.
St pauls what do you think off this, i mean you's played in the junior this year and along with glenn where the main fancied team would you think you would want to play in intermediate football,or get through the junior and get arun in ulster as silverware lifts teams, i know which one i would go for!!!!!!!!

OTL, check your pm's!!

eyeswideopen

Quote from: Johnnie99 on October 27, 2008, 07:35:27 PM
Quote from: eyeswideopen on October 27, 2008, 06:49:12 PM

Think your tyring to make somthing out of nothing here just because dromara didnt get promoted.  there is more to this story, st johns did appear for game with the finn as originally planned a month or so earlier, as did the ref, but finn said pitch had been closed by council.  ref carried out a pitch inspection on the same night, deemed it playable, then left as the finn were not present, they were on their golf day.  st johns did not fail to appear for next game, they appealed to the co board that they had already appeared for this game and should get the points.  think you are trying to stir things here from a dromara perspective with the hope of dromara getting promoted at the expense of st johns?  dromara have only themselves to blame, losing to a better aghaderg team late in the season.

I think you are mistaken as i am in no position to stir things from a dromara perspective. I have nothing to do with Dromara. I happen to know the facts. Fact : Council had closed Finn pitch when originally fixed and no ref in the county can over rule the council. Fact : The county broad re-fixed the match and St Johns refused to field. Fact: St Johns applied to county board for the right to play a challenge match on same weekend they were due to play Finn. County board refused as they had a scheduled league fixture.
Why do St John feel the need to claim the point from The Finn?? Why not give some fringe players a game in a game which is meaningless?????

Square Ball

just curious, but is keeping St Johns in div 4 under consideration or is it all nonsense
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Lecale2

Quote from: Square Ball on October 27, 2008, 10:43:35 PM
just curious, but is keeping St Johns in div 4 under consideration or is it all nonsense

It is yeah. It will be a big blow to them if they aren't promoted.

off the laces

Quote from: Lecale2 on October 28, 2008, 07:54:57 AM
Quote from: Square Ball on October 27, 2008, 10:43:35 PM

It is yeah. It will be a big blow to them if they aren't promoted.
Is it true the Co Board are wanting to come down that heavy on them? Surely its normally just a fine
Keeps 'er' straight