Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

islandboy

just a point i think should be made in respect of the senior quarter finals. 4 east down teams are in the quarter finals yet only one game being played in east down. was looking froward to the kilcoo game but as it is in newry it is an hour there and so i will not be going. i appreciate that newry has a lot of work done to it but the atmosphere at another venue would be better. finally i think it is a disgrace that the game is under lights. i heard kilcoo are objecting

Super Dupe

Quote from: BRIDGE LAD on August 23, 2008, 11:41:36 AM
Bridge winnin by a point at the end, still unsure myself if time was up! Rostrevor at it the whole game, niggly and starting fights! Bridge weren't good again rostrevor tore them apart at times! If they play like that next week it will be easy for Bryansford. Ronan sexton is prob playing the worst football of his career, he give away about 10 balls in a row and kicked 3 or 4 to keepers hands! I hope the management can get them back playing the way they can or we'll be out!

Just to clarify a few things here Bridge lad.  'Rostrevor at it the whole game'.  Typical one sided comment from someone who will not take account of their own teams actions.  No mention of Sextons kick to a Rostrevor player right in front of the ref who proceeded to issue only a yellow card.  If a red had been given perhaps the whole melee might not have arisen.  Or in fact the same players attempted headbutt!!  Or what about young Bradys succession of punches!  Now i know he is a boxer but he should keep that in the ring i think. 

Certainly Rostrevor were not innocent, far from it!  Both teams have to take account for the aggression shown in the last 20 minutes when the game was at its closest.  There are conflicting reports on whether the game was abandoned or not.  The half hour was up yes, but according to the ref there was still 2 minutes to play.  Both teams will probably be fined and the only question will be whether the bridge get the points or not as they were leading by a point at the time.

gorm agus bui

guaranteed minimum action will be taken with so many Bridge men on the CCC and also wont want to upset the county players!!!

amallon

Who are all these many Bridge men on the CCC?  Sean Rooney is assistant secretary and Johny McConville is our club delegate at county board, just the way as every other club has their delegates to the county board.  By my reckoning having one man in a position of power isn't going to allow us to ride rough shod over the rest of the county when it comes to applying the rules.

We only had two Bridge men play in the championship for Down and I can't see what relevance keeping them happy is to any punishment (if any) the Bridge and Rostrevor will get.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

6th sam

Quote from: islandboy on August 26, 2008, 10:37:58 AM
just a point i think should be made in respect of the senior quarter finals. 4 east down teams are in the quarter finals yet only one game being played in east down. was looking froward to the kilcoo game but as it is in newry it is an hour there and so i will not be going. i appreciate that newry has a lot of work done to it but the atmosphere at another venue would be better. finally i think it is a disgrace that the game is under lights. i heard kilcoo are objecting

5 EAST DOWN TEAMS ACTUALLY!We have little enough to blow about in East Down ,so when we get a few teams in the final stages ,we may as well crow about it.!
Regarding East Down venues,if you look at the pairings the venues are fairly equidistant for both teams,the fixtures secretary should not be expected to manipulate the venues ,just to keep East Down sweet--we are one county after all.

Regarding Newry,it's an excellent venue,which cost dear,we should use it as much as we can,especially under lights ,which makes for a great atmosphere in our showpiece stadium.Let's face the vast majority of Down GAA supporters actually are fairly accessible to Newry,and whether we in East Down like it or not,there is not the same level of neutral support likely to turn out in East Down venues.

Coming from an East Down club even less accessible to Newry,than yourselves Island boy,I would love to get the opportunity to support my club in Pairc Esler in a champiuonship QF.

The fixture secretary has a thankless task keeping everyone sweet,and floodlit fixtures are a must to get the fixture list completed.It was made clear to clubs that floodlit fixtures are always a possibility.Whereas I can sympathise with Kilcoo ,if the fixtures secretary allows certain clubs opt out of floodlit venues,the whole fixtures calender would be in chaos.

county colours

Anyone know when the next round of league fixtures is goin to be played? Friday 5th Sept?

