JFC
Bright v Ballykinlar;    Bright
St John v Drumaness;    Drumaness
Newry Mitchels v St Paul;    St Pauls
Aghaderg v St Michaels;    St. Michaels

DownFanatic

Quarter Final Predictions

SFC

Mayobridge v Bryansford - The Ford done brilliantly to overcome Castlewellan but Mayobridge may just be a step too far. They just about overcame Clonduff in the 1st Round and this suggests that they arent anywhere near full tilt at the moment. I can see them opening up a bit more against the Newcastle men and they will more than likely advance. - Mayobridge

Saval v Liatroim - The Fontenoy's scalp of Longstone was a very positive one in my eyes. Likewise, Saval's progression against Ballyholland was also very well merited. The League Table suggests this may be a tight affair. It could be but Id expect the class of P.P McCartan and Aidan O'Prey to shine through and Liatroim may just find themselves in the Semis. - Liatroim

Burren v Kilcoo - The big question here is whether Kilcoo can really come of age and banish their Championship hoodoo. They were in superb form against the Kingdom while Burren did what they had to do against a poor Attical offering. Id put a sizeable amount of cash on Kilcoo winning this one. Their fluidity and mobility may have Burren in knots by the end of this one. - Kilcoo

Loughinisland  v Downpatrick - Both these teams know each other really well. I was suprised that Dpk beat Ballymartin in the 1st Round. Having said that the Hoops arent an overly great side at the moment but their Championship nous means they'll not lie down for this encounter. Loughinisland's win over Rostrevor was incredibly understated and I just cant see by them for this one. - Loughinisland

IFC

Drumgath v Annaclone - I fully expected both these teams to come through in the 1st Round. However, Drumgath's dream stops here. Annaclone to emerge victors. - Annaclone

Darragh Cross v Shamrocks - Very hard one to call. Ive seen both teams recently and they are very similar in their makeup. However, I believe the quartet of Shamrock's county men may be able to lift them enough to edge this one. Id expect it to be very tight. - Shamrocks

Bredagh v Kilclief - Bredagh beat us convincingly enough last time out but I just cant see them taking Kilclief. The only way this will happen is if the men from the shore have a particularly bad day at the office. Kilclief may be staring Division 3 football in the face but they have enough experience and grit to make the last 4. - Kilclief

Warrenpoint v Glasdrumman - Intriguing tie. The Point needed to pull out all the stops against Banbridge last week while Glasdrumman beat Bosco handy enough. A simple gulf in class will decide this and a strong Point attacking force will totally upset Glasdrumman. - Warrenpoint

JFC

Bright v Ballykinlar - Bright are poor this year. Ballykinlar are poor every year. There will be a tense derby flavour to this one. The Kinlar would really have to extend themselves to no end to progress here. Bright will win this but their title aspirations will stop short at the Semis. - Bright

St Johns v Drumaness - Nightmare of a game to predict. How good at this level are St Johns? They have pillaged the rest of Division 4 with relative ease but now they face their biggest test yet. Drumaness will be smarting from last year's Final defeat but the big 'if' with them for this game is which Drumaness team will turn up? Im going for a pretty solid offering from them and I can just about see them through. - Drumaness

Aghaderg v St Michaels - St Michaels are dark horses for this Championship in my eyes. They are a better side than the Derg and with a potent attacking force at this level, they will be in the draw for the next round. - St Michaels

Mitchels v St Pauls - Holywood is slowly but surely on the rise in terms of GAA development. From underage up St Pauls are making great strides and its fantastic to see. They will be firing on all cylinders for this one and Mitchels have been dreadfully poor this year. The North Down men to saunter through. - St Pauls

Niall Quinn

SFC
Saval v Liatroim;    Liatroim
Loughinisland v Downpatrick;    Loughinisland
Burren v Kilcoo;    Kilcoo
Bryansford v Mayobridge;    Mayobridge

IFC
Drumgath v Annaclone;    Annaclone
Bredagh v Kilclief;    Bredagh
Glasdrumman v Warrenpoint;     Warrenpoint
Darragh Cross v Shamrocks;    Darragh Cross

JFC
St Johns v Drumaness;   Drumaness
Newry Mitchels v St Pauls;    St Pauls
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

bridgegael

SFC
Saval v Liatroim;    saval
Burren v Kilcoo;    burren
Bryansford v Mayobridge;    Mayobridge

IFC
Bredagh v Kilclief;    kilclief
Glasdrumman v Warrenpoint;     Warrenpoint
Darragh Cross v Shamrocks;    shamrocks

JFC
St Johns v Drumaness;   Drumaness
Newry Mitchels v St Pauls;   mitchels

"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

miss mess

Quote from: D4S on August 25, 2008, 12:05:03 PM
Quote from: guevara on August 25, 2008, 10:50:38 AM
Anyone see the incident in saturday nights game Stone v Liatroim involving McCrickard?
Did Stone supporter get involved?
Surely not or this would be 2nd year in row that one of their supporters has got involved with a player in championship!!

the main problem that riled the longstone supporters was the refs decision to send mark poland off for absolutely nothing. referee was diabolical.

Maiden1

SFC
Bryansford v Mayobridge;    Bryansford

IFC
Glasdrumman v Warrenpoint;     Warrenpoint
Darragh Cross v Shamrocks;    Darragh Cross

JFC
St Johns v Drumaness;   St Johns

Just to be different I will go for a Bryansford win.   ;D
There are no proofs, only opinions.

bridgegael

Quote from: miss mess on August 25, 2008, 05:31:56 PM
Quote from: D4S on August 25, 2008, 12:05:03 PM
Quote from: guevara on August 25, 2008, 10:50:38 AM
Anyone see the incident in saturday nights game Stone v Liatroim involving McCrickard?
Did Stone supporter get involved?
Surely not or this would be 2nd year in row that one of their supporters has got involved with a player in championship!!

the main problem that riled the longstone supporters was the refs decision to send mark poland off for absolutely nothing. referee was diabolical.

did that give them the right to attack collie mccrickard with an umbrella??
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

D4S

Have you seen the wire round that pitch, you couldnt get over it if you tried so I don't think he was going to come to any harm bridgegael  ::)  I'm sure what happened was a lot less than what went on with your players and subs on Friday night...People in glass houses and all that ;)

The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

TORGAEL

ACFL DIV3 RESULT

Bosco 1-9
Drumgath 2-13

cloneman

Warrenpoint 3-14 Annaclone 3-10

Heard that Banbridge beat Bryansford

eyeswideopen

ACFL Div 4
Dromara 0-13  Aghaderg 0-9

Superstar

Aye bann beat Bryansford by 2 points last nite
If it wasnt for this auld knee injury...........

amallon

Were the Ford at full tilt or were they resting lads for Sunday night?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

islandboy

SFC
Loughinisland v Downpatrick;    Loughinisland and our first semi in 15/16 years )
Bryansford v Mayobridge;    bridge

IFC
Glasdrumman v Warrenpoint;     Warrenpoint
Darragh Cross v Shamrocks;    shamrocks

JFC
St Johns v Drumaness;   St Johns

Lecale2

Quote from: amallon on August 26, 2008, 09:00:52 AM
Were the Ford at full tilt or were they resting lads for Sunday night?
If they have any sense they will have rested boys. They know they have the play off place in the bag.