Ballymartin  17  19
Darragh Cross  17   17
Attical  18   17
--------------------------------
Downpatrick  16  14
Tullylish   18  10
Kilclief   16   7
Dundrum   18   2

Outstanding Fixtures: Downpatrick v Warrenpoint + Kilcilef v Banbridge + Downpatrick v Banbridge + Kilclief v Warrenpoint + Banbridge v Warrenpoint + Ballymartin v Darragh Cross 

The way I read the relegation rule is that if Kilclief and Tullylish both don't reach the required 30% of Bryansford's total then whichever team is third from bottom stays up.  Is that right?  I am assuming that Dundrum are already gone?

You'd be right No1. Ye play Tullylish in your second last game and it'll be shit or bust for both teams.

SFC

Mayobridge v Saval - Mayobridge
Burren v Loughinisland - Burren

IFC

Annaclone v Glasdrumman - Annaclone
Darragh Cross v Kilclief -Darragh Cross

JFC

Aghaderg v Bright - Aghaderg
St Pauls v St Johns - St Johns
Don't Panic

Bacon

Sorry I should have added earlier - Ballela to win the Junior Hurling on Friday night. They were the best team in the competition and if they perform the way they can they will beat a limited Clonduff. Clonduff are a team of fit footballers who play a bit of hurling; with 2-3 hurlers. They will be found out on Friday.

Good to see Ballela going strong. A couple of years ago I thought they would go the way of Darragh Cross because of the small pick.

As for all this talk about them being in Div 1 and still playing Junior? In 7 or 8 years they never won a match in the IHC. They really are a junior team.

Fair play to them for sticking with Div 1 in the hope of improving their hurling but maybe Kilclief or Bredagh will want to be graded Junior next year? Both are below Ballela in the Div 1 League!
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

eyeswideopen

Wed 10th Sept
Div 4  Dromara 3-07  Finn 2-05

SFC

Burren v Loughinisland - Burren

IFC

Darragh Cross v Kilclief -Darragh Cross

JFC

St Pauls v St Johns - St Johns ( having beaten Drumaness by 9 i believe St Johns will beat St Pauls by more)

Niall Quinn

SFC

Burren v Loughinisland - Loughinisland

IFC

Darragh Cross v Kilclief - Darragh Cross

JFC

St Pauls v St Johns - St Pauls
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Lecale2

Quote from: Bacon on September 10, 2008, 10:37:17 PM

Fair play to them for sticking with Div 1 in the hope of improving their hurling but maybe Kilclief or Bredagh will want to be graded Junior next year? Both are below Ballela in the Div 1 League!

I can't see Bredagh asking to be re-graded Junior next year. Our aim is to play in both Intermediate & Junior with a seconds team. Give as many lads championship hurling as possible.

Our Nail Loney

Any prices for the weekends matches? D4S?

gorm agus bui

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on September 11, 2008, 11:29:38 AM
Any prices for the weekends matches? D4S?
£5 for a single header £7 for double header!!!!

D4S

I think he meant prices as in betting odds!

Nothing yet will probably be tomorrow!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

gorm agus bui

Was only joking.Just couldn't activate the smileys

Superstar

If it wasnt for this auld knee injury...........

bredaghgael86

Quote from: johnneycool on September 10, 2008, 10:36:34 AM
Quote from: RGU till i die on September 09, 2008, 11:03:55 PM
Paul Branniff does not referee for Downpatrick.

apologies to anyone from the RGU I may have insulted. I didn't realise my mistake would cause someone so much offence that they'd actually register for the first time to post.

I must have struck a raw nerve!

Paul braniff has to be the worst ref in the world, never mind down. i just cant decide wether its total incompetance or something else entirely.  either way i hope it does not get in he way of what promises to be a good game.

Ballybredagh

Quote from: Lecale2 on September 11, 2008, 11:15:13 AM
Quote from: Bacon on September 10, 2008, 10:37:17 PM

I can't see Bredagh asking to be re-graded Junior next year. Our aim is to play in both Intermediate & Junior with a seconds team. Give as many lads championship hurling as possible.

Never mind Bredagh being regraded to Junior hurling; we're after you lot in the Ards and will be competing with you at senior level in about 5 years, give or take a few.

Our Nail Loney

Dead on D4S.... Have text my mate from hughes but no reply yet, useless hoor!

off the laces

Heard on the grapevine Darragh are missing up to 5 regulars this weekend the shoreline boys could have a chance, 2 forwards one a left footed free taker,1midfielder and 1 defender and a defender an injury doubt add mcgourty looking at the hurling on sun just might be wide open
Keeps 'er' straight

6th sam

Quote from: bredaghgael86 on September 11, 2008, 01:30:40 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on September 10, 2008, 10:36:34 AM
Quote from: RGU till i die on September 09, 2008, 11:03:55 PM
Paul Branniff does not referee for Downpatrick.

apologies to anyone from the RGU I may have insulted. I didn't realise my mistake would cause someone so much offence that they'd actually register for the first time to post.

I must have struck a raw nerve!

Paul braniff has to be the worst ref in the world, never mind down. i just cant decide wether its total incompetance or something else entirely.  either way i hope it does not get in he way of what promises to be a good game.

Oh,that's a turn up for the books-a bredagh man criticising the referee!!