DownFanatic

Latest ACFL Division 2 Table

Bryansford  17   32
Annaclone  17   22
Clann na Banna 15  22
Shamrocks  17   20
----------------------------------
Warrenpoint  15   20
Ballymartin  16  17
Darragh Cross  17   17
Attical  16   15
--------------------------------
Downpatrick  14  10
Tullylish   17  8
Kilclief   15   7
Dundrum   16   2

Outstanding Fixtures: Downpatrick v Attical + Downpatrick v Warrenpoint + Kilcilef v Banbridge + Downpatrick v Banbridge + Kilclief v Warrenpoint + Dundrum v Ballymartin

buglebhoy

Was at Annaclone Warrenpoint game last night, not great game, few jammy goals by annaclone!! Couldnt believe Warrenpoint as a team! All taped up, cycling shorts, socks up, white boots, and sleeves and wrists taped. Very posey looking i thought.

BRIDGE LAD

SFC
Saval v Liatroim;  SAVAL
Loughinisland v Downpatrick;    LOUGHISLAND
Burren v Kilcoo;    BURREN
Bryansford v Mayobridge;    MAYOBRIDGE

IFC
Drumgath v Annaclone;    ANNACLONE
Bredagh v Kilclief;    BREDAGH
Glasdrumman v Warrenpoint;    GLASDRUMMAN
Darragh Cross v Shamrocks;    SHAMROCKS

JFC
Bright v Ballykinlar;    BRIGHT
St Johns v Drumaness;   DRUMANESS
Newry Mitchels v St Pauls;    ST PAULS
Aghaderg v St Michaels;    ST MICHAELS

BRIDGE LAD

Quote from: Super Dupe on August 26, 2008, 11:02:26 AM
Quote from: BRIDGE LAD on August 23, 2008, 11:41:36 AM
Bridge winnin by a point at the end, still unsure myself if time was up! Rostrevor at it the whole game, niggly and starting fights! Bridge weren't good again rostrevor tore them apart at times! If they play like that next week it will be easy for Bryansford. Ronan sexton is prob playing the worst football of his career, he give away about 10 balls in a row and kicked 3 or 4 to keepers hands! I hope the management can get them back playing the way they can or we'll be out!

Just to clarify a few things here Bridge lad.  'Rostrevor at it the whole game'.  Typical one sided comment from someone who will not take account of their own teams actions.  No mention of Sextons kick to a Rostrevor player right in front of the ref who proceeded to issue only a yellow card.  If a red had been given perhaps the whole melee might not have arisen.  Or in fact the same players attempted headbutt!!  Or what about young Bradys succession of punches!  Now i know he is a boxer but he should keep that in the ring i think. 

Certainly Rostrevor were not innocent, far from it!  Both teams have to take account for the aggression shown in the last 20 minutes when the game was at its closest.  There are conflicting reports on whether the game was abandoned or not.  The half hour was up yes, but according to the ref there was still 2 minutes to play.  Both teams will probably be fined and the only question will be whether the bridge get the points or not as they were leading by a point at the time.

Aye good one 1!!!! :D :D :D :D

D4S

The result was in yesterdays Irish News think it was 1-13 to 1-12 so looks as if referee blew final whistle and put in his report with that as final score, I think that would mean Mayobridge get the points, or will there be a hearing about it?!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

Minus15

SFC
Saval v Liatroim;  LIATROIM
Loughinisland v Downpatrick;    LOUGHINISLAND
Burren v Kilcoo;    BURREN
Bryansford v Mayobridge;    DRAW

IFC
Drumgath v Annaclone;    ANNACLONE
Bredagh v Kilclief;    BREDAGH
Glasdrumman v Warrenpoint;    WARRENPOINT
Darragh Cross v Shamrocks;    SHAMROCKS

JFC
Bright v Ballykinlar;    BRIGHT
St Johns v Drumaness;   DRAW
Newry Mitchels v St Pauls;    ST PAULS
Aghaderg v St Michaels;    ST MICHAELS

spiritof91and94

Quote from: amallon on August 26, 2008, 09:00:52 AM
Were the Ford at full tilt or were they resting lads for Sunday night?

We were five short with two of these serious doubts for sunday.

bridgegael

i don't see why the matches should be played under floodlights.  take saturday nights match,  20.30 start,  this means that teams will still be playing at around quarter to ten!  they could have just started the double header at 4 and second game at 17.45.  i'm not surprised the clubs involved are complaining.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

T O Hare

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on August 26, 2008, 06:38:26 PM
Quote from: amallon on August 26, 2008, 09:00:52 AM
Were the Ford at full tilt or were they resting lads for Sunday night?

We were five short with two of these serious doubts for sunday.

who are your doubts spirit ;) :)
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"